Latest CD you bought...

dragonwarrior said:
HMJ said:
Amon Amarth - Once Sent From the Golden Hall
I only just got that recently myself.

Do you think its any good?

I think its brilliant!

Listened to it now...it is pretty awesome! I'd heard Ride for Vengeance and Victorious March before...and the rest was just as good!! I still think Versus the World is my fave though :)
Now I just have to see if I can get hold of a copy of The Avenger with the AA demos as a bonus disc!!

Also looking forward to the Wrath of the Norsmen DVD...Play dispatched it my way yesterday!! :D

AA - Wrath of the Norsemen (DVD) arrived today!! I look forward to watching all 5 concerts back to back with a few drinks after my exam on monday :D

Tonberry said:
Whats the bonus stuff like on these? :loco:

Pretty sweet! That's all I can really think to say really ^_^; good reason to listen to more Helloween...

Hate Forest - Battlefields
Judas Iscariot - The Cold Earth Slept Below
Krieg - Destruction Ritual

Ayeka said:
Pretty sweet! That's all I can really think to say really ^_^; good reason to listen to more Helloween...

Since I only own an LP (fine.. fine.. it's my dad's ^^) of Keeper 2, I think I'll buy all the re-issues in one swoop when I next have some spare cash.

Tonberry said:
Since I only own an LP (fine.. fine.. it's my dad's ^^) of Keeper 2, I think I'll buy all the re-issues in one swoop when I next have some spare cash.

I've had my LP copy of part 1 for a good four years now, and I'll tell you what, it makes a world of difference being able to cart these things around with you! It has to be done, haha! Future World on a whim... :cool:

Yeah, Mother Nature is probsbly my fave song on that whole album. At first I couldn't get used to the idea of Luca Turilli with vocals from anyone other than Olaf Hayer but at least he still does around half the vocals. It's definitely a grower but also rather good.

Last purchases:

Necrophobic - Hrimthursum
Amon Amarth - Wrath Of The Norsemen DVD

Dream Thief said:
Yeah, Mother Nature is probsbly my fave song on that whole album. At first I couldn't get used to the idea of Luca Turilli with vocals from anyone other than Olaf Hayer but at least he still does around half the vocals. It's definitely a grower but also rather good.

Last purchases:

Necrophobic - Hrimthursum
Amon Amarth - Wrath Of The Norsemen DVD

I was actually dissapointed Olaf wasn't on every song. POTLE is still one of my top 5 albums, and I feel this album just can't match the previous.

I was also disapointed at the lack of Olaf. Does anyone know why?

Perhaps they had a fall out or something. I notice that Luca doesn't thank Olaf in his 'thanks to' bit in the booklet... perhaps he just forgot though eh.

Bal-Sagoth - Atlantis Ascendant

dragonwarrior said:
I was also disapointed at the lack of Olaf. Does anyone know why?

Perhaps they had a fall out or something. I notice that Luca doesn't thank Olaf in his 'thanks to' bit in the booklet... perhaps he just forgot though eh.

Bal-Sagoth - Atlantis Ascendant

Naa I doubt a falling out, more likey Luca was totally captivated with his female singers voice, and decided to write more songs for her.... that and the whole Dreamquest thing.

Tonberry said:
Naa I doubt a falling out, more likey Luca was totally captivated with his female singers voice, and decided to write more songs for her.... that and the whole Dreamquest thing.

My favourites at the moment are 'Mystic and Divine' and 'The Miracle of Life'.... I think they're the ones anyway!

Luca Turilli - Infinite wonders of creation (ltd ed)
Luca Turilli's dreamquest - Lost horizons
Sonata Arctica - For the sake of revenge (cd & dvd)
Nightwish - End of an era (cd & dvd)
Dragonforce - Inhuman rampage
Manigance - l'ombre et la lumière