LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

As far as Bodom has gone, more money never hurts. He already been through Engl and it mostly sounded plastic like and crappy live and every Marshall amp he could get his hands on. The JVM could be tweaked to sound good as it does live, but on the album it is way too bright. My guess is that Alexi's tone search ain't over, and maybe one day he''ll come full circle and just do the GP-1000 thing again.

Doesn't Alexi still have his gp-1000?

Also thought the ENGL premap he used was only for over seas shows since it was easier to transport, but don't quote me on that.

He still has it, but there is some trouble with it so it breaks down constantly. Might be that it is modded so close to the limit that it eats tubes and overheats. Has not used it since 2010 at least. He might still use the engl for US shows as the last picture of his US rig included the old engl + fryette setup. Can't imagine any of them being hard to import. Roope still uses engl + marshall jvm as poweramp, or so it seems at least.

i SO facking want to hear what alexi thinks about the GPSP. believe me, If Alexi loves it. this thing will go Sky fucking high and TWCC is going to get REAL busy !,

Yeah would be awesome if he ever gave some feedback on it. But you really can't count on it since he really got tons of amps and gear sitting around. But we can hope he gets to play it and stuff.

Also this new mod info was actually something I suggested for the amp 2-3 months ago but got cancelled because we really just wanted to get the thing done. Actually TWCC had been thinking of it too. Now, I'm not going to say what it is, but it gives the amp more distortion without overloading the tubes. Now if you can't get the Bodom tone out of it, it is either you or the guitar which cannot produce the tone. Amp is now as similar to Alexis tone as you could get. I think if you play around with the mods and tweaking enough you could get pretty close with standard pickups like EMG81 and SD SH-4 now as well.

Anyways will only be a tiny slight delay in production, but you could order now and might get one before new year I think.

Hey guys,

got some pics for you.

This is Rune's JE1000 prepared with all necessary cabling, without the pot, because mine did not arrive yet and he has some.
BDdmQWn.jpg

This is Rune's final, as already shown on page 17, but I am putting it here to have it all in one place.
wfKdkYG.jpg

This is one of the few pics of the unit we gave to Alexi. As you can see, the print job lacks the lines around knobs - printing company fucked something up again and there was no time to make replacement.
2Sgn8Ft.jpg

This is JonWormwood's unit. He requested a JE1000 inside the GPSP, so he can use it even with guitars that do not have the JE1000. As you can see, there is one more pot on the left - volume pot for the JE1000. The small switch under red switch is bypass. Left = disable JE, right = put JE between front input jack and GP input. Red switch is tone selector. It is ugly as hell but I did not have the black/silver face switch to use and also wanted to use 4-switch unit (one for disconnecting the battery for JE inside, but could not find it so had to use smaller 3-switch unit (and the hole was already there). The battery switch is integrated in front input jack. If there is no cable plugged in, battery is disconnected.

Why there is a battery in mains powered unit you ask? Did not have a spare power supply to use (could have used the 12.6V heater wiring with regulator to 9V, BUT that would/could create some issues with grounding and power supply noise, So I have decided to use battery as in guitars. Should last months, definitely.

And as you can see, the front panel is packed as hell right now..

The black sticker on the top is a spare that I had prepared for Alexi's unit if the printing company fucked up the panel totally. Put it on the unit for comparison only - Jon wanted black text on silver aluminium afaik.
kv0Is8H.jpg

S74sU2w.jpg

Other than this I have been busy as hell - Rune's unit is already on the way to his place, Alexi's unit was finished approximately 2 hours before the start of the show and we barely got time to test it thouroughly, and JonWormwood unit as pictured in here is being finished right now, will be brought to RR480 for testing and I am leaving for 12-14 days tomorrow morning, so everything is a bit tightly packed. Good news is, that I have now all wire lengths and step-by-step instructions about how to build the thing, so it will be smooth and quick building from now on. If I did not spend last few days researching and testing where to put the JE and how to connect it to make sure no interference will be present inside the case, Jon's unit would be finished long time ago.

Very very impressive! Thank you so much for doing this!

I'll let you know when I have the funding to buy one, however since I recently moved back to my hometown and haven't got a steady job yet it might take a while but I'm really interested.

Looks sweet, mine is on it's way yes, and I can't wait to try it. After the latest modifications I can't imagine anything that could get it closer to Alexi's sound.

On a second note, to Wormwood, I didn't need no JE inside my unit, most of my guitar have a booster one way or another (JE-1000/1200, MM-04 or Afterburner) and it is quite easy to dial in my Boss SD to have a bodomish frequency with an EMG 81 on the original GP, although a bit noisy and harsh. Alexi did something similar on Tuska 2003. Great idea none the less. But leaving it battery dependent really means you have to remove the input cable from the amp every time you're finished playing, now it is fine to remove it from the guitar when not playing, at least I am to lazy to remove the cable from the amp. It will drain in one week and a half if you don't. Not too much trouble, but would have been better with a 9v power-outlet on the left side of the back-panel. But I agree, time was very limited in finishing these early test units so battery is better than nothing. And the switch-plate on the front kind of confused me as well.

BTW TWCC, what does it say where our two names are on the other units? This is an answer for PM or Email, just curious :p

And yeah huge congrats and thanks to TWCC and also RR480 for their dedication and openness when modifying these units. It has been a long and huge tech/tone/mod hunt, which I now believe is over. Both me and TWCC has spent hours emailing and collecting info between each other and third parts and also studying both original GP and SP to almost madness. Some small cap error here and there might arise later on, because some of it was a guessing game, but the result (even on the prototype when tweaked correctly) is outstanding.
Also thanks to Wormwood and Fastbodom for brilliant ideas here and there and all the others who chimed in! (especially also the silent bedroom mod!)

There will be small sound-clips and testing at first, trying to compare to original units and to Bodom on record compared when recoded through cab with SM57 (at least for my part).
Wormwood said he would post a clip or two also, but I think he's got access to a better recording space/studio (than me) so who knows how much he'll test.

But first off I need to tweak and test and puzzle more with a couple of internal mods and get the right tone, it now has so many switches and versatility that even I might get confused, but all my discoveries will be handed to TWCC and maybe put in the manual.

Just testing Jon's GPSP with built-in JE1K...gosh, it's a fucking beast! Sounds like a heaven.

Wait, the JE is built in to the amp or is it inside the guitar?

In the amp itself....should be before the pre-amp.

It's a great idea, that way you don't need a JE in every guitar.

Would be cool to have it in pedal form as well with all switches and knobs available without having to get inside and make any adjustments.

Would be cool to have it in pedal form as well with all switches and knobs available without having to get inside and make any adjustments.

Gotcha, that is fucking awesome!

Great idea! Will definitely make one.

Great idea! Will definitely make one.

That would be awesome IMO, that way you can have that sound with any guitar on any amp.

Wonder how it would sound if you had a JE in the guitar and then put a JE pedal in line after guitar, but before pre-amp?

In pedal form, my opinion is that it should have a knob in the upper left of the pedal that controls the gain amount. Then in the upper right section have 3 individual mini switches that control the frequency's. And of course a stomp button so you can turn it on or off...true bypass is a must. Powered by either 9 volt or plug into the wall.

If this can be made at a reasonable price I don't see why it wouldn't sell well. I know I'd be down to buy one in pedal form as long as it still sounds like the regular, in the guitar version.

Only thing is the JEs were made to run with the old J pickups as well so having one as a pedal/pre-pre amp wouldn't necessarily give you the right tone, although it would give some interesting variation to any pickup that's in the guitar being played.

JE or any clone sounds like shit when combined with an active pickup. My ESP Alexi had the SD balckouts + mm-04 combo originally, sounded like crap, had to be almost turned off to make it sound somewhat good. Changed to a HZ-H4 as fast as I had the chance. Any passive pickup could be tweaked to sound very Bodom like I guess, but to say that every pickup would sound "Bodomish" is wrong.

I got my GPSP shredmaster last night, didn't get to test it very much, just popped the tubes from my prototype in and tested all the front panel mods, it sound awesome and I could definatly get any era Bodom out of it now. And it finally got enough distortion/sustain, extream metal is a breeze with this.
Haven't tried to djent it thought :p
Have to check internal mods tomorrow or so.