Latest CD you bought...

Found Avantasia - Mystery of Time quite cheap in the store a few days ago so I bought that. It's quite fun and uplifting:) I like!

Picking up Iced Earth's new album Plagues of Babylon tonight... hope it's good..

Because I'm not working, for various reasons, I can't really afford any albums so I can't check out nearly as much music as I'd like to. But I'm planning to buy X japan - Blue Blood and Avantasia - The Scarecrow in the following days. The truth is that I, part from Mystery of Time which I recently bought and liked, haven't checked out Avantasia yet.

Scarecrow is a pretty awesome record, to be honest... apart from a couple duds and the shocking twist from the Metal Opera sound (I remember when it came out and I was quite confused at first), there are some truly awesome songs. The title track is still one of my favorite power metal tunes ever.

Natan, if you had been around when the album was released, you would have seen quite a split reaction on that album from the fans (you can still see it to this day, but in 07-08 it was a pretty big topic for power metal fans)

I guess I'll understand it when I've heard the album plus the previous ones? This is getting me more excited about the new Edguy album coming out though, even though I'm still sceptical since their last one which was pretty awful.

It'll definitely give you insight into how the act has changed since its beginning! Those 5 years off really made a difference :p

I guess I'll understand it when I've heard the album plus the previous ones? This is getting me more excited about the new Edguy album coming out though, even though I'm still sceptical since their last one which was pretty awful.

I do enjoy Age of the Joker and it grew on me a lot over several listens but the last two Edguy albums have been...strange. It's difficult to put my finger on, but I think the sound production and the sort of old school Hard Rock feel to a lot of the songs, even though some of them are good, don't suit Edguy.

On Mandrake, Hellfire Club and Rocket Ride, they were able to change their style and sound less like typical Power Metal and have that Edguy unique quality at the same time.

Theater of Salvation is still my favourite album by them though.

Of course Tobi is making out the new album is the best thing ever and is better than Mandrake, Hellfire Club etc. I somehow feel skeptical about that.

Still, it'll be interesting to find out what it's like.

I do enjoy Age of the Joker and it grew on me a lot over several listens but the last two Edguy albums have been...strange. It's difficult to put my finger on, but I think the sound production and the sort of old school Hard Rock feel to a lot of the songs, even though some of them are good, don't suit Edguy.

On Mandrake, Hellfire Club and Rocket Ride, they were able to change their style and sound less like typical Power Metal and have that Edguy unique quality at the same time.

Theater of Salvation is still my favourite album by them though.

Of course Tobi is making out the new album is the best thing ever and is better than Mandrake, Hellfire Club etc. I somehow feel skeptical about that.

Still, it'll be interesting to find out what it's like.

I guess the new one will be pretty much make it or break it.

As for Age of the Joker, it was OK in the beginning but quickly became boaring. The only track I sometimes listen to from that album is Every Night Without You. Part from that song the lyrics and the rest of the music don't blend well at all.

Primal Fear - Delivering the Black.....sadly for me it seems to be delivering the boredom. Riffs are cool but some of the melodies leave a lot to be desired IMHO

Ring of Fire - Battle of Leningrad. Good to see ROF back but I think this needs a few more spins before I can full comment or appreciate

^ Its nice when things work out :D

Baroness-Blue Record

Heard they were similar to Mastodon so I bought it having never heard anything by these guys. I gotta say, Im really liking this so far.

WOW okay, it's been a while since I've posted in this thread. Let's see if I can remember what I've bought. Hasn't been much...

Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon
Sonata Arctica - Pariah's Child
Edguy - Space Police [2CD edition]
Edguy - The Savage Poetry [2000 release]
Maybeshewill - I Was Here For A Moment, Then I Was Gone
The Red Sparowes - The Fear Is Excruciating, but Therein Lies the Answer
God Is An Astronaut - All Is Violent, All Is Bright

Great stuff all around. Heavy, speedy thrash, power metal, some 80s glam, and a heaping dose of post-rock.