Kirby the Wonderdog/Maxx the Supercat PET THREAD

mishachair.jpg

Whoah! Your cat is the doppleganger of my cat! I will post a pic when I find one. The only difference is mine is a boy, and has a small patch on his chin (like his daddy) :lol:

DAMMIT!!! For some reason I rarely get email notifications of replies any more!

I had missed the last 1/2 dozen or so posts to this thread.

I'll catch up now.

Slappy: I didn't know chinchillas had a life-span like that! That's wonderful. They're such cool little critters. Do you have to keep D.E. around for him to groom himself? I love watching them spin around in that stuff.

Cecilia, you take the best puppy pics! All your kids are gorgeous.

Cindy, Misha is beautiful. Love that pose. She looks just like my niece's cat "Cookie". He lives in Oklahoma now...I miss him.

Jax and Shark-Man: I love Samson and the kitties! It was great to meet them last year and they're awesome. Samson's a wonderful host!

Jill, I miss Jamie too. She was such a unique dog. Most dogs love you immediately, just because you're a human. Jamie needed to know that you were a good person before she'd let you get to know her. It took a couple of tries, but I got to be her buddy. I love Jamie. She's a good kid.

SRS

Slappy: I didn't know chinchillas had a life-span like that! That's wonderful. They're such cool little critters. Do you have to keep D.E. around for him to groom himself? I love watching them spin around in that stuff.

SRS

Sorrell, the oldest living Chinchilla that I have heard of is 27! There are 2 that age actually. One in England and one on a chinchilla farm in the midwest somewhere. I had no idea that they lived that long either. I have had several friends that had them as pets as well. None last more than 6 years. People kept telling me "You must have the oldest chinchilla in history" So I had to look it up. In the books on Chinchillas I've read that it is very rare that they live past 13 to 15 years. They are pretty fragile animals in some ways. I don't know if you can see in the picture. Their legs are very thin and they break easily. Luckily Buddy has never had that problem (knock on wood). One of the other major problems they have is with their teeth. They are constantly growing so you have to make sure they are chewing enough to keep them filed down. Buddy lost his front teeth a few years back. But he still has his molars so he can still eat. :)

I do keep dust bath around for him. He is in it every day.Watching them flip around in there is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. After 20 years I still get a chuckle out of it.

There you go. All you wanted to know about chinchilla's but were afraid to ask. :headbang:

I had a chinchilla many years ago , poor thing knocked my albums over and crushed itself. It was the most fun to play with , it would play catch me if you can till we were both exhausted.I miss the little bugger.

Kirby's been a baaaad boy in June. Wonderdog....um, not. Pooping dog....um, yeah.

Here's a pic of Phantom as a puppy, Kirby as a good dog, and Miranda as a....well, little girl.... :-( Man I miss those days (One year ago)

lickingmiranda.jpg

I had a chinchilla many years ago , poor thing knocked my albums over and crushed itself. It was the most fun to play with , it would play catch me if you can till we were both exhausted.I miss the little bugger.

Sorry to hear that.