King Diamond

King diamond, (be in his solo matl. or in mercyful fate) is G O D !!! He makes the best music and lyrics. #1 superstar! He's my hero. Better than all!

sixxswine said:
I have never heard Spider's Lullabye, How's that ona scale from one to ten?
I have to add that one to my endless list of stuff to check out. By far his worst disc has been "Voodoo."

I personally would rate The Spider's Lullabye an 8 out of 10. There are some wicked catchy songs on that one and I love the title track.

Psychonaut said:
I personally would rate The Spider's Lullabye an 8 out of 10. There are some wicked catchy songs on that one and I love the title track.

That's gotta get on my list then.
What did you think of House of God?!
I happen to really like that one.
I think by far, his worst effort(that I have heard)
has been Voodoo.

sixxswine , check MF's The Beginning and Time . It's classic Mercyful Fate with a more proggy twist

Voodoo is also my least favorite. I did like House Of God a lot and I should break it and Abigail II out again. I've been hanging with Fatal Portrait, Them, Conspiracy, and The Spider's Lullabye for the last couple of weeks...

Eternal_Decadent said:
sixxswine , check MF's The Beginning and Time . It's classic Mercyful Fate with a more proggy twist
oops , it's Into the Unknown instead of the beginning

I don't consider Mercyful Fate black metal . Yeah , it's huge influence but i think that the movement of black metal began with Darkthrone

Any King Diamond fans out there?!
I am not a huge fan. I picked up a couple the other day.
Saw him on the "Them" tour it was an experience.
I picked up the Abigail disc with the extra tracks.
This could be his best solo disc. I'm not familiar with his "newer" stuff.
His concept stuff is cool but you can only take so much, you know?!
The other disc was the "Voodoo" disc. Not as good.
:devil:
Huge King Diamond Fan! Conspiracy is my favorite. There are a few new bands out there as well that have an interesting take on what he was doing like Witherfall.

I would say start with Fatal Portrait and listen all the way through to the newer stuff. It eases you into the change in production. Though some albums are better than others.

Reactions: CiG

Yes! love this album with wicked songs like The Poltergeist, Room 17 and they saved the best for last, which is To The Morgue, I love the raw Black Sabbath like feel and heaviness to that song.

I personally fucking love King and Mercyful Fate. One of the first bands I really got in to and still my favorite to this day. I don't think he has a single album that I don't like at all. Favorite albums are probably Abigail, The Eye, and Fatal Portrait. The Spiders Lullabye and House of God are both pretty good, although I would have to say I enjoy Lullabye more out of those two. From the Other Side and Killer are both really catchy and entertaining songs. House of God's Intro track is pretty creepy, and Follow the Wolf always gets me pumped.
I saw King live twice. Once in a small theater in Seattle, which was awesome because it was the first time I saw him, but the set was wierd and something felt off. Then I saw him again with Slayer at the 2015 Mayhem Festival, and that was fucking amazing. It was much better because it was a huge outdoor venue, lots of people, and the set was better and everything seemed perfect!
To see him and Slayer at the same show was pretty amazing for me considering how young I am,being born in 1992 and all.

Love KD, never got into MF, have Melissa and find it boring (compared to KD).
Abigail, Them and Conspiracy are classics, also like Voodoo

Reactions: schenkadere
Huge King Diamond Fan! Conspiracy is my favorite. There are a few new bands out there as well that have an interesting take on what he was doing like Witherfall.

I would say start with Fatal Portrait and listen all the way through to the newer stuff. It eases you into the change in production. Though some albums are better than others.

That’s a great song!

I’m a long time KD fan. I actually prefer his solo stuff to MF. And I guess I’m the only one who loves Give Me Your Soul. I think the guitar work is stellar and it has some great hooks. Abigail would be my favorite, but considering some of these posts I’m going to revisit Fatal Portrait!

Reactions: Molasar
I like Mercyful Fate the most, but King Diamond has some very great classic albums.