Lamentations DVD - The Leper Affinity

I still believe it's an overdub. on the warmup-gig in gothenbug they should have done the same thing as some of you say, but they didn't; mikael just played the melody-line once, and there was no delay. but they can of course changed this just for that particular gig.
but you may be right; maybe it's a delay. and maybe I don't know what the hell i'm talking about anymore... good night

First Of All: The Max Factor-guy really fucks me up. Such smart-asses should be banned forever!

I actually haven't seen the DVD for a while, but it's definitely a delay-effect they use. As the other guys already posted in here this is a pedal which allows to hear a repitition DELAYED to the original you just played before.
The delay-time can be adjusted at your own will, depending on the effect-model you have.

Anyone seen Amorphis playing live recently? Esa just seem to love the delay-effect and has used it on every recording of them since Tuonela.
The Opening-track for Tuonela "The Way" sound live exactly the same as it does on record. Esa even changed the delay during the show so the timing changes from song to song.

Ok some of you guys (like mister Max-Fucker) will say, that Amorphis aren't Opeth - I know of course - and that Amorphis haven't issued a live-DVD yet...but anyone who know anything about (making) music would understand me, right?

Anyone with a basic understanding of guitar playing//effects would instantly understand that this is not an overdub.

i think that there are actually 5 guitar parts. there are 3 hidden guitarists playing at the same time. they are all on stage, but you just can't see them.