kayo dot interview in lamentations of the flame princess

i assume that the tree of life is involved? first the copy of the secret song that sam hooked me up with (to replace my lost one) wont play. second i dont know where it is so i dont know what the lyrics are.
word man, word.
ps. i think the issue of alarm with us in it is out or will be very soon

I have decoded the secret to be:

See creation breathe you in
Speak voiceless sleep I
The men clear time
The great the the life

yep...

you'd think they at least tried to make their secret make sense eh?

:/

ok, so maybe i have no idea what i'm doing :/ I tried anyway... i need more hints!

Does a guy have to be Kaballah scholar or be able to read Hebrew to solve?

From interviews, I get the sense it has something to do with those illustrations... the pictures of windows and all that. :rolleyes:

eh, probably not a scholar... consider that we were like 20-21 years old when we were doing that album, so none of us could really have been very advanced in Kabbalah, you know? It does have to do with the illustrations to a degree. I'm not going to say anymore about it. I think it's awesome how close YaYo got, which means that the method seems to have been interpreted in the intended way, which is fucking cool.

Okay so basically the secret message is as profound as any of Byron's lyrics of tha time. Which isn't bad, since Byron's one of the best lyricists I've ever red, but I guess the whole process is sort of making you feel as if you're looking for the secret of life, the universe, and everything.

FuSoYa said:
I think it's awesome how close YaYo got, which means that the method seems to have been interpreted in the intended way, which is fucking cool.
It's weird that i'm actually close.. i'll keep looking at it when i have time :) Maybe i took a wrong step somewhere.. or maybe there's still more steps to be taken.. hmm

Do i get a prize if i solve it? :p

I spent some time about a year ago trying to get through the whole riddle-solving thing, and I'd have to find the piece of paper I was writing on to be sure, but some of YaYo's answer seems loosely related to what I'd gotten. (I distinctly remember ending up with a double "the" somewhere in there.) I gave up at that point, since it didn't make a bit of sense and I had no idea of where to go from there, but maybe I'll go back and take another look at it if that approach is actually along the correct lines. I'm sure I probably still have the paper somewhere, since I never throw anything away.

The Dope said:
I gave up at that point, since it didn't make a bit of sense and I had no idea of where to go from there
Exactly my problem, i was surprised some of what i did turned out sounding half sentence like and that's why i posted it, but I really didn't expect i was on the right track. It will be interesting to see if there are any similarities between what we did.

Ok, well I couldn't find the exact piece of paper, but I did find a notecard I'd written some stuff on, brainstorm fashion, and that got me back on track with the whole thing, so I spent an hour or so this evening going back through it. It seems to me that all the basic elements for solving it are there, but it's more a problem of knowing which "numbers" are intended by the "numbers of the lines" in the Secret Song. I can think of a lot of numbers that can be derived from what information is given: the positions of Binah, Geburah, Hod, and Yesod on the Tree of Life (3,5,8,9), the total numeric value of each of those words based on the Hebrew spellings (67, 216, 15, and 80, if my math is correct), etc.

What numbers did you use to get the words you ended up with?

The Dope said:
Ok, well I couldn't find the exact piece of paper, but I did find a notecard I'd written some stuff on, brainstorm fashion, and that got me back on track with the whole thing, so I spent an hour or so this evening going back through it. It seems to me that all the basic elements for solving it are there, but it's more a problem of knowing which "numbers" are intended by the "numbers of the lines" in the Secret Song. I can think of a lot of numbers that can be derived from what information is given: the positions of Binah, Geburah, Hod, and Yesod on the Tree of Life (3,5,8,9), the total numeric value of each of those words based on the Hebrew spellings (67, 216, 15, and 80, if my math is correct), etc.

What numbers did you use to get the words you ended up with?
The hebrew spellings of Binah, Geburah, Hod, and Yesod appear in the booklet, one for each of the interludes. Along with that is another line of hebrew for each (the top line on each of those pages). They are arranged in 4 or 5 groups of either singles or pairs.. and in most cases if there's a pair then the second symbol will be the number 10, and all other symbols have a value of less than 10.. seems supiciously like they're representing numbers to me. So i got the value of all these and used them as line numbers, matching them up to the songs listed in the same order in Secret Song. Since hebrew is supposed to be read right to left i used those numbers in reverse order.

But... there's an exception to this.. Hod (8) i think it is (i dont have my papers with me at the moment.. you'll see though). The hebrew values for this one dont come out nicely.. i'm working off the top of my head but i think the lefthand pair has values of 20 (500 if last) and maybe 4.. and then the third has a value of 400 or 200 or something. That first one should be 500 since it is last (right to left), so you end up with 504, _, 400, _ or something like that. If it weren't for the 400 one i'd assume the first number was simply 24..

All seems logical to me except for those big numbers.. Only song with line numbers that big is The Ferryman, because it's taken from some old text.

So... there are many places i could be going wrong, and something isnt quite right. Maybe i'm not getting the lines from the correct songs, maybe Yesod and the gang match up to the songs somehow other than just by the order they're mentioned in Secret Song.

Or maybe i screwed up something obvious..

One last thing, i screwed up..
"The great the the life" using my method should be --> "So great the the life"