Katatonia...A Perfect Circle?

Musically, they're fairly similar, though they do have a little bit of a different style. Lyrically they're totally different. APC is very political, which I don't particularly appreciate (especially since i disagree with a lot of their views) while Katatonia is all about emotion and relationships.

Katatonia always reminded me of Flaw.

wheres the jazz influence........................

T0_-1_1392084.jpg

the_3_toed_sloth said:
And here i was thinking i was the one! God, i really cannot stand the APC-love. APC is all the lame aspects of Tool...and yet people fawn over it.

Go figure.

I think the first APC album is good and really does not sound anything like Tool. But everything they released after that has been pretty pointless (and a lot of Thirteenth Step does sound like Tool-lite), which the band members seem to have finally realised because as far as I know the band has pretty much dissolved.

I got into A Perfect Circle after I got into Tool and I've always preferred Tool. Although I think Maynard does a better vocal job in APC.
More on topic: I've actually never heard Katatonia. I may just have to do that.

blimey said:
really? damn man. kata is amazing. you'll like them if you're into Tool/APC.

But even if you dont like Tool/APC you can like katatonia. I dislike the music from both of those bands but I really enjoy katatonia's.

note: I'm not saying you werent saying this anyways, I'm just adding to your reccomendation :)

ps. awesome avatar lightninglixxx :)

pps. why do people always have to fucking post goatse everywhere :(

LightningLixxx said:
I got into A Perfect Circle after I got into Tool and I've always preferred Tool. Although I think Maynard does a better vocal job in APC.
More on topic: I've actually never heard Katatonia. I may just have to do that.

yea dude, get some katatonia.. I recommend starting with their album "the last fair deal gone down"

i would go for Viva Emptiness first personally I find it the easiest to get into

The difference is the adam jones from tool can't play guitar very well.