Korn

I think Jonathan Davis and Mikael Akerfeldt need to switch bands. That would be cool to have Mikael in In Flames for a bit, play some "dead eternity."

Silent Song said:
@AlexGuinness
i'm sorry. do i sound overbearing or self-righteous? i don't intend such. if anything i'm the type who doesn't believe i'm saved until the moment of my death, when it is up to God to decide. i think people who run around shoving "do this to get in heaven" in people's faces are dead wrong. the purpose of Christianity isn't getting in heaven. its trying to be a good person as Jesus was. thats what i believe, and i'm not going to tell anyone else what they should believe. thats not for me to decide.

My comments were not aimed at anyone on this forum. No offense was intended and I am pleased to see that it does not look like any was taken.

I am happy to discuss religion with anyone that has a mind open enough to talk about it freely, hence why I have encountered many people that I consider to be overbearing and self-righteous. It tends to be the people that cannot explain their belief to me and resort to "well, its just what I believe and I always have".

Religion is always going to be a risky topic on any form of metal forum, some see the two to be mutually exclusive... but that is just their own opinion. Look at how some bands are derided for their religious inferences. I am still surprised by the Christian aspects of some releases. It was only after I fell in love with the latest Neal Morse album that someone told me he was Christian and that the music was spiritual to him.

Finally, I would just like to extend respect to you for your convictions and clarity of point. It deserves acknowledgement to stand out and be honest about your faith in a place such as this.

AlexGuinness said:
My comments were not aimed at anyone on this forum. No offense was intended and I am pleased to see that it does not look like any was taken.

I am happy to discuss religion with anyone that has a mind open enough to talk about it freely, hence why I have encountered many people that I consider to be overbearing and self-righteous. It tends to be the people that cannot explain their belief to me and resort to "well, its just what I believe and I always have".

Religion is always going to be a risky topic on any form of metal forum, some see the two to be mutually exclusive... but that is just their own opinion. Look at how some bands are derided for their religious inferences. I am still surprised by the Christian aspects of some releases. It was only after I fell in love with the latest Neal Morse album that someone told me he was Christian and that the music was spiritual to him.

Finally, I would just like to extend respect to you for your convictions and clarity of point. It deserves acknowledgement to stand out and be honest about your faith in a place such as this.

you have the right to talk about religion all youd like....just dont talk about it on this forum. thank you.

I was explaining my original point (me not understanding why so many Americans seem religious) which seems to have prompted something of a reaction.

Thank you for clarifying what I may or may not express an opinion on.

Shame you couldn't have done so without the patronising undertones...

AlexGuinness said:
I was explaining my original point (me not understanding why so many Americans seem religious) which seems to have prompted something of a reaction.

Thank you for clarifying what I may or may not express an opinion on.

Shame you couldn't have done so without the patronising undertones...

no patronizing or any undertones. just a simple request on behalf of the sanity and coherancy of this forum.

i said the same in the "Korn" thread...which is also not a topic suitable for discussion here...i think most of the regulars and the band (considering its their money to have this here) would agree.

Probably.

I don't believe I have ever started a thread, so have only ever expressed an opinion based on those of others before me and what has been said. What was I thinking?

It must have really made you uncomfortable that your off-topic Nevermore thread became a CoB thread by the way of Ice Cream.

Hypocrisy, now there is a good band...

AlexGuinness said:
Probably.

I don't believe I have ever started a thread, so have only ever expressed an opinion based on those of others before me and what has been said. What was I thinking?

It must have really made you uncomfortable that your off-topic Nevermore thread became a CoB thread by the way of Ice Cream.

Hypocrisy, now there is a good band...

Well, yes i think it would have been nice if my nevermore thread stayed as such...but i think after 5-6 pages, everyone got their say on the clip...and seeing as Mikael himself made a comment related to COB, i think its fairly understandable that the conversation went in that direction.

But seriously...i was just being honest and straightforward, not trying to give you a hard time...so perhaps lay of the snyde condescending stuff and everything will be cool...i didnt mean to pick you out of a crowd of participants, you were just the most recent poster of the religious subject matter. So sorry if it seemed like i singled you out, when really the message was meant to be general and for everyone. I should have worded it better. :)