The last zombie movie I saw...

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
UNDEAD.

undead1.jpg

It's an Australian movie that came out in 2003. I've had it for a few months now, but totally forgot I even owned it and just saw it the other day. Lions Gate will be releasing it in the USA this summer, July 1st to be exact.

Completely cult and totally over the top: Aliens, Zombies (that look like the possessed fuckers in the Evil Dead films with the white out eyes), and LOTS of gore through decaptiation, head shots, machete killings, plenty of good ol' gunplay action.

arrow-int101-2.jpg

It's not as 'clever' as Shaun of the Dead, but definitely a good addition to the walking dead genre, especially with all the obvious nods to Raimi and Romero.

I love Versus. I think they could have done a better job (it dragged in certain places) but otherwise the concept of samurai zombies coming out of a misty forest and attacking a gun toting crew like the one in Reservoir Dogs is just sweet, sweet, sweet.

I bought "Dawn of the Dead" (remake) today. My local video store sells DVD ex-rentals for $5 so I thought 'what the heck'.