Katatonia Tour

Deliverance6

Jun 4, 2003
Ann Arbor Michigan U.S.
Visit site
and so I figure there will be discussion about the tour.......and I figure we will need a place to talk about it....so here it is.

I am by no means a world traveller.....but I really want to go see the guys.....what would be the cheapest place to go see them.....I would be flying out of Detroit......I just have no clue.....so any advice would be great...

hey here are some prices from expedia,hope you can make everything out lol

untitled888.jpg

Uh, I guess I'll drop a request for the band here:

I noticed that in Finland you'll be playing at Tavastia. For some weird reason, bands don't *usually* start playing until at midnight there, ending at 3 am or so. This sucks a lot, as the last buses from Helsinki leave at around midnight and it's really hard to catch a taxi at that time as well. However, *usually* was emphasized because there was an article about this yesterday in the newspaper and they interviewed a guy from there that said that the ultimate decision of the playing times is left to the band.

So uh, would it be possible if you guys started a bit earlier than the regular times, like 9 PM or so and end at midnight like the concerts at the nearby Nosturi do, so it'd be possible for me to get home :D

(or is it already so? they don't have your concert listed at the Tavastia website yet, which shows when the bands start/end)

Deliverance6 said:
I am by no means a world traveller.....but I really want to go see the guys.....what would be the cheapest place to go see them.....I would be flying out of Detroit......I just have no clue.....so any advice would be great...
If you don't mind forking out about $170+ a night for a hotel room, you could see 'em in London quite cheaply if you fly from Toronto. I'd suggest you check out an airline like Air Transat (got me from Toronto to Belfast for $350 CAD, taxes included. I think a return trip to London would be about $800 CAD) or Zoom (never gone with them, but I think they charge around $600 CAD for a return flight from Toronto to London)

Edit: here's a link to the airlines in case you wanted to check 'em out:

Air Transat: http://www.airtransat.com/

Zoom: http://www.flyzoom.com/

I´m asking in these days if I can take a couple of days off..it seems very very difficult..but my plans are either the two shows in italy or Berlin and Hamburg...well actually if I had another job I would have seen all those dates plus maybe Holland..but ok, it´s better not to whine about this, either I get really desperate!
If you fly to Italy and I´m going there too there would be no problems for Kata fans and accomodation, my parents have a big house, there is plenty of beds :), but I have no ideas abouth how much it could cost to fly there from USA....I guess that maybe London is the cheapest...(and don´t forget to bring a Birthday cake with you ha ha)...
If I were you and if I had to spend so much money to fly to Europe, than I would fly again like to Beauvais (Ryan Air airport is just there) and then always with Ryan Air to Italy..then with AirBerlin to Berlin, than to Hamburg by car(I´m sure Cis has some place in her car..he he), well maybe that´s too much, but that would be tourism and Kata koncerts together, and lots of fun:)
anyways, maybe ask some other kata fans on this board for accomodation, sometimes there are nice people who can give you help and it´s a way for making new friends:)

EDIT: I have booked my plane for the two gigs in Germany, so no gigs in Italy this year...but I´m happy that at least I´ll see two gigs...

ether said:
EDIT: I have booked my plane for the two gigs in Germany, so no gigs in Italy this year...but I´m happy that at least I´ll see two gigs...
Yah... I'm also already freakin' out coz I'm gonne see them twice, too! :D
But unfortunately the both gigs on which you're not going ... I'm gonna go to Köln/Cologne and Essen... ... *ahr* ... why does it have to be sooo long 'til may... *sighs*

:kickass: Katatonia will come to Copenhagen too......:oops: but Copenhagen would properly be the most expensive city to see them in...all though I'm guessing that the concert ticket price in Copenhagen won't be more than about 16$. I would still say London.. just make sure that you also book the concert ticket in advance

Anthony3 said:
Hey Reece, fly out to the London gig. I'll be there, I can't wait!

Try using www.bookingbuddy.com to check out prices. My flight out of Philadelphia was $650. Going to London is probably the cheapest. Also check prices for Londons Gatwick airport, those are usually cheaper.

man I hope I can pull this off.......Im such a poor bitch and all.....it seems there are a few friends that might be able to hook me up with some more info as well......since dissapointingly it actually seems that Katatonia wont be in the U.S. one time......Ill see what I can get my online poker roll up to and go from there......I just had 1100$ in it but needed to cash some out for bills.......I will from this day forth play poker for katatonia...........

@ Deliverance:
Don't know what's the cheapest flight to Europe but if you decide to come to Germany or Holland you'll get free rides in my car + accommodation. All other Katatourists are welcome as well :)

hmm...yeah flying from Canada to Europe is cheaper specially if landing in London so i would suggest you go to Winsor Ontario, (i think it borders with Detroit) and take a plane to London or bus it to Toronto and then plane to London... Im going to Europe in summer and im paying 800 cdn for the flight, which is pretty cheap considering that going to my native Mexico would be around 1400 cdn. Man i was really going to go to one of their dates in London, but i figure it would cost a whole lot plus i wouldnt enjoy the trip because all their UK dates are during my final examinations for univ, which would totally restrict my staying, and if im spending money i would want to get the best of it.
I hope Katatonia continues her touring during late summer (say after aug 20).
and well while Im on topic, anyone in France (Paris, Nice), Itally (Rome, Venice maybe Milan) and Holland (Amsterdam) wants to adopt a mexican for a day during late aug? lol...hehe no serously it would be nice to have someone to show me around...my "frleiends" ditched me and im screwed cuz i already bought the plane ticket which is non refundable... so yeah eurotip by myself :p

Czech Republic is pretty cheap.
Accomodation is about 10-20 dolars a night, launch is about three dolars and beer costs half of dolar. Prague is beautiful city to visit, so I would suggest you my country. I would help you with everything if you would like to come.