Katatonia Trivia

ether said:
I thought samurai didn't exist anymore....can it be considered a profession or is it just a hobby?

That's really funny and weird, where did you find the interview?
if I had to choose between being a Samurai or playing in Katatonia (hard choise he he) I'd definetely go for Katatonia:)

I found the interview here----
http://www.imhotepzine.com/world_domination/interviews/katatonia.html
but the page wouldnt display a couple minutes ago so hopefully it will for you all.

Para-Void said:
One that I know...
Which book is the cover for Discouraged Ones taken from?

It seems like you put down a lot of time and effort on your covers. The graphic art is always very appealing and fits perfectly to the music. The cover to ”Discouraged ones” is extremely tasteful with well-balanced colours and so on. Who’s responsible for it? Is it ”only” a good-looking cover or is there a deeper meaning to be found behind it?
- Of course there is a deeper meaning behind it. The cover shows an angel on the way through a gigantic wall of fire. We see this as purely a symbolization of the album concept. Judging from the album title one understands that the concept is discouragement. We ran through town visiting several photo-agencies in search for a good photo. Finally we found this photo and saw the symbolization immideatly. I don’t know who made it but I’ve seen the same picture ,but in different colour, on a classical album, weird! Anyway, the fact that cover-art and pictures in one way or another are linked to the message we’re trying to get across with our lyrics is necessary if you wish to create a convincing overall impression. I want the cover to be a visual recreation of the music that you’ll find on our albums. We will always strive for high class on all the visual aspects.

The words of Anders is all I have found!!!!
EXCELLENT QUESTION---Thanx for makin me hunt :)

On a different subject, the artwork has been consistently
remarkable on every Katatonia full-length since _Brave Murder Day_,
and Jonas comments on that particular record first. "We found the
front and back cover pictures in an archive here in Stockholm", he
recalls. "They have tons of good -- and bad -- pictures, and we
instantly fell for those two as both of them represented what we were
doing at the time. The band picture is also cool, we had the
photographer shoot our reflections in a pool of oil in an industrial
area -- I think that gives the picture a darker shade than if it was
just an ordinary photo."

Para-Void said:
One that I know...
Which book is the cover for Discouraged Ones taken from?

From what I have found I am not sure that Anders and Jonas knew what it came from...........

JR: Um.I don't know, haha. On Discouraged Ones, that's a picture that we found in a sort of library for pictures. We were looking for album covers and we found this picture which was very very nice looking, with the angel walking toward the wall of fire or whatever it is.

Jonas's words........

Deliverance6 said:
From what I have found I am not sure that Anders and Jonas knew what it came from...........

JR: Um.I don't know, haha. On Discouraged Ones, that's a picture that we found in a sort of library for pictures. We were looking for album covers and we found this picture which was very very nice looking, with the angel walking toward the wall of fire or whatever it is.

Jonas's words........
That's right.
I found it by mistake. It's the cover for the book Armageddon Summer, nice story also.

Here it is:

n17706.jpg

Deliverance6 said:
Why was the song "OMERTA" ended so abruptly?
I have the answer............
Otherwise it would've been too beautiful, and nothing in life is just beautiful, there's always a catch in it somewhere. :kickass:

I have a question:
Which is the only Katatonia song whose lyrics weren't written neither by Jonas nor by Anders?

ether said:
I have a question:
Which is the only Katatonia song whose lyrics weren't written neither by Jonas nor by Anders?
Shades of Emerald Fields, those lyrics were written by Le Huche.

It's my turn now, an easy one:
How many versions of Tonight's Decision can you think of (kudos to Peaceville...) and which song turned out to be the third leftover of that writing session besides "No Devotion" and "Fractured"?

my dying groom said:
It's my turn now, an easy one:
How many versions of Tonight's Decision can you think of (kudos to Peaceville...) and which song turned out to be the third leftover of that writing session besides "No Devotion" and "Fractured"?
hey guys you are all very prepared :)
ok let's try to answer to this...so far I can think about the version without bonus tracks, the one with the two bonus songs, the digipack version and other digi versions that have a different layout and some artwork is also missing...I can't be more precise though....

I think the third leftover is "Help me disappear"....

Ah thank you Deliverance6 for that link, the interview was really nice and interesting to read!

So let's go on with another relative easy question:
From where does the title "Last fair deal gone down" come from?

ether said:
ok let's try to answer to this...so far I can think about the version without bonus tracks, the one with the two bonus songs, the digipack version and other digi versions that have a different layout and some artwork is also missing...I can't be more precise though....

I think the third leftover is "Help me disappear"....
winner.gif
ether!

Para-Void said:
Here it is:

n17706.jpg

Holy hell, I read that book when I was like, 12 or so. From what I remember, it's from the perspective of 2 kids with different lives who have parents who are complete religious nutjobs and believe that Armageddon will come, so them and other believers building a community on top of a mountain, thinking everyone else will burn and die and they'll be lucky and live...I suppose if you want to read it, I won't say the ending. But it's more of a children's novel really...

Deliverance6 said:
Why was the song "OMERTA" ended so abruptly?
I have the answer............

I'm probably talking out of my arse, but the lyrics are supposed to be the last words of a guy who broke 'Omerta', the traditional oath of silence sworn by members of the mafia. The song ends abruptly because the guy gets iced by a hitman.

ott0 said:
From the Robert Johnson song perhaps? Or am I wrong? :erk:
nailed!
I don't have any official interviews to justify the answer but I think I read it somewhere and it was also said on this forum...

mh now I'm curious to read this book "armageddon summer" if I find it...

gone said:
I'm probably talking out of my arse, but the lyrics are supposed to be the last words of a guy who broke 'Omerta', the traditional oath of silence sworn by members of the mafia. The song ends abruptly because the guy gets iced by a hitman.

UM: Ah, now just one question about the song Omerta, which I'm sure many people have wondered about. Why did you decide to end the song so abruptly?

JR: It's related to the lyrics, because it's supposed to be the last thoughts or words from the person in the lyrics before he dies. So a lot of people have been approaching me, saying you know, you should've gone back to the chorus or make a long fade-out, but I'm like, it's impossible, because the lyrics end here; there's nothing more to tell. And then the song has to end, because lyrics are such a big thing to me, so I have to follow my heart and I wanted the song to end because the lyrics end with death and then I think the song should end very abruptly.

Rock