Kemper Profiling Amp

I've had mine for a couple of months now, loving it! Awesome tool. I think it can sound very, very close to a real amp, especially in the mix. When Mr. Sneap recommends something personally I give it a very close listen! No regrets here.

It's also very easy to use and dial in which I appreciate. The onboard FX are excellent quality and I'm sure they will add more as they update it a lot.

I also tried it live into my Roadster poweramp for the first time the other night and was again impressed. Very nice feel, tone and cut in the mix.

I posted a clip with Kemper rhythms in the RMM forum if you want to checkit ;)

Jeff, I am going to have to ask you to stop posting clips. At least until I can buy one.

Couple of questions... I am not up to snuff on what all the KPA can do beyond the basics. I know you can profile an amp, or just the preamp, or a poweramp and cab (and mic+pre, etc.), and the amp and cabinet (+mic, etc). I'm wondering what options you have with profiles that have the amp+cab together, are you able to change the cabinet at all or anything? Just trying to understand how flexible the profiles are, sorry it that is a silly question, I am guessing you cannot but would like to know. The next question I have is say you have a profile of an amp, or just the preamp, can you select cabinet profiles within the KPA? Obviously you could run it into a poweramp+cab or impulses, just wondering what the options are beyond that.

Each profile consists of an amp + cabinet section; you can mix/match as you see fit between all rigs. You generally don't profile just a head (like profiling the preamp section only to run through cabinets later) but I've seen some guys do it with decent results.

When it's run live it has a specific output that removes the cab simulation so you can run a poweramp + cab for monitoring and run the full cab-sim signal to the FoH at the same time. It's basically an AxeFX with better amp sims, a way better GUI, and less tweaking required.

Jeff, I am going to have to ask you to stop posting clips. At least until I can buy one.

Couple of questions... I am not up to snuff on what all the KPA can do beyond the basics. I know you can profile an amp, or just the preamp, or a poweramp and cab (and mic+pre, etc.), and the amp and cabinet (+mic, etc). I'm wondering what options you have with profiles that have the amp+cab together, are you able to change the cabinet at all or anything? Just trying to understand how flexible the profiles are, sorry it that is a silly question, I am guessing you cannot but would like to know. The next question I have is say you have a profile of an amp, or just the preamp, can you select cabinet profiles within the KPA? Obviously you could run it into a poweramp+cab or impulses, just wondering what the options are beyond that.

YOu can bypass the cab section, change it to other cab (from other rigs).
you can also profile just the preamp too.
Both ways you are able to use the unit with a poweramp and cab to mic it again (If all you want is to fave almost every preamp on the world).
But the best thing with this unit is the ability to decrease oyur reamp time. You can simply reamp your own profiled amp the same time you reamp the real amp. That way you'll reduce your reamp time by 2.
Also, you don't need a reamp box with this unit, since it has SPDIF.

Cheers!

Wow today i bought from the ampfactory the new 6505 profile from the amp pack 3...

This one is realy realy realy close......

Fuck. I just gave myself EMG gas with my own DIs:

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/jtdunne/sets/kemperroseofsharyntest[/soundcloud]
(gtr only clip also in link)

This must be, by far, the best tone I've heard from the kemper yet (although I think it sounds kinda muffled which I assume can be fixed with some EQ).

Btw, you mention in the link that one of the profiles has a TS already in the chain, was that from Ampfactory too?

Same, just did this with it. JB + OD808 + 6505 profile tweaked to taste, zero EQ in the DAW:

Fuck. I just gave myself EMG gas with my own DIs:

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/jtdunne/sets/kemperroseofsharyntest[/soundcloud]
(gtr only clip also in link)

sdg07q.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This must be, by far, the best tone I've heard from the kemper yet (although I think it sounds kinda muffled which I assume can be fixed with some EQ).

Btw, you mention in the link that one of the profiles has a TS already in the chain, was that from Ampfactory too?

Cheers! Literally nothing on the guitar bus, and just Voxengo Elephant on the 2bus to prevent clipping. I generally go for darker tones from the get go so that's probably where it being muffled is from.

Correct, the Amp Factory profiles include versions with a Keeley modded TS already in front of the amp. I'll be trying out the SLO100 from pack 3 next.

Running the OD808 in the the Kemper's loop via the stomp section, reamping via Redeye. Need to find a spdif cable to try out the digital reamping as I'm quite intrigued by it.

Just get old dvd player cables.
SPDIF is great, but only if you set your interface clock to work via SPDIF, otherwise the Kemper will produce aliasing.

Its so funny to run the Kemper like a plugin in the daw...

I'll put my 808 on the loop and try it out.

I have 8 Rose of Sharyn Kemper test, 2 Arch Enemy's DI and a Feared song I'll post soon, reampd with kemper.
Cheers!