The movie thread

tengo los webos bien puestos-mario almada
quien es mas chingon yo o tu? -mario almada
lol.......!

Deliverance6 said:
#5 is called BREAKING THE WAVES.......another incredible story of self punishment and tragidy....

ah I hired the DVD the other day, what a wonderful film! As Dancer in the Dark it makes you cry so much!!!I like Lars von Trier films!

I have a very long list of films, most of them are Italian commedies that probably no one knows...then I like many classics, "intellectual" films but also stupid commedies like Zoolander, Starsky & Hutch and of course Space Balls!!!

There are to many good films . All of you wrote here the best so i won't write all the same stuff you did. I will only add a movie that i haven't notice you worte :

ONE FL EW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

after watching Godfather {I read the original language version} i was crying that they destroyed such a perfect book. For Me Film Godfather was 100000 times worse than a book

and i'm sure the same is with the Cuckoo's nest,
my sister told the same as you

well, that happens often, if you first read the book and then see the related movie (not always though!)

Kevlar PL said:
after watching Godfather {I read the original language version} i was crying that they destroyed such a perfect book. For Me Film Godfather was 100000 times worse than a book
that's one among those i wasn't disappointed in, quite the contrary! and, as far as i know, the author of the book even co-worked with coppola on the scenario... what disappointed you so much about the movie?

What many people forget is that often a film is based on the book and not necessarily an exact one-on-one movie version of the book.. In other words, don't compare the movie to the book.

The Godfather is #1 in IMDB's list of best movies of all time..

I have a top 3.

'Oldboy'
'American Beauty'
'Donnie Darko'

After that, you have movies such as:

'The Usual Suspects'
'Misery'
'Amelie'
'One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest'
'Adaptation'
'About Schmidt'
'Thirteen'
(That one holds a special place in my heart)
'Primary Colours'
'Pulp Fiction'
'Baz Lurhmans Romeo And Juliet'
'Sin City'
'Sideways'
'Batman Begins'
'Dog Day Afternoon'
'The Merchant Of Venice'
(the one with Al Pacino)
'Star Wars Trilogy' (don't fucking talk to me about the new ones)

And dozens of others I'm far too tired to remember/list right now.

dark_Exile said:
Bah Hollywood lovers :D

Sen to chihiro no kamikakushi

Amelie

I agree with you about these two, and to be honest I'm surprised no one besides you has listed Amelie yet (Le Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain). I haven't seen any of the other movies you listed, since I watch very little movies nowadays.

Some of my all-time favourites are Quentin Tarantino movies, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Star Wars movies etc...

A movie that everyone should see at least once in their lives is Meet The Feebles by Peter Jackson :) There's simply no other movie like it.