Last movie you saw and your verdict

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - it was enjoyable, but I started to lose interest around the 2 hour mark. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it at the theater. haha.

Reactions: CiG
Star Wars: The Force Awakens - it was enjoyable, but I started to lose interest around the 2 hour mark. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it at the theater. haha.

I was in the same boat, what is it with the average film now being the length of 1950's epics? It's so senseless.

I have to disagree. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan in the world, but that movie had me on the edge of my seat nearly the entire time. One of those "Over before you know it" kinda movies.

Watched AKIRA (it must always be spelled in all caps. Haha.) on blu-ray with the original 1988 voice acting and sound effects. It was SO 80's. It was awesome.

Well actually the first time I watched it, on the big screen, I was totally enthralled the entire time. Second viewing at home on DVD though I was getting restless by the end, I just don't think these films these days for the most part warrant 2+ hour durations.

348024.jpg

GOOD

The Clan Of The Cave Bear, it pretty much sucked. One of the most clumsy and hamfisted "women's empowerment - men suck women good" plots I have ever seen.

Filmed on nice sets and locations though, interesting premise, but bleh. 2 and a half stars.

I had little bit of turkey fest recently, watched Shoot Em' Up, Drive Angry and Cowboys & Aliens. While all three are bit crap, still solid entertainment especially with some beer :)

Air is great, not so old though if we're talking about the same thing. Only from 2005 iirc.
Also 100% agreed about eastern dramas, have you seen Grave Of The Fireflies?

Reactions: Lunella
Oh I thought it was older than that, just looked it up, yeah 2005. I absolutely love it.
I haven't seen that yet but someone did actually recommend it me a while ago, I shall check it out, thanks for reminding me.

Lawrence of Arabia is one of the few classic movies that lives up to its hype. One of the all time great films.

Return of the King - Last saw it about three years ago. Watched the extended edition and I think I prefer the theatrical cut.