Kayo Dot - Choirs Of The Eye (maudlin...)

Okay.......I've listened to this a handful of times now. Ummmmmm......

Don't really know what to say. Definately can't say I like it. I really like Bath/LYBM, and I knew going in that this would be different, and take many listens to absorb, but...... I'm not sure I'm ever going to like this.

Could be wrong. Will give it many more spins. That's all.

jageorge72 said:
Okay.......I've listened to this a handful of times now. Ummmmmm......

Don't really know what to say. Definately can't say I like it. I really like Bath/LYBM, and I knew going in that this would be different, and take many listens to absorb, but...... I'm not sure I'm ever going to like this.

Could be wrong. Will give it many more spins. That's all.

I just got this last week... and... yeah...

Confused.

But of course, if I wasn't, if the album was obvious, I would have been disappointed.

Not too sure about Kayo Dot. I never understood the fuss about MotW, but I might give the new one a chance.

I got the Runemagick new one though after the discussions on this board. They're one of those bands that i'd heard of but never got around to listening to before. I like the album a lot, though it could be awesome. My main problem is that they don't hang on to a groove long enough for it to be really effective. There's a few killer riffs on there that just don't last long enough before they skip to the next.

Aside from that, i think DD&D will be making my top 10 this year. Good call!

Lee_B

Okay. I'm not aware of the full history, but isn't it pretty much the same members in both bands? If it's a name change because of a radical change of style, then I'm all for it. I hate it when bands change completely overnight and try and pretend it's the same band (Ephel Duath excepted, of course :)).

I just ordered the Kayo CD. Very little has blown me away this year so I'm looking for stuff to fill the vacant slots in my year-end top ten list :)

Lee

It's about half of motW that founded Kayo Dot, a la the Mars Volta as another example.

Man, i was all up in arms and then you went and ordered it.

Well, thanks!
:)

I had (crazy?) thoughts that Kayo Dot might knock off Ephel Duath as my #1 of this year. Not happening. I will give this thing one more week to sink in, before I come to any final conclusions.