Keep It True XII (2009)

Oh, what a shame! Second day I was sure that you (Carnut) were the guy with the Zoetrope t-shirt but I´m a little shy and recalled that you said something about a SOD vintage t-shirt and I quit of asking you. Next year will be for sure man!

I met RockerBob too. A very nice guy. Just a few words but you were very kind.

About the festival. I prefered KIT X line-up (and the KIT XIII too) but I enjoy a lot. In my opinion:

Best show: By far, ARMORED SAINT. In spite of the boring drum solo and that I missed a couple of tunes ("Long before I die" above all) impressive. Best sound, Bush rules, the band is almost perfect...

Excellent shows: RUTHLESS (great job Bob, awaiting for your album), EXXPLORER, ASKA, MILITIA (Mike Soliz :worship:), PICTURE (I didn´t expect too much and they rocked)

Very well: PROCESSION (Chilean doom at their best), ATLANTEAN KODEX, DEJA-VU,CLOVEN HOOF

Well: LIZZY BORDEN (showed them last december, same set list), ABBATOIR (excellent performance but I don´t like at all how Gaines sang "The only safe place" songs), RIGOR MORTIS

A little disappointed: ZOUILLE & HANSON (aka Sortilege), TYRANT, (errr... I don´t like that band), THE GATES OF SLUMBER.

Total disappoint: LIVING DEATH (a speed metal band playing in Candlemass tempo :zombie:), EXUMER (a hardcore band? Come on, guys)

NWOBHM TRIBUTE: I disagree with Carnut. The first part was cool. Highlight was Dave Hill from Demon. But the long change of drums, Thindersticks ridiculous show (in my opinion), Angelripper awful performance of Tank classics, final part playing "22 Acacia Avenue" (not NWOBHM) and "Runnin´free" (worst Maiden song ever IMO), Missed some Saxon, Venom or Raven tunes,...

NWOBHM TRIBUTE: I disagree with Carnut. The first part was cool. Highlight was Dave Hill from Demon. But the long change of drums, Thindersticks ridiculous show (in my opinion), Angelripper awful performance of Tank classics, final part playing "22 Acacia Avenue" (not NWOBHM) and "Runnin´free" (worst Maiden song ever IMO), Missed some Saxon, Venom or Raven tunes,...

Well I agree in your disagreement... I also think the first part was much better than the second. Demon's "Don't break the Circle" was the best indeed !!!

The SOD shirt smelled way too much from the first day to be wearable the second day :) Damn, do you have a pic up somewhere, I must know you by face. I'm rather shy too so don't hesitate to talk me next time !

and....a Ruthless vid has poppep up too !

and an Armored Saint.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great weekend of Metal!! The fans there are the best as they support all bands that play there. It was a pleasure meeting you all and I wish I had more time to spend but damn we had interviews, signing table, meeting with our label, etc... Our first trip to Europe but most definately not our last!!!

A few pics

gal1013-03645.jpg

l_7ea9d6de1aba4287a84691e3258126f7.jpg

gal1013-03649.jpg

gal1013-03655.jpg

Nice pics Bob !
Here's a vid of Picture...
Only seen a part from it, was socializing with Witchesbrew (remember her??) and friends.

Only seen a part from it, was socializing with Witchesbrew (remember her??) and friends.

Cheryl and Hart (her husband)? :kickass: I have been a regular of her forum (www.witches-brew.org) since its old inception (The Metal Gospel) even before I joint UMOS. I know she tries to attend KIT regularly.

Cheryl and Hart (her husband)? :kickass: I have been a regular of her forum (www.witches-brew.org) since its old inception (The Metal Gospel) even before I joint UMOS. I know she tries to attend KIT regularly.
Yep Cheryl and Hart, very friendly people btw !

Here's screams from da grave :D

Militia on an "aftershow" of KIT in Frankfurt, Germany.
Awesome technical thrash !!