Katatonia in Wacken

Not up to the band, i assume. But at least we can talk about how we hope for it to happen...

Maybe if this thread get's 20+ pages and some 5000 views it'll raise attention and it might have a tiny effect on whoever makes these decisions *big hopes*

@Pilot I realized that but I can't change the topic title afterwards for some reason...

Slightly off topic and directed to anyone who's knowlegable about Wacken- Me and a friend are thinking of attending wacken but because of other events (we're from the US), this might not happen - would it be wise to buy our tickets now? I mean will it sell out?

Slightly off topic and directed to anyone who's knowlegable about Wacken- Me and a friend are thinking of attending wacken but because of other events (we're from the US), this might not happen - would it be wise to buy our tickets now? I mean will it sell out?

I`ve been reliably informed that over 40,000 tickets have already been sold. I would strongly advise buying soon. If it turns out that you cannot go you should have no problem selling the tickets.

i think you have to wait till katatonia release their new album.Therefore,they will probably prepare a new album world concert tour.i hope it will comprise wacken...
otherwise,you may not see them in wacken,cause they are girding up their lions for a new studio album in the following 2008 months.

i'd rather have Katatonia at the Summerbreeze. Primordial and Orphaned Land are already confirmed. it would be so awesome to see my 3 favourite bands at the same festival

Would love to hit Summer Breeze this year, but for some reason Brutal Assault has been put back to the same weekend as SB. Going by the last few years BA has had the best lineups of any festival.
@Hypnos: What do you think of the new Primordial album?? Best yet IMO. Caught them last week in Dublin, one of the best shows I have ever been to.Heading over to London next Saturday to catch them again.

I dont think Katatonia will play Wacken, if they were German they would have a good chance of playing, but theyre not so its much more likely they'll play summerbreeze again, or that French festival i cant remember the name. And as for wacken, its getting bigger and bigger every year and will sell out very soon. the xmas tickets sold out during or around the last wacken in August! theres always ebay but metaltix.com has them for around £60-70 i think, so its nothing really for what you get.