Last movie watched?

Punisher: War Zone

Good Flick! It was fun

It's so much better than the other two Punisher movies. I love when he punches through that dudes face:lol: Like you said, it's a fun movie. Nothing ground breaking or anything by any stretch, but if you like a good violent action movie, it's perfect.

It's so much better than the other two Punisher movies. I love when he punches through that dudes face:lol: Like you said, it's a fun movie. Nothing ground breaking or anything by any stretch, but if you like a good violent action movie, it's perfect.

I think at least the Punisher's rocket-propelled grenade screaming from off-camera and blowing that guy into a cloud of raindrops as he jumps from one roof to another is hilariously groundbreaking!

Every time I explained the scene to someone, I burst out laughing... while the other person usually scratches his/her head and looks at me like I'm either crazy or a sadist. Well, I'm neither. Its just totally funny!

Jurched

I just watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdoms of crystal skulls. I really like the movie, it wasn't as action packed as the old ones but it had that atmosphere that only Indiana jones flicks can create.

'Bangkok Dangerous,' starring Nicholas Cage.
i usually love his movies, but this one was so boring.
Cage is turning into a really weird looking old guy.

I see what you're saying...but I kind of liked this one even though it did drag a little. Cage is such a dynamic actor and his only problem is that he gets too into the character...method acting can be overwhelming and while he used to focus on one film at a time, he's been doing too many and I think it's having an effect.

i'm trying to get through 'Quarantine' now, and believe me when i say, this is a particularly putrid load of swill.

I watched Valkyrie & Yes Man on the plane ride home from L.A. Even though I think Tom Cruise is a fruitcake, he was good in Valkyrie. I thought the movie was very good & will probably buy it on DVD. It's too bad those German officers didn't succeed in killing Hitler, it would have saved a ton of lives and a good portion of Europe from being destroyed.

i'm trying to get through 'Quarantine' now, and believe me when i say, this is a particularly putrid load of swill.

Quarantine was okay, but it did seem like they stole a ton of stuff from Cabin Fever, Blair Witch Project & Cloverfield.

I watched Valkyrie & Yes Man on the plane ride home from L.A. Even though I think Tom Cruise is a fruitcake, he was good in Valkyrie. I thought the movie was very good & will probably buy it on DVD. It's too bad those German officers didn't succeed in killing Hitler, it would have saved a ton of lives and a good portion of Europe from being destroyed.

Speaking of the "Goebbels of Scientology," I watched RISKY BUSINESS last night! Never saw it before. Its pretty good I guess. Throughout the film, my wife kept saying "How did a guy with such a lousy profile make it in Hollywood?" I didn't understand the fuss. So his profile makes him look like an Easter Island statue? Same goes for Jennifer Anniston. That's why these people never allow anyone to photograph their profiles. Shit!

Jurched

Speaking of the "Goebbels of Scientology," I watched RISKY BUSINESS last night! Never saw it before. Its pretty good I guess. Throughout the film, my wife kept saying "How did a guy with such a lousy profile make it in Hollywood?" I didn't understand the fuss. So his profile makes him look like an Easter Island statue? Same goes for Jennifer Anniston. That's why these people never allow anyone to photograph their profiles. Shit!

Jurched

I agree, both are very talented, but both are majorly screwed up in the head.

Quarantine was okay, but it did seem like they stole a ton of stuff from Cabin Fever, Blair Witch Project & Cloverfield.

yup. there was a lot of 'borrowed' themes in that movie.
let's see... people getting 'infected' and becoming flesh-craving zombies, the format was set up almost like a documentary or just a running camera, like 'Cloverfield' [which also sucked], OH... the the night-dwelling zombie-beast towards the end [how did he figure in with the rest of the storyline??] was VERY MUCH like 'The Descent' [an actual GOOD horror movie].
i feel like i wasted my time with 'Quarantine.'
oh, well.

I watched The Spirit...GREAT film. Not quite what I was expecting...the previews really don't give you the true flavor of the film. The visuals were awesome in true Frank Miller form and the acting was spectacular. They mix a LOT of comedy in this, where I was expecting something a little grittier like Sin City. Samuel L. Jackson plays Octopus wickedly. This IS a mild lampoon on comic-book films and the noir genre...so if you're expecting true noir, you might not like it.

Honestly, reading other reviews elsewhere, I don't get where all the hate is coming from...fucking cinema snobs.

i went to see 'Knowing' today. this was a better Nicolas Cage effort than 'Bangkok Dangerous' by a long shot. i really enjoyed it. he didnt look as weird, either.

The American Nightmare. Phenominal documentary that originally aired on IFC in 2000. It focuses on 6 classic horror films from the 60's and 70's (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Last House on the Left, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Shivers, Halloween), their directors (George A. Romero, Wes Craven, Tobe Hooper, David Cronenberg, John Carpenter) and the culture/society during the time when the films were made. One of the best documentarys If you ask me, and it should be a must-see for any horror fan. It really drives the point home that these films arn't just mindless violence. Those guys were reactionary filmmakers, and the films had deeper meanings. I could go on and on, but it's on DVD so check it out!

i attempted to watch 'You Dont Mess With the Zohan' last night.
i've come to the conclusion that Adam Sandler is a self-hating Jew and insane. if this is the shape of how his future movies will be, he really needs to NOT BOTHER.
horrid, horrid mess.

I watched the new Punisher movie over the weekend. This was the third effort at that storyline and again they failed to capture the character and stay true to the comic. This is probably the last we'll see of that character I imagine. Was there anyone on here that liked it?
I haven't seen The Wrestler so that is next on the list for later this week...

I watched the new Punisher movie over the weekend. This was the third effort at that storyline and again they failed to capture the character and stay true to the comic. This is probably the last we'll see of that character I imagine. Was there anyone on here that liked it?
I haven't seen The Wrestler so that is next on the list for later this week...

The Wrestler come out today. I wanted to see it at the movie theaters, but it didn't come to any of the theaters in my area.