Katatonia lead blakkheim / fredrik?

Oct 17, 2006
Ok I am aware that Anders is pretty much the lead guitarist;
and Fredrik Rhythem.

But according to album notes (ie LFDGD) both guitarist take turns at lead and
rhythem. I am interested to know specific songs where Fred does the lead instead of rhythem.
I have a hunch that it is Fredrik who does that "cool bend" on the song "Will I Arrive" just before the chorus, am I right????? but in general want to know when in particular he takes lead duties

I will try to remember how they played in belgrade...fred plays leads on teargas,some parts on murder and evidence,soil's song maybe...on the dvd fred also plays leads on chrome and burn the remembrence wah part....

hey guys!

impossible to answer.. we swap around these parts between us and change them as we feel like it for the time being... if i played some leads on the album, it might just as well end up with fred playing them live cuz i gotta focus on some backinvocals tight to those spots, or it could just be randomized...and hey oh lets go, dont forget that jonas play leads too!

Not sure if what I said came out as sarcastic?

I just always see additional guitar by Jonas and wanted to know what he played.

impossible to answer.. we swap around these parts between us and change them as we feel like it for the time being... if i played some leads on the album, it might just as well end up with fred playing them live cuz i gotta focus on some backinvocals tight to those spots, or it could just be randomized...and hey oh lets go, dont forget that jonas play leads too!

Hmm I wondered that; alternating the roles
you guys are just insanely nuts, insanely good

yeah I did notice he played lead on the DVD to btr and Chrome, it was that style of riff which has lead me to believe he may have done the that neat riff on will I arrive. Tear gas and Chrome have more of a "strummed" intro

I bet Jonas does the Acoustic guitar on "A darkness comming"

hey guys!

Hmm, But why would Jonas play some leads? Might be stupid to say, but I presume you or Fredrik can play them too. Or is it because he wrote such a specific lead that he got to play them?

What sort of level playing is Jonas at on guitar? My gosh, he probably does the whole thing, then teachers it to you guys doesn't he!!

(just kidding, save the katatonic needle for your own quiet nites in!!)