Latest CD you bought...

Ahh I need to preorder Time soon... but I did preorder Kamelot's Silverthorn some weeks ago!! The special box edition :)

Me too, I have Kamelot and Devin Townsend Project's Epicloud happily pre-ordered but I have yet to pre-order the most anticipated metal album this year. I'm still waiting for an announcement for the US release of Time-I but I plan on getting the best version money can buy.

Recently in the mail though I got Enisiferum's Unsung Heroes and I should be recieving Korpiklanni's Manala (US tour edition) any day now

Last CD I got was Threshold - March of Progress

In terms of pre-orders: Steve Harris - British Lion and Muse - 2nd Law (which has been delayed until October)

Gotta admit I'm not a fan of Evil Scarecrow either, but to each their own! :lol:

Seen them live twice as support for Power Quest and considering seeing them headlining Corp next month. Great Live Band that get the crowd going and can play.

As far as joke/parody Bands go, I'd certainly rate them higher than Steel Panther, who to me at least are unfunny for the most part (they're like every shit Comedy Film that ever existed rolled into a Band) and haven't exactly heard good things about them personality-wise either.

Just my opinion.

Just got back from ProgPower XIII (which was awesome btw) ........ :headbang: and man was I impressed with the vendor room. I bought more awesome cds in one day than ever.

1# Anathema - Weather Systems: This was the first of my choice though not really metal. I heard a lot of good things about this former doom/death band and I can see why. Very calm but powerful.
2# Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape: I think I bought both this and Anathema over at the Nightmare Records booth. I already love this album but didnt have it in physical format and was getting tired of Spotify commercials.
3# Elvenking - Era: I was surprised to find this at an imports booth where there were so many albums to sift through it made my head spin. It came out on the 14th I believe so you can imagine why my first reaction was an abrupt "ooh" and then immediately picking it up to check the price of $16. Its nothing ground breaking but its good, raw Elvenking (not too fond of the vocal production though).
4# Extol - The Blueprint Dives: This was a pleasant surprise because I has already been at the online Century Media store checking on my DTP - Epicloud preorder when they were advertising this album for only $5. I hesitated because I was already ordering so many albums anyway, but I somehow discovered it in a bin of clearanced albums in a cardboard box near the imports vendor booth at the same price. Check this out if you like an interesting take in production and almost post-hardcore sounding progressive metal.

Also Epicloud came in the mail while I was gone. I really like this album despite it being overall not very original in terms of the simple songs. Great production and very Epic and Loud :p :rolleyes: . Not much else I can say but I love it and if you like a more than modern, heavy-industrial take on anthem rock like Queen, Van Halen, Journey, etc., this is for you.

yup new Elvenking [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgzlOMVyL2g&list=UUKdA5J4-opjla1aWOjF74mg&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

still feels like Bullet for My Chemical DragonFolk band but i love it anyway.

edit: Oh and Teemu from Wintersun does a solo on the album :headbang:

Just got the OVERLORDE S.R. album and it's great 'True Metal' stuff...actually bought it thanx 2 all the controversy around the 2 Overlorde's fighting the TM thing. Gotta say I am familiar with the New Jersey ones album-but it's so friggin' OLD already-whats tha point fighting??? I DO prefer that bands sound overall-but am so turned off of them now. I'm sure that Mark Edwards guy was PISSED at the promo of the Overlorde SR's cd @ this past ProgPower-I was there & saw that clown there showing a flyer of a member of the OTHER Overlorde who is (supposedly) a sex offender!!! Even IF-that is a scuzzy thing to do...get over it alrady man-your band is dead in the water!!!

Just got the OVERLORDE S.R. album and it's great 'True Metal' stuff...actually bought it thanx 2 all the controversy around the 2 Overlorde's fighting the TM thing. Gotta say I am familiar with the New Jersey ones album-but it's so friggin' OLD already-whats tha point fighting??? I DO prefer that bands sound overall-but am so turned off of them now. I'm sure that Mark Edwards guy was PISSED at the promo of the Overlorde SR's cd @ this past ProgPower-I was there & saw that clown there showing a flyer of a member of the OTHER Overlorde who is (supposedly) a sex offender!!! Even IF-that is a scuzzy thing to do...get over it alrady man-your band is dead in the water!!!

Welcome to the forum Progger X!

Got some more Katatonia albums in preparation to seeing them in December

Steve Harris album also came through yesterday, only one listen so far, but seems good. Agree with some of the negative reviews in part that the vocalist has a nice voice but lacking some power. Think there are some official streams available if people want to check it http://www.steveharrisbritishlion.com/