Last Movie You Watched?

300px-Green-ice-movie-poster-1981.jpg

Caught up on a bunch of movies while recovering from surgery…

Nebraska (Bruce Dern) - Great portrayal of small-town family life, but I found the black white filming to be more annoying than artsy.

Kinky Boots - Loved the touring production of Kinky Boots, and wanted to catch up on the movie. The plot for the musical actually stuck pretty close to the movie, with a couple of minor changes. Enjoyed the movie, but it just can’t match the energy of a live performance!

Neighbors (Seth Rogen, Zac Efron) - Crude, but did have several funny scenes that made me laugh out loud.

Blended (Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore) - Cute and mildly funny, although not as good as The Wedding Singer or 50 First Dates.

The Angriest Man in Brooklyn (Robin Williams, Mila Kunis) - This got universally panned, but I loved it. The plot is ironic, given that it was one of Williams’ last movies - it’s about a man who is told he has 90 minutes to live. I loved Robin Williams, and I also liked Mila Kunis’ character, a burned-out doctor. I’m not a doc, but do work in the nonprofit world - and have learned that if you don’t take care of yourself, there’s nothing left to give to anyone else. There is also an unlikely and funny cameo that I won’t spoil. :)

Next up is “Are You Here” - this one also got panned, but love Owen Wilson and Zach Galifianakis, so will give it a try.

EDIT: Shoulda listened to the critics on "Are You Here". That's two hours of my life that I won't get back...

Watched a DVD of "Bad Words" - had kind of a hard time getting into it, as the lead character was such a jackass, but ended up really liking the ending.

Logged on to Netflix this week, and they suggested that I would like "Iron Maiden: Flight 666" because I liked the movie "Airplane"! Hmmm...not sure that would be a good recommendation for most people, but I *did* love both movies! :lol: I actually picked up Flight 666 a couple of years ago in the PPUSA Merch Room!

We watched They Live and Warm Bodies over the last couple of weeks. Nothing like some good basic schlock. :)

Ender's game. I didn't really want to see it and wasn't expecting to like it, but I was pleasantly surprised. The story was thought-provoking, the visual effects were really good, and the kid who was the lead did a fantastic job. I can't think of any major flaws, but then again, I only read the book once and that was probably close to 10 years ago. 7/10

I laughed my ass off the entire movie! :lol:

I've watched this one multiple times and it still makes me laugh every time!

Just watched a documentary called "Alive Inside", about a project to connect nursing home residents and Alzheimer's patients with music that was meaningful to them in their past. HIGHLY recommended, but have a box of Kleenex handy. You might have seen this clip circulating a while ago on social media:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyZQf0p73QM

I know I need to get out more! I only found out about this movie a few weeks ago. I laughed my ass off the entire movie! :lol:

51takHy9yWL.jpg

Highly recommended if you want a good laugh!
I watched this last night, based on the comments here. Good movie. I think I've seen it before, but that didn't hamper my enjoyment of the movie. Good call.

I now begin my annual screening of the horror movies that were most common on all the year end lists. In queue for Zod Horrorfest 2015:

The Babadook
Under the Skin
Late Phases
Horns
Oculus
The Taking of Deborah Logan
Starry Eyes
Afflicted
The Guest
The Town That Dreaded Sundown
A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
What We Do In The Shadows