Latest CD you bought...

Do you think "Reign of Glory" is better than "Sword and Sorcery" Eagle? Haven't heard the new one yet.. thinking about buying it..

bought Within Temptation - Mother Earth yesterday. Good album :)

Dream Thief said:
Royal Hunt rule!!! :)

What do you think of Eyewitness?
Hi Dream thief,
I think that Eyewitness is a good album but not very exceptionnal... I prefer Montany - New born Day ... you guys have to discover this band! :headbang:
I've bought a new album this day, more trashy... Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion.
For the royal hunt albums, I prefer when DC Cooper sung. (ave)

Cheers

I agree with you on Eyewitness. It grew on me the more I listened to it but after hearing the previous album 'The Mission' I was left wanting more.

Yes, you are right about DC Cooper. 'Paradox' is a great album with some awesome tracks.

I'll have to check out Montany. Sounds interesting.

As for purchases, just one today...

Gary Hughes - Once and Future King Part 2

WeekendWarrior said:
Do you think "Reign of Glory" is better than "Sword and Sorcery" Eagle? Haven't heard the new one yet.. thinking about buying it..

I'd say it' their best release yet. It is very Manowar influenced and not the deepest of albums however for sheer headbanging fun it's a masterpiece. I hope they do Wacken as I'd love to hear the likes of Heavy Metal Battle Cry, To The Stadiums and Heroes live. I recommend it!

Electric Light Orchestra - Out Of The Blue (2LP blue vinyl :))

Judas Priest - Painkiller (LP to complete the lot '74 - '90 :))

Led Zeppelin - Led Zep 4 (another LP :p)

Latest additions include:

Motley Crue - Theatre Of Pain (Remastered)

Cryonic Temple - Blood, Guts And Glory

Robert Tepper - No Rest For The Wounded Heart

Magnum - Sleepwalking

Isengard - Crownless Majesty

and...

.. an album titled Neverworld by some unknown Anglo-Italian band ;)

Eagle said:
Latest additions include:

Motley Crue - Theatre Of Pain (Remastered)

Cryonic Temple - Blood, Guts And Glory

Robert Tepper - No Rest For The Wounded Heart

Magnum - Sleepwalking

Isengard - Crownless Majesty

and...

.. an album titled Neverworld by some unknown Anglo-Italian band ;)
Look forward to hearing your thoughts Eagle!

The Legion - Unseen to Creation
Opeth - Lamentations (DVD)
Sonata Arctica - Takatalvi (ordered a while ago - it arrived yesterday)

Still awaiting my copy of Neverworld though. :(

A friend of mine had his copy arrive in the post yesterday with the unfortunate addition of a customs charge but nonetheless, I shall see him tomorrow and I MUST listen to that album.

Symphony said:
Look forward to hearing your thoughts Eagle!

Voila!

I make these comments on 2nd complete full listen:

Neverworld – A beautiful track, hints of Wings of Tomorrow era Europe here which is always a good thing. May I suggest that when performing live you open with Wings of Forever and Conclude with this cracker

Temple of Fire – Possible the most commercial track on the album with a very catchy chorus. If Wings of Forever had Far Away then Neverworld has Temple Of Fire. I loved this song when I heard it live and now I also love the studio version

Edge Of Time – I’d also been fortunate enough to have already heard this one live and at the time I thought to myself Tony Clarkin would have been proud of this one. Pure Quality Magnum Sound!

Sacred Land – Typical trademark Eurostyled Epic Power Metal that I love. Hints of Helloween here, fast and melodic. Trademark Power Quest.

When I’m Gone – I’m always partial to a good a ballad and this one certainly does the business for me. I could see this one appealing to many different types of music fans, this is single material. If Immortal Plains had been released as a single last year it would have been an Xmas Hit. If Now And Then had released the album on time then this would have been an ideal follow up. But alas, one can only wonder.

For Evermore – At first I wasn’t too impressed (just me and I don’t know why) with the Intro but the bridge and chorus make amends and the song is growing on me.

Well of Souls – I like this one a lot, might even by fave. Speed, melody and very, very catchy.

Into The Light – Another trademark Power Quest song. Strong and Powerful

Lost Without You – So far this is my fave lol, This has to be played lived. It’s an epic masterpiece.

Find the Way to the Top – Good old school melodic rocker, I think this would do the business live too.

On the whole it’s stronger then Wings Of Forever and I think it will do well in Germany, Italy, Scandanavia as well as obviously in Japan. With a well supported tour and good promotions I think the sales would be pretty good for over here too.

Eagle rating 90%