Last Album You Listened to in Full?

Helloween-YMIO-01-500x500.jpg

:kickass: Not the world's biggest power metal fan, but this album rips! I can't help but sing along to Future World and Halloween!

Liking the sound of their first full-length, I'm a sucker for big hm-2 Swedeath influences. So I approve. Can't find the new one to listen to right now though, not on any of the streaming services... shame! I'll track it down ;)

Last edited:
I get the impression I'm one of few who legitimately really like that album.

Sure it's maybe not as good, and certainly not as thrash as Endgame or Dystopia (choosing to ignore Super Collider's existence here - a truly awful record) but it sure has it's moments, for me. I particularly like Black Swan, Wrecker and Deadly Nightshade - which are probably among people's most disliked tracks on there :lol:

Reactions: zerostatic
ace60b1b.jpg

I still find it really surreal that Riley's gone. He has so much presence in his performances. Weird man.

I get the impression I'm one of few who legitimately really like that album.

Sure it's maybe not as good, and certainly not as thrash as Endgame or Dystopia (choosing to ignore Super Collider's existence here - a truly awful record) but it sure has it's moments, for me. I particularly like Black Swan, Wrecker and Deadly Nightshade - which are probably among people's most disliked tracks on there :lol:

I think Thirteen has a few enjoyable tracks. But imo a farcry from being anything better than a decent album.

^That album cover is really cool. I've never heard of them. Gonna check it out!

Just listened to Empire Falls. EPIC STUFF. Must download ASAP. :kickass:

I remember the Condor album being real good, will have to revisit it sometime myself...

^That album cover is really cool. I've never heard of them. Gonna check it out!

Just listened to Empire Falls. EPIC STUFF. Must download ASAP. :kickass:

To be fair that's one of their very best songs. If you like the album check out the two it's sandwiched between, The Gathering Wilderness (which is maybe a little slower, and more sombre) and Redemption at the Puritan's Hand which feels like a natural progression from 'Nameless' - the newer albums continue in the same vein but aren't quite as strong in my opinion...

Ah Keenan, a man after my own heart :lol: I love all those albums (haven't listened to Ghost Reveries in too long though)... A Skeletal Domain is awesome too. I actually really like all the recent Cannibal albums.

R-4254175-1530607961-3856.jpeg.jpg

Used to kind of hate on Cradle of Filth back when I was younger, used to complain and say how much I wish they'd play more solos :lol: (which they actually do now) but over the past 10 years or so I've gradually began to like them more and more. I remember listening to Hammer of the Witches for weeks when it came out in 2015...

Reactions: zerostatic
Same, Podgie! I haven't really listened to much Opeth in a while. Might have to have a marathon soon.

51fqLnhlNoL.jpg

91wbc-MiSoL._SY355_.jpg

Today, though, is a Jeff Loomis marathon. Both of these are great. Went on Nevermore shuffle for the past few hours, too.