Katatonia vs. Anathema

Pick One:

• Total voters
To BrownEyeoftheStorm: I respect your right to your opinion, but you need to wipe your ass after that last bout of bullshit.

Judgement is excellent, the track One Last Goodbye one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

This thread is a difficult choice. On one hand I love Katatonia's guitar tones, on the other I like Vincent's voice better than Jonas'... and Anathema's "Pentecost III" is one of the most landmark doom albums ever. I pull out all of my Anathema's cds much more than all of my Katatonia cds, so Anathema it is.

Yea sorry, shit came brown because i was talking about "Judgement". In "One Last Goodbye" Vincent sings like his parents did not buy him the "wanted for all eternity" lolipop (or icecream). The whole album is the definition of non-inspiration... musical "ideas" that were used 43534534 times in the past, the lyrics are ridiculus, and all the REALLY BEAUTIFUL music of "Eternity" (for example), was just a dream for the fans who have ears, and a nightmare for the girls screaming with wet pants on their hands "VINCENT LICK MY PIERCED TIT"

the reason why One Last Goodbye sounds like he was talking to his parents is because he was singing about his mom that fucking DIED. show some goddamn respect. the whole cd is dedicated to her

IOfTheStorm said:
yea, i know about that stuff, but my comment about the song wasnt about that .. to me it sounds like a "mourning for the lost lolipop i had on my first day in circus"
Jeez, you are a dipshit...

"I know about that stuff..."

So, in regards to this debate, how is ripping off Cure riffs and emoting Robert Smith and Jeff Buckley make Katatonia more inspirational and original?

Papa Josh said:
Jeez, you are a dipshit...

"I know about that stuff..."

So, in regards to this debate, how is ripping off Cure riffs and emoting Robert Smith and Jeff Buckley make Katatonia more inspirational and original?
Ok so "I know about that stuff" (that meant that i know to who the cavanagh brothers dedicated the album, and to who they are talking in one last goodbye) makes me a dipshit .
Learn not to make personal attacks to the person who talks shit about the ALBUMS and not the PEOPLE who like the ALBUM, alright? well done

Both bands are brilliant yet deeply flawed. I think both have extremely uneven discographies and I hate the most recent offerings by both. I'll give Anathema the nod. "Judgement" is simply an incredible work.

"Judgement" rules (and sadly, it was the last Anathema album to rule.) Of the pre-"A Fine Day to Exit" albums, "Eternity" is my least favourite by far.

Honestly I've never paid attention to Anathema's first period as I only have a moderate interest in doom as opposed to Funeral Doom . Also , I don't like The Silent Enigma very much :bah: