Karaoke after the Oliva show..

There are online lyric databases that can search for and download lyrics using metadata. And of course, if you insert a cd into a computer, (unless it was burned using cd-text, which is very rare) the artist/song titles have to be downloaded from an online database as well. It's a good idea, but because of all the hurdles I'm not sure it's been implemented yet.

Good point about the metadata. And yeah, the hurdles are probably numerous because of performance licenses and legal rights and blah blah.. :Smug: So how's it coming along Rocky? :lol:

Good point about the metadata. And yeah, the hurdles are probably numerous because of performance licenses and legal rights and blah blah.. :Smug: So how's it coming along Rocky? :lol:

I gotta believe it would be fairly easy to do, technically speaking. I mean, when I rip cd's to my computer with CDex it goes online and gets the album info and automatically labels it. Probably wouldn't be too difficult to use the same concept for lyrics, but for the legalities like you mentioned. Otherwise, I've gotta believe it would have been done by now. Thing is, considering how popular karaoke is in certain places, it's kinda shocking to me that the innovative aspect hasn't quite kept up with the growing popularity, not to mention that virtually every karaoke song list looks almost identical.

A bit more info: Setlist has 22 songs......expect a minimum of 90 minutes.....I would expect more like 120 with Oliva's usual banter, story-telling, trinkits and what-nots!

Party on!
\m/

A bit more info: Setlist has 22 songs......expect a minimum of 90 minutes.....I would expect more like 120 with Oliva's usual banter, story-telling, trinkits and what-nots!

Party on!
\m/

Does that time include Jack Daniels hits? :heh:

I can't tell how much I am looking forward to this!

Steve in Philly

I saw Oliva a few weeks ago in Florida with Wade Black's new band Black Reign opening. What a great show that was. I'm looking forward to watching the Mountain King kicking ass again!!!!!!