LeCto v1.0

BUT, you know what would be nice? Put all the preamps you have now (soloc, hybrit, le456, lextac, legion, lecto) into one plugin and maybe bypassable lecab too, then have a dropdown or something where you can change them, so you would basically have a podfarm/revalver type full guitar suite with a lot of sounds that kick the other suites asses in the face. Also maybe a tubescreamer type deal wouldn't be a bad idea. I would buy that for a dollar, especially if it would be for mac vst or rtas.

this is such a good idea, I would definitely buy if it was to be sold, and if not I would donate, cause it would be soooo awesome

BUT, you know what would be nice? Put all the preamps you have now (soloc, hybrit, le456, lextac, legion, lecto) into one plugin and maybe bypassable lecab too, then have a dropdown or something where you can change them, so you would basically have a podfarm/revalver type full guitar suite with a lot of sounds that kick the other suites asses in the face. Also maybe a tubescreamer type deal wouldn't be a bad idea. I would buy that for a dollar, especially if it would be for mac vst or rtas.

this is such a good idea, I would definitely buy if it was to be sold, and if not I would donate, cause it would be soooo awesome
+1²

(just kidding about the ²)

Someone actually did that for MAC using Wine, he used lepou and acmebargig amp sims and made a pod farm type standalone program. He never uploaded it anywhere though and its very complicated to do.

i tried out the lecto yesterday, with the recabinet impulses (ghandi + royer r121) and it sounded really spot-on. wow. i´m really impressed.

thanks alot for this great freeware ,i´m sure gonna donate a few bucks when my next paycheck arrives..

Yep. That's how the plugin was made. DIs and reamps and all kinds of fluffy shit like that.

I mean, recently. I have only used a triple rectifier (I think the plugin is based on a dual), and I have the impression that the plugin has much less gain. I have to rely much more on the tube screamer than I had with the real mesa. I know that, in the end, the only thing that matters is if it sounds good, but I would like to hear some clips just for the sake of curiosity.

So, just bump up the gain more? :) Another useful trick: increase ALL volume knobs in a given plugin to maximum (usually: Input gain, Master volume, and Output). Seems to do the trick at least for me, with passive pickups. No more gain problems :)

Most ampsims assume a nice loud signal coming in (peaking at about -10 to -5 db).
So a proper gain staging before the ADC is quite essential.
Digitally amplifying a low signal can't really fix the low bit resolution and sn ratio.