kebab

snow2fall said:
Haha, now I'm curious. What did this strange-but-nice meal consist of? Suppose it wasn't German. At least I can't remember any German restaurants in the Sony Center.
If you had your beer in the Sony Center too or in one of the other touristy spots, I wouldn't be surprised if it was damn expensive. But if you know where to go, you'll get a pint for around 2€. Next time you better ask a local. :loco:

Very true Maren, but we had not long arrived in Berlin, had just walked quite a way from our hotel in Lutzoplatz and we were starving. It was in the menu as a Bavarian meal....Pork steak in apple sauce/sausages/Ham loaf/Dumpling and loads of Sauerkraut. It was just a bit strange eating it out of a frying pan instaed of a plate. I enjoyed it though.

13.jpg

sth like that just a steak instead of a Haxen (what's it called like? a hock?)

it's yummy...

dougie said:
It was in the menu as a Bavarian meal....Pork steak in apple sauce/sausages/Ham loaf/Dumpling and loads of Sauerkraut. It was just a bit strange eating it out of a frying pan instaed of a plate. I enjoyed it though.
Yeah, now that sounds like a typical German dish. :tickled: Funny though that most things that are said to be typically German are actually Bavarian, and most Bavarians would love to see their state as an independent country. Weird people with an even weirder government. :Smug: :loco:

snow2fall said:
:yuk: I'll take the dumplings and the Sauerkraut and leave the rest to you. There's not many nice things about German food if you don't eat any meat. :ill:
cheers for the rest then! ;)

well, of course the variations are limited when you don't eat meat. But there is some alternative around innit? Tofu and that....

in milan they are like 3-5 Euro, in virginia they are about 5 dollars, but they are fake kebabs.. Damn bastards trying to rip me off, best kebab around is one near the La Pomme Eve venue in Paris, egyptian man... I have heard that kebabs in turkey are good, also in Crete they were pretty good.

Don Corleone said:
kebabs are turkish, omar (thats your name, right, mate?), it's natural that they are really good here.
what? you dont know who i am?? hehe yeah thats my name...that gives me an idea for a new thread!

dougie said:
Just come back from Berlin the other day...some great spots...very interesting, but the prices of beer/spirits are expensive. Never got to eat that Kebab..sorry..but I had a very interesting dish given to me to eat in a frying pan in the Sony Centre...strange but nice

mmmhmm oooh memories tomato basil soup in that sony center 'mit ein bügel'
great stuff

einem Bügel? einer Bügel *pfff*

snow2fall said:
Erm... "Bügel" = "hanger" What the hell did you eat there...?! :err: :tickled:

ooooh eeeeh haha
perhaps it was biegel? some kind of doughnut but quite hard and no sugar

(maren what kind of place is maria am ufer, is it high entrance/dresscode like or quite okay?)

siderea said:
ooooh eeeeh haha
perhaps it was biegel? some kind of doughnut but quite hard and no sugar
If it tasted salty, you maybe had a "Brezel" with your soup...?!
180px-Breze.jpg

Yum. :dopey:

siderea said:
(maren what kind of place is maria am ufer, is it high entrance/dresscode like or quite okay?)
Sorry, but I can't tell you as I've never been there. They play mainly house/ trance/ techno stuff which isn't really my cup of tea. :erk:

Don Corleone said:
i know who you are...but, like, was this something i should have known? lol
Yeah, they dont teach you in school who I am?? The education system in Turkey is no good I gather....hehe