Last movie you saw and your verdict

Knives Out is awesome Keenan.

As for Ghibli movies, my favs are Princess Mononoke and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. Spirited Away deserves an honorable mention for me.

51tRVR%2B%2BYRL._AC_.jpg

Not a movie, but this is the last thing I watched. Brilliant!

Kiki's Delivery Service - 9/10

What a great movie. I vaguely remember some parts because I saw it when I was like 10, but it was mostly a new experience because I remember so little about it. I swear, Miyazaki movies all have the same level of quality. It's insane.

^ It's a good one

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5027035019130.jpg

Love this

Watched a bunch of horror and spooky movies during October. Here is what I remember seeing.

Clue
House on Haunted Hill
Christine
Nightmare Before Xmas
Friday the 13th VI
Evil Dead II
Army of Darkness
April Fool's Day
Sleepaway Camp
Phantasm
The Lighthouse
Return to Horror High

The only one I regret watching was The Lighthouse. What the fuck was that movie supposed to be about?

Watched all 10 series of The Walking Dead in the past 2 weeks :lol:

I'm a champion binge watcher.

I remember when that show started. Season 1 was incredible. Season 2 and 3 were great. Somewhere after that, I forget when, I just lost interest. I love the comics but the show just got on my nerves after a while. Not sure what it is about it, but I just can't watch it anymore. Last episode I watched was the one where Negan smashed Glenn's head in. I only watched it because it was a BIG moment from the comics I was excited to see it adapted to a TV show. AMC's version of Negan doesn't feel right to me, though. I was pretty disappointed in his acting and general direction.

I HIGHLY recommend reading the comics if you enjoyed the show, Podgie! They're much better in my opinion and are way more unpredictable.

Reactions: zerostatic
Finally decided to do 31 movies in 31 days for October and boy it was a weird experience. I was constantly behind always but it was fun. Definitely not doing it again next year but maybe in the future. 13 of the 31 were new, my favorites were probably Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, and Mandy. Worst new one was defffffffinitely the first Leprechaun movie. Woof.

I HIGHLY recommend reading the comics if you enjoyed the show, Podgie! They're much better in my opinion and are way more unpredictable.

Forever gonna be sad they'll never be able to do the comic book ending, I really really enjoyed their ending.

Watched a bunch of horror and spooky movies during October. Here is what I remember seeing.

Clue
House on Haunted Hill
Christine
Nightmare Before Xmas
Friday the 13th VI
Evil Dead II
Army of Darkness
April Fool's Day
Sleepaway Camp
Phantasm
The Lighthouse
Return to Horror High

The only one I regret watching was The Lighthouse. What the fuck was that movie supposed to be about?

Some good ones in there! I'm a big Friday the 13th fan, I think IV, V and VI are my favourites. Haven't watched The Lighthouse yet......

I remember when that show started. Season 1 was incredible. Season 2 and 3 were great. Somewhere after that, I forget when, I just lost interest. I love the comics but the show just got on my nerves after a while. Not sure what it is about it, but I just can't watch it anymore. Last episode I watched was the one where Negan smashed Glenn's head in. I only watched it because it was a BIG moment from the comics I was excited to see it adapted to a TV show. AMC's version of Negan doesn't feel right to me, though. I was pretty disappointed in his acting and general direction.

Yeah, I was lucky enough to not really know anything of the comic so the show wasn't tainted for me :lol: It does drag on and certainly has it's highs and lows (one being it is kind of predictable at times) but, saying that I did really enjoy it. Not a big comic reader but I would definitely be interested in reading them sometime. Daryl is my favourite character, which I was a little disappointed in finding out he's not from the comics after watching the show.

I like waiting years and years and avoiding these long series and then when they're all but done pick them up and watch it all at once. Otherwise waiting for new series can cause me to forget and / or lose interest.

I've lost the ability to watch weekly TV as well. I don't binge watch quite as fast as you do, though. :lol:

Daryl not being in the comics might be a bit of a turn off, but other characters make up for it as they are much better than they are in the show. Some are even around longer! Some less! :lol:
If you want to check them out digitally, you can go to Comixology and check them out there. I think the first few volumes are on their paid monthly service they offer, which you can probably do a trial run of just to see if you enjoy the book or not.
If you want to check them out physically, they come in multiple different formats which basically boil down to 6-issue paperbacks, 12-issue hardcovers, 24-issue BIG hardcovers and 48-issue BIG paperbacks.

movieposter.jpg
movieposter.jpg

Really enjoyed both of these

Dunkirk_Film_poster.jpg

This one not so much (considering how everyone raved about it when it came out), still a decent watch though!

EDIT: Oh and Keenan, I've noted the comics. One day I'll get around to checkin' them out ;)

Haven't seen Hacksaw Ridge, but I loved 1917. Dunkirk was just alright.

Watched the Highlander last week. What the hell is with Sean Connery playing a Spaniard in a movie involving Scottish highlanders?

My brother and I watched Akira a few nights ago. I've seen it but it was his first time watching it. He said he had no idea what was going on but the animation was insane. :lol:

Reactions: ThatOneDude
My brother and I watched Akira a few nights ago. I've seen it but it was his first time watching it. He said he had no idea what was going on but the animation was insane. :lol:

I remember the one time I watched Akira was fun, but my friend wound up sleeping during the beginning and woke up towards the climax and was so confused about what's going on that he vowed to never watch it again. I love bringing it up to him every time.

:lol: not the first time I've heard someone have exactly that reaction to Akira!

I watch A LOT of horror movies...

1359293886_3f2625fd8ca45266fbc692cb1e0.jpg

I don't know why but it's taken me years to get around to watching this... and it's decent!! Way better than every other sequel / prequel / remake / reboot (the series' timeline is all fucked up :lol:)

2676340b3dd8b4ec852130121e50e731_360d4c62854d814e9fc23855ac227617.jpg

Watched Shin Godzilla with both my brothers a few nights ago. My brother Jordan and I have seen it like four times but my other brother hadn't seen it. He actually watched the whole thing without being glued to his tablet, which is a testament to how god damn good this movie is. :lol:

If anyone hasn't seen it, I HIGHLY recommend it! It's literally one of the best movies I've ever seen. No joke.

Think i've told just about everyone who talks to me about why Shin Godzilla is the best damn Godzilla movie ever. Don't wanna spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it but man... that final transformation at the end creeps me the fuck out

Agreed! I'm incredibly excited about the thought of a sequel, but it seems like the Anno is focused on Shin Ultraman at the moment. The trailer for that one looks... strange. Hopefully Shin Godzilla 2 is after that but I kinda have a feeling that it's gonna be a standalone kind of thing...

I love how he holds his arms out like a supervillain plotting a scheme in his final form. :lol:

Not a movie but I finished up Star Trek The Next Generation. I started it back in April when the quarantine started and finished it about a week ago. Started watching Monk and Quantum Leap. Usually have them on with subtitles while I play guitar so occasionally miss plot points but can usually figure out what is going on.