latest from scott

Joey: "i don't wanna sing the songs of that Nelson guy, i wanna write my own."
Scott: "Shut up redskin, i'm gonna force some Bush-man to sing the vocals instead of you which is what i prefer anyway."

Joey: "I'm already into my fourth or fifth song as far as pre-production."

So were still basically in the very beginning stages as far as vox ?

Joey: "I'm not laying down anything for real yet."

NOTHING?? Not one single song is finalized and ready to go? GOD DAMMIT !!!!

How can he? Scotty boy and his emo fag producer Rob are out playing pop/rock/ emo shit to teenaged girls around the Country. That makes it fairly difficult to actually record any material.

How can he? Scotty boy and his emo fag producer Rob

Jesus Christ, will you STOP with the homophobia and negativity? We get that you don't like TDT. We get that you don't like the Bush era. Must you continue to beat us over the heads with these things? It's pathetic and your insults aren't even original. You should just leave. It doesn't appear many people here like you and I don't blame them. Grow up.

Sorry, just had to get that out...

Jesus Christ, will you STOP with the homophobia and negativity? We get that you don't like TDT. We get that you don't like the Bush era. Must you continue to beat us over the heads with these things? It's pathetic and your insults aren't even original. You should just leave. It doesn't appear many people here like you and I don't blame them. Grow up.

If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. :puke:

Hey now! I at least think he's fairly meh.

Someone has to and I have appointed myself to speak for those who feel the exact same way but are to scared to say it.

The Damned Emo Things band is ruining Anthrax and that is all I care about. If that doesn't piss you off as an Anthrax fan who is waiting for a new album I don't know what will. I honestly wonder if some on here even care if there is a new Anthrax album. They could have focused and put out the album by now. But Joey is the only one that seems to even give a shit about it and he isn't even a stable member of the band. The entire thing is just fucked.

Didn't sound to me at all like they are working with Joey. Joey is listening to the Dan versions and coming up with his own way to sing them and make them his own as much as possible. That doesn't mean the rest of the band has heard what he's doing or even approves of it. He's just on his own preparing himself in hopes they eventually give a shit and ask him to come out and track his parts...which at this rate, may never happen.

Yeah, I meant that atleast Joey is allowed to work with the songs, hopefully he'll find a way to make them his own. If the pre-production on five songs is ready, that makes pretty much half the album ready to be recorded. I don't think that's too bad for one month.

I reckon reckon here is part of the problem: why doesn't Charlie or Frank - both integral parts of the band - come out and do some press, or at least provide an update on what's happening? Why do they always leave this up to Scott who has a million other things going on, and doesn't seem to have Anthrax as a huge priority anyways? Charlie especially has always said he lives and breathes Anthrax...... well.......?

Someone has to and I have appointed myself to speak for those who feel the exact same way but are to scared to say it.

The Damned Emo Things band is ruining Anthrax and that is all I care about. If that doesn't piss you off as an Anthrax fan who is waiting for a new album I don't know what will. I honestly wonder if some on here even care if there is a new Anthrax album. They could have focused and put out the album by now. But Joey is the only one that seems to even give a shit about it and he isn't even a stable member of the band. The entire thing is just fucked.

Why would anyone be scared to say what you say? The people that post here say what they like, it just seems most people don't agree with what YOU say.
I think the people that DO care as much as you simply don't bother posting here any more.
Most folk have just given up caring about Anthrax any more.

if there was no Damned Things-band then we'd get to hear their songs on the next Anthrax-album with the TDT-vocalist as new Thrax-singer, it's better the way it is.

If there was no TDT Scott would be too busy playing poker. They clearly don't care too much about Anthrax any more.

When it happens, it happens. I don't really care now - I think it'll be a great record going on what I've heard on Youtube, but there's plenty other bands bringing out new stuff this year - Deicide, Burzum, Whitesnake. Even Def Leppard will have some new stuff this year.

Why would anyone be scared to say what you say? The people that post here say what they like, it just seems most people don't agree with what YOU say.
I think the people that DO care as much as you simply don't bother posting here any more.
Most folk have just given up caring about Anthrax any more.

Probably truth to both of your points. Though i do know a lot of the shit I say on here gets people pissed off and I get all kinds of people crying up and down about what I say... threatening me etc. Some people purposely don't post anything that may cause controversy or any negative attention to themselves etc. I guess what I am getting at is I do speak what I know a lot of the 'unheard' Anthrax fans are thinking. The ones that don't bother to post here any more. That may very well be true that people just don't give a shit about Anthrax anymore and have given up on them, and that is sad, but true I suppose.

The album is done musically . Joey clearly stated that the guys are firm on how the vocals should sound. I think Joey is having some creative issues re singing Dan Nelson's Tracks. Its kind of like Steve Perry re singing Far Beyond Driven. It is probably not how the band envisioned the material to sound when they wrote it. I'm sure they are being super critical.

The album is done musically . Joey clearly stated that the guys are firm on how the vocals should sound. I think Joey is having some creative issues re singing Dan Nelson's Tracks. Its kind of like Steve Perry re singing Far Beyond Driven. It is probably not how the band envisioned the material to sound when they wrote it. I'm sure they are being super critical.

Don Nelson is NOT even remotely close to Phil Anselmo no matter how badly he wishes he was and tries to act like him.

Joey did just fine on Among The Living, STD, SOE, and POT. Those are the best albums in the bands history. Maybe they should let him do what he wants. What they have done the past 15 years since SOWN hasn't really been very amazing. Anthrax was never a band that had a Phil Anselmo type singer and would be silly for them to want to do that. If thats what they wanted to do they should have just changed their name... or better yet could just do an SOD album.... but instead they go do an emo band lol :puke:

What are they gonna say? From what I've gathered, they're just sitting on their hands waiting for Joey to finish. They just have less to do than Rob and Scott. I don't exactly know what Anthrax has hidden away from us, but I don't imagine them having to do too much Anthrax work at this point.

What are they gonna say? From what I've gathered, they're just sitting on their hands waiting for Joey to finish. They just have less to do than Rob and Scott. I don't exactly know what Anthrax has hidden away from us, but I don't imagine them having to do too much Anthrax work at this point.

I can promise you if it were only up to Joey he would have already redone that entire album vocally by now. But he has to have Scottty approve every single line he sings and I can only imagine it ends up causing delay after delay. Joey has to wait for Scotty to finish doing some tv show promoting the emo things before he can go on to the next verse.

Scotty is a control freak and as you have seen over the past many years he has a tendency to fuck things up. I really don't think it is a coincidence that he goes through 3 different singers within a few year span. Not a coincidence that don nelson quit and that john doesn't want to come back.

He must be a total pain in the balls to work and deal with both on a musical and business level. i bet even at some point that emo kid from fallout boy will get tired of him

They are not waiting on Joey, no way. He can probably lay down vocals on the whole album in one day.

I can't imagine that its record company BS this time around, because I would think that because of the Big 4 thing whatever record company would be all behind them.

I really don't think Scott's heart is in anymore it as much as it used to be.