NIGHT WISH FIRST U.S TOUR DATES...

Can see how it didn't fit within their plans... to do PP... sorta.

The ProgPower date was offered to them prior to any other dates being booked in the States. They did not want to come any earlier in October than their rigid proposed schedule determined by management, not the booking agent.

WOOOHOOOOOOO ALBQ NM that is only about 4 hours from here, do i hear ROAD TRIP. In fact i just got hotel reservations, for myself and my daughters, now just get the tickets.

I'll likely do 2 shows this tour. Maybe three if I can swing it. Going to be tough having to also pay off my credit card debt from PP. Also likely going to have to see if I will even have spare vacation time.

Nokia is huge. About 2500 seats. It is also a huge gamble for the Boys. If they do not sell out Nokia, they are going to have a problem elsewhere.

Peace,
Ray C.

PS: It is also NOT on the Nightwish site. So, is it Official, or is the Vault jumping the gun again?

Nokia is huge. About 2500 seats. It is also a huge gamble for the Boys. If they do not sell out Nokia, they are going to have a problem elsewhere.

Peace,
Ray C.

PS: It is also NOT on the Nightwish site. So, is it Official, or is the Vault jumping the gun again?
It IS much bigger than B.B. Kings, (according to the Nokia Site, 2100 capacity) but still has a really cool atmosphere. Not quite as intimate, but surely no where near to being in a place like the Radio City MH or even the Beacon Theater. For a show like this, it will be GA, with seats removed on the floor, but there are some rows of seats scaling the wall in the back.

It has a large concourse surrounding the atctual theater, with multi level bars and a couple concessions stands. Really a fun place to see a show. They have a bunch of photos in the gallery on their site.
:headbang:

Definitley a big step up for Nighwish, though I don't think they necessarily have to totally sell it out to be successful. A good 1500 + will look good for them, I think. Did Children of Bodom sell out there? I didn't think so. :err:

Glad to see they've upgraded to the Nokia in NYC. I will definitely be there! Now just gotta decide whether I want to hit the Worcester show and perhaps Philly. (After the rudness of the staff at the Blind Guardian show, I've decided I hate the Troc.)

Well I will be at Worcester for sure. Been a while since you guys have trekked up for a show.

Well I will be at Worcester for sure. Been a while since you guys have trekked up for a show.
Your right about that! And I love the Palladium and Worcester (while not exactly classy) is much easier to deal with than Philly. I think I got a decent deal on a really convenient hotel just down the hill last time.
And then there is the Irish Times.:kickass: Getting thirsty just thinking about it.

Yea, I think it's fair to say I will probably be at the show in Worcester. Looking forward to catching up with you!

This just appeared on www.nightwish.com

19.02.2007 - Eagerly awaited new Nightwish music announced!
Released on May 30, 2007, “Eva” will be an internet-only single release, all profits of which shall be donated to a charity that will be announced later. In Finland, the single is available exclusively from NetAnttila.

“Eva” features the new Nightwish vocalist, chosen from about 2,000 applicants. The singer’s identity will be revealed simultaneously in a press statement and on the band’s website, www.nightwish.com, on Wednesday, May 30, 2007. A radio promo of the internet single will ship on the same day.

The sixth Nightwish album will be released on September 26, 2007, preceded by a second, regular single release in August.

The tourdates are all over the web since last night, so even they are not confirmed on Nw.com yet, I think they are for real.

Take al ook at www.jaxxroxx.com - wonder if they couldn't find a more recent photo of the band? :lol: that is a promo from around the wishmaster - CC era. :p

It IS much bigger than B.B. Kings, (according to the Nokia Site, 2100 capacity) but still has a really cool atmosphere. Not quite as intimate, but surely no where near to being in a place like the Radio City MH or even the Beacon Theater. For a show like this, it will be GA, with seats removed on the floor, but there are some rows of seats scaling the wall in the back.

It has a large concourse surrounding the atctual theater, with multi level bars and a couple concessions stands. Really a fun place to see a show. They have a bunch of photos in the gallery on their site.
:headbang:

Definitley a big step up for Nighwish, though I don't think they necessarily have to totally sell it out to be successful. A good 1500 + will look good for them, I think. Did Children of Bodom sell out there? I didn't think so. :err:

I have never been in the Nokia, but I was in what preceeded it at that site (A nice cheap second-run theater). But, I have to disagree with you, AMBR. It seems like Warner is pulling out all the stops for Power and Prog metal. For the momentum to continue, and for Roadrunner to continue to back bands of this nature, they have no other options but to pack the house. "Eva" being released could be the bellweather for the bands fortunes in the US. The advantage for Nightwish is: Other than fans of the genre, nobody knows Tarja Turunen from a cord of wood. As far as they are concerned, Nightwish is a new act. This could either play in its favor, or completely backfire.

My one piece of advice to the new vocalist: Whatever you do, DO NOT MARRY AN ARGENTINE!!!:lol:

Peace,
Ray C.

If Bodom didn't sell out the Nokia Theater....I doubt Nightwish will....but either way, I'm glad to see them moving up to a larger venue :headbang::headbang:
I'm getting sick of BBKings...

Also, Jaxx's site also says "Nightwish finally make their long awaited US Tour a reality!"....clearly they weren't around a few years ago...:loco:

If Bodom didn't sell out the Nokia Theater....I doubt Nightwish will....but either way, I'm glad to see them moving up to a larger venue :headbang::headbang:
I'm getting sick of BBKings...
For the record. CoB did sell out the Nokia. I wasn't sure before. And yea, I'm getting pretty sick of B.B.'s too.

For the record. CoB did sell out the Nokia. I wasn't sure before. And yea, I'm getting pretty sick of B.B.'s too.

Personally, I like BB's. However, some of their waitstaff are getting stupider by the hour. Seems like they are more interested in watching the shows instead of serving the customers. However, I like my booth in the floor. Can sit on top and watch the show while others kill each other on the floor.:lol:

I'll be at the Albuquerque date. The Sunshine is small. Gonna be cramped up on that stage....

wooooohooooooo i will be there at the sunshine theater also, got my tickets ordered, and hotel booked, so we will see you there.