Katatonia Trivia

Deliverance6

Jun 4, 2003
Ann Arbor Michigan U.S.
Visit site
I just thought this might be a good way to liven up the forum a bit.
If you have any trivia questions post them, and if you have answers post them. If you dont know the answer but have theories PLEASE feel free to post them, but keep in mind that we are not here to spread rumors and we should not say something is true without being able to back it up. If you post questions and dont know the answer-let us know- and if you have the answer-let us know-

Question #1
Where did Jonas get the inspiration for the song "We Must Bury You"?
I have the answer.

So "Sweet
Nurse" and "We Must Bury You" especially are more fiction rather than
personal lyrics. The latter coming from an article I read about some
people committing an accidental murder and they had to get rid of the
body. I tried to see myself in their situation, with all their fear,
regret, excitement."

These are the words of Jonas from an interview shortly after LFDGD was released.
Good Good GOod GOoD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD

argh I did know this :)
Wasn't it Roberto Mammarella from Avantgarde Music who suggested the cover?
I've forgotten what it stands for though.

my dying groom said:
argh I did know this :)
Wasn't it Roberto Mammarella from Avantgarde Music who suggested the cover?
I've forgotten what it stands for though.
Yep...and I think it's god committing suicide, or something like that..
What do we win? :)

JR: Uh, it's from a film, it was Roberto from Avantgarde who came up
with the picture -- you know, he has kind of morbid tastes, and
he was like "I've got a perfect picture for you!". It's from a
movie called "Begotten", I think, and that picture is God
committing suicide, and we thought "Whoa, this is cool", and I
think it's very, very dark. It's kind of morbid!

Again Jonas speaking there.
VERY GOOD GUYS!!!!

Now, for the next question. Brave Murder Days art (front and back sleeves) were found where and by who? And the band picture was taken in a particular sort of area in a different than normal way, what was the area of that picture and how was it taken?

Now, for the next question. Brave Murder Days art (front and back sleeves) were found where and by who? And the band picture was taken in a particular sort of area in a different than normal way, what was the area of that picture and how was it taken?[/QUOTE]

I figure I should keep the question on top :Spin:

I just found something else that raised an eyebrow. Thought I would post it and see if anyone knows anything about it.

This is an interview with Forgotten Tombs singer/guitarplayer sometime this year '04.

We want things to become bigger this time. We have many projects going on, for instance we will be featured on a Katatonia tribute-album with a “Nowhere” cover-version,

I read in an interview four years ago that Jonas said the only fictional song on LFDGD was Sweet Nurse, meaning that the song We Must Bury You is a true story! I wonder who they killed? That's awesome that they got away with it and then even wrote a song about it. That takes balls. I wonder where they buried him?

Katatonia trivia - I don't know the answer to the last question. But here's some trivia - what was the Katatonia's set-list at Milwaukee Metal Fest 2000?

-Vince

EvilVince said:
I read in an interview four years ago that Jonas said the only fictional song on LFDGD was Sweet Nurse, meaning that the song We Must Bury You is a true story! I wonder who they killed? That's awesome that they got away with it and then even wrote a song about it. That takes balls. I wonder where they buried him?

Katatonia trivia - I don't know the answer to the last question. But here's some trivia - what was the Katatonia's set-list at Milwaukee Metal Fest 2000?

-Vince

Shit Vince Ive been looking but the set list eludes me and I dont have the time to get out my video of that show and look through it all. Good question though.

AND NOW FOR THE BEST TRIVIA QUESTION EVER!!!!!!

What is Guillaume Le Huche (A.K.A. Israphel Wing--ex Bassplayer)
doing these days?

Oh my god this is good! So fucking good I just want to crap myself!!!!!!

Deliverance6 said:
doing these days?

Oh my god this is good! So fucking good I just want to crap myself!!!!!!

Hm I saw somewhere he was a cop(??)
Dunno if it's true though. You know?

doing these days?

Oh my god this is good! So fucking good I just want to crap myself!!!!!![/QUOTE]I heard he´s a wanna-be samurai!:tickled:

Do you have any contact with Guillaume Le Huche ? (“Israphel", bass player on “Dance of December Souls“, the “For Funerals...“ EP and the Unisound-session with “Scarlet Heavens“ & the WAR compilation tracks (“Love of the Swan“ & “Black Erotica“ (the latter later known as “12“ from “Brave Murder Day“)

J: - He's a samurai now.

A: - Yeah, he's a samurai. He's a pretty funny guy...

He's French, or what, hence the name?

J: - He's French, right. When we were doing “Brave Murder Day“ he had quitted upon music. He was more into magic and that sort of stuff.

A: - Magic was more important than music...

J: - But now he's become a samurai...he's rare.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats Jonas and Anders answering. I thought that was so funny when I read it. Good work all ;) ....... If noone knows the BMD artwork questuin by tonight I will post the answer.

Deliverance6 said:
I just found something else that raised an eyebrow. Thought I would post it and see if anyone knows anything about it.

This is an interview with Forgotten Tombs singer/guitarplayer sometime this year '04.

We want things to become bigger this time. We have many projects going on, for instance we will be featured on a Katatonia tribute-album with a “Nowhere” cover-version,

It's a tribute album which is being released by the Northern Silence Productions, the owner of which is a huge DoDS-era Katatonia fan, he even sometimes posts on this forum. It is (or was, I don't know about now) due to be out sometime in the winter.

I thought samurai didn't exist anymore....can it be considered a profession or is it just a hobby?

That's really funny and weird, where did you find the interview?
if I had to choose between being a Samurai or playing in Katatonia (hard choise he he) I'd definetely go for Katatonia:)

gone said:
It's a tribute album which is being released by the Northern Silence Productions, the owner of which is a huge DoDS-era Katatonia fan, he even sometimes posts on this forum. It is (or was, I don't know about now) due to be out sometime in the winter.

Good ol' Norghash!!! Thanx for the info!!!!