Keep It True XII (2009)

KIT 13:
Hi Friends,

We are happy to announce the next band for next years KEEP IT TRUE 13 festival. ANACRUSIS will perfom in their original line up with Kenn Nardi, Kevin Heidbreder, John Emery and Mike Owen at KEEP IT TRUE 13 in April 2010. We are really glad we will have this unique and fascinating band on our festival next year.
Tomorrow , Friday 27th. 2009, we are going to announce the first headliner for KIT 13 2010, so stay tuned.
Here is the billing in alphabetical order:

KEEP IT TRUE 13

ADX (FRA)
ANACRUSIS (USA)
CRYSTAL VIPER (POL)
DEMON (UK)
(Special 30th Anniversary Show)
HADES (USA)
HEART OF CYGNUS (USA)
KALAPACS (HUN)
(Special POKOLGEP Show)
OBSESSION (USA)
SATANS HOST (USA)
(with Harry Conklin)
SAVAGE GRACE (USA)
SIREN (USA)
STRIKER (CAN)
THOR (CAN)
TYGERS OF PAN TANG (UK)
WATCHTOWER (USA)
WHIPLASH (USA)

I'm not too familiar with Anacrusis but I know people have been yearning for a reunion for years. And what about Watchtower?! I wonder if Psychotic Waltz is next...

I£ heard a few rumours that Sortilège will play a few songs in the original line up !!! That would be nice !! could be rumours though :)

I'm not familiar with Anacrusis either, but it seems alot of people are going crazy over this ...

KEEP IT TRUE 13

ADX (FRA)
ANACRUSIS (USA)
CRYSTAL VIPER (POL)
DEMON (UK)
TYGERS OF PAN TANG (UK)

Not too hot about Demon and Tygers, but for the sake of old NWOBHM will be fun to listen to. Anacrusis reunited will be a steamroller of thrash, that alone worth to go to the festival.

Not too hot about Demon and Tygers, but for the sake of old NWOBHM will be fun to listen to. Anacrusis reunited will be a steamroller of thrash, that alone worth to go to the festival.

If not this is worth coming :

As promised we can now reveal the first headliner for KEEP IT TRUE 13 in April 2010. It will be swedisch Doom legends CANDLEMASS with a very special show.
CANDLEMASS will play a very special 2 hour show at KEEP IT TRUE 13 and are going to perform their classic "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus" album in its entirety with original vocalist Johan Langquist on vocals as part of their set to celebrate their 25th anniversary of the band. The regular set will feature Rob Lowe on vocals. This is really something very special for KIT and all the fans.

Candlemass too? That's a festival must go if you can attend. Their new album is fantastic, although I'm not too interested in the debut a 2 h show worths the money.

The second headliner for KIT 13 is Fifth Angel:

Hi Friends,

as promised we are able to announce the final bands for KEEP IT TRUE 13 already before KIT 12.
The Saturday headliner will be the legendary FIFTH ANGEL. They will play in the line up Ted Pilot, Ed Archer, John Macko and Kendall Bechtel. The drummer will be announced in the near future. We are really proud that we could get one of the most wanted bands finally for KEEP IT TRUE.
Also American newcomers WHITE WIZZARD will complete the billing. They will be one of the openers. Please check them out on www.myspace.com/whitewizzard. For us they are one of the best newcomers in the last years.

Here is the complete billing in alphabetical order:

KEEP IT TRUE 13

ADX (FRA)
ANACRUSIS (USA)
CANDLEMASS (SWE)
(Special 25th Anniversary "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus Show")
CRYSTAL VIPER (POL)
DEMON (UK)
FIFTH ANGEL (USA)
HADES (USA)
HEART OF CYGNUS (USA)
KALAPACS (HUN)
(Special POKOLGEP Show)
OBSESSION (USA)
RAM (SWE)
SATANS HOST (USA)
(with Harry Conklin)
SAVAGE GRACE (USA)
SIREN (USA)
STRIKER (CAN)
THOR (CAN)
TYGERS OF PAN TANG (UK)
WATCHTOWER (USA)
WHIPLASH (USA)
WHITE WIZZARD (USA

April 23rd, 24th. 2010
Lauda-Königshofen, Tauberfrankenhalle

Tickets will be exclusively available first on KIT 12.

Metal On,

Tarek + Oli

For those who will be there next weekend. I'll be wearing a vintage SOD shirt, guess not too much will be around. Long hair, little grey beard, the SOD shirt; that's me :)
Just call me and we'll have a beer !

3121_1141262095429_1343742051_30379117_1612456_n.jpg

3121_1141267815572_1343742051_30379168_1621310_n.jpg

3121_1141269415612_1343742051_30379198_281032_n.jpg

3121_1141269695619_1343742051_30379204_8354793_n.jpg

3121_1141270455638_1343742051_30379218_3602712_n.jpg

3121_1141270255633_1343742051_30379215_2716037_n.jpg

3121_1141263215457_1343742051_30379134_5484810_n.jpg

3121_1141264535490_1343742051_30379154_6648604_n.jpg

3121_1141270335635_1343742051_30379216_7600934_n.jpg

now I need some sleep :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'm back into the real world again, so a little review of stuff I remember :)

First I wanna say I didn't see ANY bad bands this festival ! For a 2-day festival that's quit special I think. Okay, I didn't see Rigor Mortis, Living Death and Exhumer, that was dinner time and I don't like these bands that much either. They were programmed at exact the right spots around eating time...So no idea how they were, maybe Marco saw them?
Bands I liked most were Procession (doom), Exxplorer (one of my fav 80's bands), Militia (what an awesome singer) and the NWOBHM show was awesome !!

These bands stood out for me but I really really liked almost all other bands alot too. Lizzy Borden and Armored Saint killed as headliners
. Aska, Ruthless, Tyrant, Picture...all just great great bands !

I met RockerBob from Ruthless (or are you drummer with Tank now, haha !!!); was great to see and talk with you Bob, I guess you were impressed a bit with the fetival too ;-) All I need to say is that Bob is a joy to talk with, loads of fun again !!
Didn't meet Marco though...Well there's allways next year Marco (or anything in between).

Also talked with the guys of Exxplorer and Militia. All super friendly and down to earth guys (a weekend rock stars but working again on monday !)

The NWOBHM show was awesome. It was basically the Roxxcalibur NWOBHM tribute band (wich is awesome by the way) with singers of different NWOBHM bands (vocalists of Blitzkrieg, Demon, TOPT, Girlschool, Tom Angelripper with Tank, singer of Jag Panzer doing some Maiden, and a few more I can't think of now...)

As allways, the atmosphere at this festival rules. Really dedicated fans from allover the world gather here, I sometimes feel like I'm one of the lesser fanatic guys here, really... Also the weather was excellent, so you could go outside to rest a bit now and than (haha, ALL of them oldtimers have sore backs and feet here :) )and enjoy the beautiful landscape and catch some sun...

It's a damn shame it's so hard for all you overseas guys to visit this festival (as it is for me hard to visit PP)... \m/
I think the US government should send out free planes to KIT to establish better international relations, hahahahahaha....
I think this was one of the best festivals I've ever been to, my friends and I had a blast for sure !

I'll see if I can catch some more pics/vids later on....

3121_1141261295409_1343742051_30379104_4738361_n.jpg

Thanks for the report, I'm starting to regret not going...
I heard that next year's KIT sold out already, is this true? Or was this just a limited pre-sale and there will be more tickets later?

Oh, and did you happen to hear John Bush mention anything about the new Armored Saint album during the gig? They're supposedly working on it at the moment.

The NWOBHM show was awesome. It was basically the Roxcalibur NWOBHM tribute band
Awsome pics indeed Gert, glad you have a blast. And I'm eagerly awaiting Roxxcalibur album "NWOBHM For Muthas" due in June, is a project formed with people from Viron and Abandoned two of my favorite German bands nowdays.

And I even forgot to mention Abattoir, shame on me !!!
Luckely someone shot a great in public action video of
them covering "Ace of spades"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the report, I'm starting to regret not going...
I heard that next year's KIT sold out already, is this true? Or was this just a limited pre-sale and there will be more tickets later?

Oh, and did you happen to hear John Bush mention anything about the new Armored Saint album during the gig? They're supposedly working on it at the moment.

I didn't hear it was sold out yet. Haven't bought tickets myself yet. But I guess some tickets will become available. I was hesitating a bit for next year, the bands aren't exactly up my alley, but I would go only for the fun of it.
I don't think anything was mentioned abut an Armored Saint album, but I could very well have missed that....