Kansas Question

FatesFan

Dec 18, 2004
Has anyone seen Kansas on the current tour? They are coming to a small town just 20 minutes from me and I am thinking of going.If you have seen them on this tour, how was it?

I just bought tickets this week to see them in Effingham, IL, which is a town of about 5,000 people. I have not seen them since 1997. I think it should be a good show.

The town they are playing in has a about 15,000 people. The venue has about 1,000 seats and they are not all up for sale. I think I will go. I have never seen them and would have loved to see them in their prime.

The town they are playing in has a about 15,000 people. The venue has about 1,000 seats and they are not all up for sale. I think I will go. I have never seen them and would have loved to see them in their prime.

Personally, I think you should try to go. I believe you'll really enjoy the show. I've always heard that the sound is near perfect at their shows.

~Brian~

If Walsh's voice was almost like it was in the 70's (Kansas was awesome to listen to during my teen years-early 20's)and Robby Steinhart was back in the band I would consider going. I can no longer stand to listen to him sing anymore,sad to say.

WOW! They really sounded great. I was really suprised by just how good they sounded. They are not much on the "show" side but they were great! If you like them and have a chance to see them, you should.

WOW! They really sounded great. I was really suprised by just how good they sounded. They are not much on the "show" side but they were great! If you like them and have a chance to see them, you should.

I've been meaning to call you to see how it went, but just haven't gotten around to it. Yeah, I wouldn't think those guys would exactly have an Evergrey-esque stage show! :lol: You'll have to cut them a little slack.

~Brian~

So did you happen to get the set list?

It was something like this:

1 Magnum Opus.

2 Musicatto

3 Point of Know Return

4 M O O Nowhere

5 Elenor Rigby

6 Hold On

7 Dust Wind

8 Song for America

9 Cheyenne Anthem

10 ICARUS II

11 ICARUS

12 Belexes

13 Down The Road.

14 Portrait ( He Really Knew )

Encore

15 Fight Fire with Fire.

16 Carry On Wayword Son

Yeah, I wouldn't think those guys would exactly have an Evergrey-esque stage show! :lol: You'll have to cut them a little slack.

~Brian~

This comment confused me. I've seen evergrey 3 times (Wacken '02, progpower 4 and on their tour with iced earth and bodom) and they always did a great job of nailing the songs, but hardly what i'd call amazing showmen.