killswitch engage

shark22

RuffRyda
Oct 18, 2004
These guys kick major ass. I was just wondering if any of you have heard of them and what you all think. Seriously some all out release some aggression music!

Alive or just Breathing is my favourite, Jesse Leach was an awesome vocalist!

These guys are way more testosterone driven than Opeth ever was, no offesnse to Opeth.

Not a big fan of The End of Heartache. Didn't really have any songs as good as My Last Serenade, The Element of One, or Self Revolution. Unearth's 'The Oncoming Storm' is my fave metalcore/thrash-y album released sinced Alive or Just Breathing.

Alive or Just Breathing is an awesome album. It's no wonder that Jesse Leach had throat problems after listening to his performance on that album. The End of Heartache was decent, but nothing compared to the AOJB. "Rise Inside" would probably be my favorite track off that album.

Their new singer is terrible.. Their last album sucked majorly .. Aliev Or Just Breathing is a class album.. When i first heard KsE from their very first album thingy, they really got me into heavier music. Nowhere near as good as Opeth but they were part of the foundations for getting me really into metal.

Autumnal said:
Not a big fan of The End of Heartache. Didn't really have any songs as good as My Last Serenade, The Element of One, or Self Revolution. Unearth's 'The Oncoming Storm' is my fave metalcore/thrash-y album released sinced Alive or Just Breathing.

Well said

I dont mind them at all, they get a lot of stick, but some of the guitar work is quite interesting.

there is so many other bands i would rather listen to though, NEVERMORE being one.

They're okay. I actully like Howard better than Jesse. Jesse sounded like retard when you used to scream sometimes. I think the only flaw people see in Howard is his clean vocals.. It kind of reminds me of that black guy that was on American Idol.

The End Of Heartache Didn't Blow THAT much. I liked Alive or Just Breathing, even if Jesse wasn't my favorite KsE Vocalist. The music itself was much more energetic, original... While their new music lost some of that..