Katatonia Forever !

rephazer

New Metal Member
Jul 10, 2003
Holland
www.mp3.com
First of all I´m not a metal-fan at all,but I already follow their music since the release of Brave Murder Day...
That album was great (except the vocals,but this is personal ;) ) The simpel ,but clear sound and melodies made them very original !

I just wanted to say that the latest Viva Emptiness album is Superb !!! :cool:

I think the sound was better on Last Fair Deal Gone Down,but this is just a personal meaning...The songs and especially the vocals are getting better and better !!!

I´m already looking forward to their next step of succes !!!!

Katatonia forever !!!!!
:Spin:

joker_new_03.jpg

rephazer said:
First of all I´m not a metal-fan at all,but I already follow their music since the release of Brave Murder Day...
That album was great (except the vocals,but this is personal ;) ) The simpel ,but clear sound and melodies made them very original !
this is disgusting :ill:

rephazer said:

I just wanted to say that the latest Viva Emptiness album is Superb !!! :cool:

I think the sound was better on Last Fair Deal Gone Down,but this is just a personal meaning...The songs and especially the vocals are getting better and better !!!

I´m already looking forward to their next step of succes !!!!

Katatonia forever !!!!!
:Spin:

joker_new_03.jpg

Sounds like you would appreciate at least the latest Opeth album "Damnation", and naturally Anathema, but then I don't understand how anyone could not love Anathema.

Strange that you pick Katatonia for melodies, sure they're good, but what makes Katatonia great is they're energy.
Maybe you'll enjoy Paradise Lost as well.

Allan said:
Sounds like you would appreciate at least the latest Opeth album "Damnation", and naturally Anathema, but then I don't understand how anyone could not love Anathema.

Strange that you pick Katatonia for melodies, sure they're good, but what makes Katatonia great is they're energy.
Maybe you'll enjoy Paradise Lost as well.

I do appreciate Opeth and heard some pieces of that album,but after 4 songs I felt a little sleepy,don´t take that to hard I think the power of Opeth is in the combination of soft-hard songs like Face of Melinda,but my favourite is Benighted...Damn what a beautifull song is that :)

I don´t pick katatonia for the melodies ,because they write better riffs then Opeth for example,but they stay in you´re head all day long ;)

I´ll remember Anathema...Never heard it before so thanks !!!

And Paradise Lost is not my favourite,but thanks anyway !!

Ðali said:
you should try to get 'The Silent Enigma' album of Anathema. That album is fucking great :hotjump:

Agreed, but they're all great! And seeing he's not a metal fan, he should probably try post-"The Silent Enigma" Anathema.

:p
Demonspell said:
I don't know why someone would have a problem with Katatonia appealing to someone who doesn't normally listen to metal...

Me neither, I hate the term metal. And I find growls unnecessary although I do like a lot of songs with them. :p

Personally when it comes to Anathema, I'd recommend Judgement. That would have to be one of the greatest albums released in 1999.

Hey, Katatonia is a very likeable band. All their albums are so incredibly unique, they can attract anyone. ;)