LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

I agree the JE does sound like shit with active pre-amps, well, because the JE itself is an active pre-amp. The coolest thing about the JE is not that you can boost the gain.....it's the frequency switches. You can really tweak the frequency of any pick up with it, which is awesome. The gain part is useless to me since my amp already makes enough gain and I run a booster pedal. If I turn up the gain in the ABQ it just starts to get more noisy.

I would want this in a pedal not to try and make every guitar sound Bodomish, but just to have the ability to tweak your tone that much more. Personally I don't think the Bodom tone is the holy grail of tones, but there are parts about it that I like.

Rune - Can't wait to hear some audio clips of your Shredmaster!

WE WANT RECORDINGS!!! Would be awesome if someone ''re-recorded'' guitars on backing track trying to mach original or something like that.

Recordings will come before christmas, but I have only tested the thing for about 30 minutes or so, it has internal mods and a second channel I haven't even tested. And also the JE-1000 original clone which I haven't even unwrapped from its plastic envelope.
The nice part about the new mods is that it enhances the low mids greatly and also the cream wah wah solo tone bodom uses. The original GP-1000 didn't even come close to that, sounded very weak and harsh. I think i'm going to sell one of my originals and extream mod the other. Matching original studio songs might be a bit hard, without adding studio effects and EQ you can't do it. And most of all Bodom never used SP-1000 on a studio album. SP-1000 is a one sound poweramp, Bodom used power amps to; in the old days add some bass and mids and in the modern days: presence. But we could compare it to seoul 2001 tone in small clips at least.

Recordings will come before christmas, but I have only tested the thing for about 30 minutes or so, it has internal mods and a second channel I haven't even tested. And also the JE-1000 original clone which I haven't even unwrapped from its plastic envelope.
The nice part about the new mods is that it enhances the low mids greatly and also the cream wah wah solo tone bodom uses. The original GP-1000 didn't even come close to that, sounded very weak and harsh. I think i'm going to sell one of my originals and extream mod the other. Matching original studio songs might be a bit hard, without adding studio effects and EQ you can't do it. And most of all Bodom never used SP-1000 on a studio album. SP-1000 is a one sound poweramp, Bodom used power amps to; in the old days add some bass and mids and in the modern days: presence. But we could compare it to seoul 2001 tone in small clips at least.

seoul tone? ....I WANT MONEY FAAAAAST I NEEEEED THIS AAAAMP !! :rofl:

one FUCKING hour of recording material just got lost...all I have is a bunch of empty FUCKIIIING audacity projects...I'm gonna fucking sacrifice someone!!!

so this is from the second recording...I was so lucky that I cut my fingers when finishing Jon's unit so I think you'll be able to hear it...
- using bedroom mod -
- playing in flat in my bedroom, GP Vol - 12 o'clock, Dist. as well, HI MID LOW max and pulled, Mid Shift - 3, 2. Master 9 o'clock...integrated JE max, EQ - 1 on, 2 off, 3 on
- playing PRS SE PA with ALX for dropped C

-imho, it sounds much better live...recorded with Shure PG58 but I think it wasn't able to capture all the frequencies, because it wasn't loud enough...live it has 30% more clarity...
- anyway, you still could hear that GPSPJE sound is there

Last edited by a moderator:
and here is Jon's final unit - with sticker
1z6r2uc.jpg

Sounds good enough, but mine sounds so much better in the room. Have just soldered on my JE clone in my RR24 but haven't got to test it so much. It is like -20C out now (in Nothern-Norway) and Im struggeling to keep my rehersal warm enough to keep my equipement there. Almost impossible to play there. But next week I'll get to test both more and might start looking into recording some small 1 min clips or so. Forecast says up to +8C and rain so I hope it will be better conditions for playing.

Losing recorings is always damn annoying, happened to me before in the past, luckily nothing too serious.

why do you keep the GP volume at 12? Oh and when not using intellifex master(s) should be at 1-2o'clock for sinergy/bodom.
JE-EQ is still debatable, with J50bc it is best to have all off except #3, but since you're using EMG HZ H2 (alexi sig) the frequencies might change a bit. You just have to play around. Are you using ALX Clone or turing it competly off with flat EQ? Even then it might boost the signal in some ways.

Cool that Jon's GP is a silverface. Guess everybody has to choose their own style. Still glad mine is gold/good old marshall styled.

oh and I shipped off the old prototype with original JE for deeper study and repair earlier today. Hope TWCC get to check it out before the holidays kicks in.

well, as I said, live it sounds much better...I couldn't use higher volume, because family was in the living room...but luckily, I wasn't freezing:D

about those lost recordings...yeah, I am still fckin pissed off...I think it was the best material ever recorded with our amps...ah dammit..

why vol at 12? well, I think this last version of GP+JE has so much gain that I didn't have to max GP vol....tomorrow, I'll try with 1-2 o'clock master:)

yep, using ALX with pulled pot (switched off)...I'll record something with J50BC tomorrow:)

Is there a hum in there? Kind of like a 60hz hum (well 50hz for you I suppose)

Previous clips were much better but hey, as long as it's the same. I record a lot so I know even the smallest of mic placement change can result in a huge difference. When will mine be shipping? Thanks!

Sorry guys, I forgot to say that there are Sovtek tubes in it. The last set of Groove tubes we had is in a model that was given to Alexi.
Sovteks are not that clean and quiet as Groove tubes, so that's why you hear a different sound...we bought this set of Sovtek tubes for the first prototype we had - that rusty one:D - for more gain, because it was based on Rune's original GP without all those mods that are used in this final version (I'm saying final, but be sure it is not final, because you crazy metalheads will always come up with new ideas;))...anyway, they are just for testing the unit...afaik, Jon has his own tubes, so this unit will be shipped without tubes...and probably monday/tuesday:)

Jontzgu is right, these units have much more gain than originals.
Here I've got an example, what does the HUSH do:

0 - 9 sec - HUSH on,
9+ - Rocktron is bypassed - there you can hear a litlle hum, because SP volume is at 12 o'clock - It depends on the position of SP volume - before recording I've tried to set Master at 1-2 o'clock without Rocktron. SP was under 9 o'clock and LEDs were shining up to first red and there was no hum. You can crank your amp at 12 o'clock and be sure you'll hear much more hum:)
- Master 2 at 9 o'clock, Rocktron input at 10, output max, GP volume max
- Also I've found some old second-hand Groove tubes with Fender logo - immediately replaced Sovteks.
- anyway, for prompt recording, it must be louder...in my recordings you can even hear me hitting strings

Last edited by a moderator:
So here I've got some news.
My guitar teacher was very curious about the amp we build so I decided to take it to him. Unfortunately, he didn't take his Luke Musicman to work today, but there was one PRS SE Custom in classroom. I plugged GPSPJE to Bogner Alchemist cab with Vintage 30 and Greenback. First, he checked the design and he really liked that! But after that, I turned Jon's beast on, cranked up the volume and I it took only 5 seconds to make him smile. He was playing it for over one hour, I was fiddling with switches and knobs. Sound was just incredible! It was piercing but very nice to listen and he said: "It sounds warm and I like that very much!"
It is extremely hard to impress him with something, but he was totally amazed! According to him, installing JE inside is absolutely ingenious idea. He said he would buy one as a "school amp" immediately. (We have a very costly gear in our class(~40k€) - for example 2x Bogner Alchemist, Koch amp, Ampeg amp, dB Technologies active system (5.5kW afaik) etc.)

Imho, the second EQ is one excellent idea! It really makes the unit more versatile and it can shape the tone drastically when compared with the first EQ...about JE - the same! It's pure gold to have a gain booster with EQ that kicks the frequecies up directly in your amp + it is bypassable with one little switch!
Moreover, I've found out that it is inevitable to crank it up to hear it's potential. When using bedroom mod, it sounds really nice when you need to practice quietly. But the real pleasure comes when you hear those 100 blistering watts at full power. That's why my recordings are not that good. Live, it sounds great, but I don't have much skills with recording so I don't know how to capture it's sound properly when it's quiet.

Anyway, I'm very happy with the results of our work(mainly TWCC's ofc.) and it's good to know that it can even impress a person, who is not into COB:)

//Jon, I'll finish the battery switch this night and I'll send that tomorrow.

You know, I'm actually very impressed with the sound you guys are producing. Can definitely tell from the clips that it's legit. I'm actually interested myself now, but if Alexi's unit broke down from the modding, how do we know how long/well this one will hold up?

You know, I'm actually very impressed with the sound you guys are producing. Can definitely tell from the clips that it's legit. I'm actually interested myself now, but if Alexi's unit broke down from the modding, how do we know how long/well this one will hold up?

I am practically asleep, so just a quick reply (will read the whole forum on wednesday/thursday, have been working nonstop 10 hours a day lately)

I believe Alexi's unit(s) broke for two reasons.
1) running too hot, burning the tubes - both temperature and plate voltage. Temperature is the killer and for that we have a cooling system. Alexi did not have one.
2) modding a stock unit involves taking it apart, taking stuff out, putting new stuff in, often soldering parts in air, heating them a few times, wearing down the PCB and connections. Our mods are all designed into the PCB - mechanical durability should be much better.

When will you make je 1000 clones available? The ones ive had this far was all of questionable quality

Got my gpsp1k a few days ago, after a bit it's sounding great. Has some great mods, just needs a new set of tung sol tubes.

ffc15a601e32060ddbe602b707aa02e7_zps04569f17.jpg

5e4e72bc8d595aa9b7288fd143a94799_zps56394484.jpg

Clips are coming

Looks awesome! Here you can see that there is no problem in making these units also for american users (120V). Can't wait to hear your clips, Jon! Enjoy!:)