NIGHT WISH FIRST U.S TOUR DATES...

The notorious, self-indulgent Lady Angellyca again? :yuk:

She was the first person who got publicly rejected by Tuomas Holopainen in December 2005 already, after she had announced on her own website that she had been officially asked for the next vocalist of Nightwish. :loco:

She was the first person who got publicly rejected by Tuomas Holopainen in December 2005 already, after she had announced on her own website that she had been officially asked for the next vocalist of Nightwish. :loco:

Thank God, i was worried for a bit there, but thankfully now you cleared it up with the remark of Tumoas rejecting her. I don't like her voice anyway, and with here self-indulgent attitude she would have been booed off the stage everywhere they played.

Lady Angellyca can't even sing in her own band, never mind Nightwish. But, there are two schools of thought here:

1)Tuomas has expressed in the past on keeping the band Finnish. If this is the case, he will pick an unknown or a kid out of Sibelius.

The other school of thought is:

2)Jennifer Sowle from the USA. She is currently working on Timo Tolkki's "Saana" project. Though she has said she was turned down, the word going around is that it may be a ruse.

Peace,
Ray C.

2)Jennifer Sowle from the USA. She is currently working on Timo Tolkki's "Saana" project. Though she has said she was turned down, the word going around is that it may be a ruse.

You know, i think that is the case entirely, I believe, though i don't know for sure, that Jenn is the new NW singer. If you haven't heard her then you are in for a treat, she is awesome and has the entire package that they were looking for.

Well, cool. I don't know where they got their info, but it is not yet on the NW site. After losing $$$ on pre-purchsed tix for NW, I'll wait until there is stronger confirmation before getting too excited. Though, the time frame fits what they claim they'll be doing in the US so chances are good. Worcester MA, 10/20? So maybe NYC 10/22? Would be a nice b'day gift.

Remaining hopefull yet cautious.

heh

Thank God! I was worried when Pyramaze51 (John) posted that!
Lady Angellyca can't even sing in her own band, never mind Nightwish. But, there are two schools of thought here:
Agreed 100%!!!
But, there are two schools of thought here:

1)Tuomas has expressed in the past on keeping the band Finnish. If this is the case, he will pick an unknown or a kid out of Sibelius.

The other school of thought is:

Peace,
Ray C.
Both of those thoughts make sense too. Well, we have at least 2 1/2 months left (the new singer will be announced in May right?), to find out. Whomever they pick, if she is a great, soulful, versatile (between classical/operatic and loose rock/metal vocals) singer w/ a nice range and front woman that connects with/works the crowd, It'll be better than ever! Aww hell! I just described Floor Jansen and she's busy w/ AF! :p

Just a wild question: Who do you think will be the "Major Announcement" for Mon Oct 15 2007 "To be announced Monday - February 19th" at Jaxx website where it also says: "This show is expected to sell out."

Dare I say who first came to my mind who'd fit the bill, especially after peeking the first post in this thread? :zombie:

Hey guys... Epica's making a stop in Detroit at the I-Rock... and we're gonna bust our balls to earn an opening spot to support them. Cuz I'm sick of seeing nu-metal bands that don't fit the genre trying to open for bands that deserve better!

So if anyone from Michigan/Ohio wants to help us out, just ask...

Just a wild question: Who do you think will be the "Major Announcement" for Mon Oct 15 2007 "To be announced Monday - February 19th" at Jaxx website where it also says: "This show is expected to sell out."

Dare I say who first came to my mind who'd fit the bill, especially after peeking the first post in this thread? :zombie:

You mean the Hicks-Harveston Project, Featuring "Idol's" Taylor Hicks and our own Glenn Harveston, is actually touring?!? WOW! Where do I get tickets?:headbang: :kickass: :kickass:

OK, what I was referring to on Jaxx's website a few days ago seems now have been made public:

Source: BW&BK
BW&BK spoke with Tuomas Holopainen and learned that Monday, NIGHTWISH is expected to announce a 23 date North American tour for the fall, to coincide with the September release of their new album. A single will be released on May 30th, the date when the Finns will formally introduce their new singer.
Visit at www.nightwish.com tomorrow, Mon, Feb 19th 2007 for the tourdates.

I agree with Cheiron, as to whether they all ready have the singer, i would say with auditions closed, they are now narrowing the list to a short list of 10 or so, and then will bring those in for in person auditions. As to who the top candidates are hmmmmmmmmmmm i have no idea. But i will say that i hope our Colleen is in that top group as i believe she is.

Woot!!! :headbang:

Glad to see they've upgraded to the Nokia in NYC. I will definitely be there! Now just gotta decide whether I want to hit the Worcester show and perhaps Philly. (After the rudness of the staff at the Blind Guardian show, I've decided I hate the Troc.)