Kemper Profiling Amp

Lasse, here's an idea for the amp pack:

Could you do some cabs that are completely linear (ie there's no power amp coloration) by profiling the cabs with a transparent ss power amp?

I just got my Kemper this morning. So far everything seems to be linked up ok....the only concerns I have is I get a clicking noise every so often when im playing. Also is everybody just putting the 2 outputs of the Kmpr into 2 preamps?

the only concerns I have is I get a clicking noise every so often when im playing. Dont know why you have that problem. Too low latency on the soundcard? The same problem if you just play through the kemper with headphones?
Also is everybody just putting the 2 outputs of the Kmpr into 2 preamps?
I only use one output since I only have one to use on my soundcard.

I'm having issues with connecting the kemper. How's everybody else doing it?

At my house I just quickly ran a 1/4" stereo cable from the headphone out to my m-patch volume knob to JBL monitors. Thought everything sounded amzing.

So I take it to the studio. Ideally, I'd rather record direct out of the kemper in MONO (cuz who the hell records a single guitar part in stereo most of the time?) So I plug a 1/4" cable from Monitor out (mono) into my patch bay which goes straight into an Apogee Rosetta. No mic preamp. Level is at about -12dB but is horribly distorted. The output is obviously clipping from the KPA, but the input to the converters is fine. So I turn down the master volume on the KPA. The signal clears up and sounds awesome again, but is at a very low level into the converter, about -25 or -30. So I think, lets run through a preamp then. Go form the KPA monitor out to my Neve portico 511. Barely required any gain to get to a decent level, but it seemed like it changed the tone A LOT. For the worse.

I only had like 5 minutes to mess with it before my clients got there for a vocal session, but what is the typical setup? Out of the Main outputs in stereo or mono, and straight into the interface line level, or with a mic preamp? I wouldn't have thought the mic pre would change the sound that much. Maybe I have something else going on or missed something, but it would be best to just plug one cable straight from the KPA to my Rosetta and record at a decent level.

So what are you guys doing? Also, the Rosetta doesn't have S/pdif so that's not an option.

I use SPDIF or the TRS main outs on the back to a line-in.

Are you running those main outs with trs in stereo, or did you set the main outs to mono in the output section? Your level isn't too low is it? Seemed like when I tried that the level was low, and if I turned up the master volume on the KPA it would clip badly. Not the interface, but the output of the KPA itself.....

Are you running those main outs with trs in stereo, or did you set the main outs to mono in the output section? Your level isn't too low is it? Seemed like when I tried that the level was low, and if I turned up the master volume on the KPA it would clip badly. Not the interface, but the output of the KPA itself.....

It's just balanced stereo out on the back, each TRS carrying a mono signal. Make sure your output settings aren't wonky, I have no issues with mine. Also make sure you're adjusting the master output and not the channel volume - channel volume is the only one that clips the output light to red for me.