Katatonia...A Perfect Circle?

Powers

Good Morning USA!
Nov 7, 2005
Sunderland, U.K.
www.rackaforum.com
So I've been listening to The Great Cold distance since last Wednesday and I could help thinking that the album sounded really similar to the sound of another band. Then whilst listening to "My Twin", I suddenly clicked on, the overall sound of 'Distance' feels really similar to APC's eMOTIVe.

Maybe it's just me, but before you make an assesment, inparticular listen to APC's "Passive" and Katatonia's "My Twin".

It's doesn't really matter because I like both bands (however I still prefer APC to Tool) but I just thought I'd share this.

Shit....this has nothing to do with Opeth at all.

Admin@ban.com

Actaully I could argue that as Mike has appeared in Katatonia it has a link to Opeth...clutching at straws yea?

1. I hear moonlapse gave the a'ok on general music chat
2. APC arent like Tool ( would you even make the comparison if maynard was in either of those bands.... )
3. I think APC are fairly good normal rock band. Good listen every once in a while its easy to pick up.

To me, APC is like an easy-listening version of Tool... on a lesser scale, there is the same relationship between David Gilmour's solo work and Pink Floyd. DG's stuff is much easier to listen to... much lighter.

Katatonia definitely has Tool influences...

NineFeetUnderground said:
whats changed here really? i wouldnt beat yourself up over it...i dont see a change in the future either.
you're such an asshole :lol:

on another note, APC's newest album is fucking ridiculously horrible.
Thirteenth step is actually a really good album.

edit: passive is an amazing song. the only good one off of emotive

Ten SiSi said:
but who cares? because katatonia>>>>>>>>>>>>APC
right... i dont really get the point of you stating that. this discussion is not about how we rank apc and kata.

hate to break it to you, but he pre-dates you here...i wouldnt count on him leaving anytime soon.

I know. I was hoping that his expiration date had finally been reached :erk:.

speaking of which, when is yours up for that matter?

I donno, probably around the time that a shovel hits the back of your neck :lol:. No need for anyone to come to this forum once you are gone.