KMFDM US Tour

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
Because I -know- there is at least one other fan of them on these boards <waves to Linda>. This was the band I listened to non-stop in High School... and blasted from my parents mini-van while driving past the grunge kids who were smoking on the corner, just outside of school boundaries. Yeah... I love their old stuff. Hated when their awesome female vocalist died from an overdose... haven't listened to much of their new. But I'm pretty sure I'll be going to the show at the Masquerade.

NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

US Dates

KMFDM
with
Combichrist
&
Special Guests

September 29 - Ogden Theatre - Denver, CO
September 30 - October 1 - TBA
October 2 - First Avenue - Minneapolis, MN
October 3 - House Of Blues - Chicago, IL - ALL AGES
October 4 - The Rave - Milwaukee, WI - ALL AGES
October 5 - October 06 - TBA
October 7 - Bogart's - Cincinnati, OH - ALL AGES
October 8 - House Of Blues - Cleveland, OH - ALL AGES
October 9 - TBA
October 10 - Pacha - New York, NY
October 11 - October 12 - TBA
October 13 - Tremont Music Hall - Charlotte, NC - ALL AGES
October 14 - The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA - ALL AGES
October 15 - State Theater - St. Petersburg, FL - ALL AGES
October 16 - House Of Blues - Orlando, FL - ALL AGES
October 17 - TBA
October 18 - The Meridian - Houston, TX - ALL AGES
October 19 - October 23 - TBA
October 24 - House Of Blues - Anaheim, CA - ALL AGES
October 25 - TBA
October 26 - House Of Blues - San Diego, CA - 21+
October 27 - The Henry Fonda Theater - Los Angeles, CA
October 28 - November 3 - TBA

More dates to be announced soon...

Interesting. I listened to these guys quite a bit in high school... not because I was that big a fan myself, but because there was one guy in the group of friends I hung out with who always drove... he was a year older, and actually had his own car... so he picked the music. :)

We always talked about seeing KMDFM live, but always end up missing them. I'm sure this tour will come to town though, at least once. On a similar note, Pig played here at the old Thunderdome Tuesday night.

KMFDM was the first band I saw when I moved to Milwaukee. Sucks that they have a date there but not here in the DC area! BlackenedDawn - they had Pig opening that show. What a kickass night that was!
*crosses fingers for a show date around here*

Aeturnia said:
KMFDM was the first band I saw when I moved to Milwaukee. Sucks that they have a date there but not here in the DC area! BlackenedDawn - they had Pig opening that show. What a kickass night that was!
*crosses fingers for a show date around here*

See what happens when you leave our cheese loving state? :devil:

J-Dubya - Zappa Plays Zappa tomorrow in Chicago! WHeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm almost tempted to see this show. Had to chuckle when I saw who the opener is.....glad to see our friend Andy from Combichrist getting some tour-dates.

BTW, Tanelorn, great nickname. I always get a sense of peace when seeing it. You might want to check out http://www.multiverse.org , which was just brought back online with new Forum software, chosen in part because of its use here at Ultimate Metal, after a 4-month hiatus. :)

Yippee38 said:
Who the hell is KMFDM?

Check google or Wikipedia, instead of looking ignorant.

A German sound collective (too loosely disorganized to be called a group)

Their name is an acronym of a German mistranslation meaning No Rest For The Majority. A Longtime joke had it that it was also Kill Mother F-ing Depeche Mode.

Heavy treated Electronics and percussions along with processed vocals, self-deprecatring humour, multimedia presentations, etc.

Best known song = "Juke Joint Jezebel" (featured on the Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack), "A Drug Against War" is another. 'Son of A Gun" is a Third. "Megalomaniac" was their last big hit.

They got trapped by notoriety because they were the Columbine High School killers's favorite band (no, they didn't like Marilyn Manson), immediately disbanding, reforming as splitoff groups MDFMK (read it backwards) for one cooldown period album before going back to the original name and Slick Idiot (En Esch's group).