LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

Hey again,

well, finally I have some news - lots of testing and finding where the hell does the JE1000 pureness come from. And I believe we have it all. High quality film caps, metal film resistors, transistors with all parameters same as originals (you would not believe how difficult that was), and audio quality electrolytics from Panasonic.

I was not sure, if you want this with the push-pull:

1 - bypassing entire JE1000. That means Pushed = JE1000 active, Pulled = JE1000 bypassed, only output volume pot active.

Or this

2 - turning on the GAIN switch, which means Pushed = JE1000 active with GAIN switch on, Pulled = JE1000 active with GAIN switch off.

So I made it universal and you can select which one you want. As you can see on the 3D model, there are three pinheads (those black ones) and you can put them to the left or right. Under them on the PCB you see white rectangle. When those pinheads are set on the white rectangle, that means option 1 is active. When they are on the other side, option 2 is active.

Of course, removing the cable from the guitar disconnects the battery to prevent discharging.

QPD1rKW.png

This is important - PLEASE, check for me if it fits in your guitar! Dimensions are 63 x 26 milimeters, height is around 20mm, depends on the pot. With the pushpulls I have here now, the guitar body can be 8mm thick. Is that enough or shall I make some special nuts to allow thicker guitar body to be used?

Sweet, but let me ask this, option 2
meaning that if the JE-1000 with no gain on has no effect on the sound?

since if a JE-1000 causes an alteration of the sound even with no gainknob on ur better of with option 1.

btw will the PCB be in need of a battery? bcuz i might be able to use the battery cavity from the RR24 then? if I know what wirest etc etc

anyways, for dimensions on rhoads guitars you should ask rune, in the worst case scenario you can just make it that the pot is loose from the PCB.

rune measure the RR24's and Jackson stars etc etc etc :rofl: and give this man dimensions.

JE effects are EQ and GAIN BOOST, so you can switch off just the boost and keep the EQ shaping the signal or you can bypass the whole JE - this means no EQ and no boost. Originally, you could switch off only the boost. In our JE, you can pick what you prefer.

Of course, this is an active circuit, so 9V battery is inevitable. Also when talking about dimensions, in guitars of other shape where is not the battery clip separately, you should check if the booster + 9V battery fits in the guitar.

9V-sketch.png

JE effects are EQ and GAIN BOOST, so you can switch off just the boost and keep the EQ shaping the signal or you can bypass the whole JE - this means no EQ and no boost. Originally, you could switch off only the boost. In our JE, you can pick what you prefer.

Of course, this is an active circuit, so 9V battery is inevitable. Also when talking about dimensions, in guitars of other shape where is not the battery clip separately, you should check if the booster + 9V battery fits in the guitar.

ty for feedback, well idk what would be best to optionally bypass since idk what the EQ does to the signal without the gain, and idk if the J50-BC is any good without the JE-1000 since it is supposed to be a very mediocre PU.

as for the battery, I own a RR24 it has a built in battery slot that makes battery swapping as easy as possible, working with a slide in and out system.

IDK anything about cavity sizes.

Ex., its the right upper hardware

back-2.jpg

BB-02.jpg

The little longer version JE-1000 clone will fit all rhoads shaped guitars fine. Frontloaded or backloaded. A little more crowed and hard to ground maybe, but it will fit. might have to relocate the groundpoint on Jackson guitars (RR24 has active pickups originally, so it has no ground point, which you will need, just google it.)

sorry my work and children are taking all my time lately, also got a kemper for playing at home in the winters. No time to experiment too much with gpsp. Still searching for a e609 black sennheiser mic to record and or compansate my SM57. Nothing Ive tried so far sounds any better than RR480s recordings. But I've recently found out that the parts it came with gives the best sound as cryptic as it may sound it makes sense to TWCC. Might order some high quality parts used in Marshall silver jubilee and test for fun, but sticking to stock for now.
also have come to realise a couple other things about the mods, but not telling anybody yet.

Also Im looking to get rid of my 87 transitional gp-1000. Ill let it go pretty cheap with some info on mods that wont hurt this clone much.

As for any for any battery slots like rr24s, just order without the battery attatchment and solder the cables from the JE to the cables to the battery slot on the back. Simple and good. For guitars without a battert cavity/slot. Just get a battery clip and attach it to one of the walls of the electronics cavity. Glue or tiny phillips screw wont ruin the wood.

The little longer version JE-1000 clone will fit all rhoads shaped guitars fine. Frontloaded or backloaded. A little more crowed and hard to ground maybe, but it will fit. might have to relocate the groundpoint on Jackson guitars (RR24 has active pickups originally, so it has no ground point, which you will need, just google it.)

sorry my work and children are taking all my time lately, also got a kemper for playing at home in the winters. No time to experiment too much with gpsp. Still searching for a e609 black sennheiser mic to record and or compansate my SM57. Nothing Ive tried so far sounds any better than RR480s recordings. But I've recently found out that the parts it came with gives the best sound as cryptic as it may sound it makes sense to TWCC. Might order some high quality parts used in Marshall silver jubilee and test for fun, but sticking to stock for now.
also have come to realise a couple other things about the mods, but not telling anybody yet.

Also Im looking to get rid of my 87 transitional gp-1000. Ill let it go pretty cheap with some info on mods that wont hurt this clone much.

As for any for any battery slots like rr24s, just order without the battery attatchment and solder the cables from the JE to the cables to the battery slot on the back. Simple and good. For guitars without a battert cavity/slot. Just get a battery clip and attach it to one of the walls of the electronics cavity. Glue or tiny phillips screw wont ruin the wood.

idk anything about electronics so googling didnt gave me alot of helpful information, i know certain groundwires are soldered to the back of the pot

but in certain guitars its also against the wood/bridge no?

idk anything about electronics so googling didnt gave me alot of helpful information, i know certain groundwires are soldered to the back of the pot

but in certain guitars its also against the wood/bridge no?

Yes all guitars with tremolos should have a ground wire to the bridge.
And all guitars with passive (noisy) pickups/humbuckers/singlecoils should have a grounspot on one of the walls of the electronics cavity.
dkmgt_cavity_02.png

Using foil to is also a smart idea for noisy pickups. My Jackson custom actually came with foil already added. Totally noise free!

new, stunning JE - brand new design by TWCC, top quality parts...looks sweet, doesn't it?!

2ykbz89.jpg

2mpd2tv.jpg

It will be finished this evening and right after that, I'm going to install this beauty to my guitar(s).

Looks awesome, not like a toy as some of the ebay ones. Remember Jackson was at the top of their reign when this was designed, so no wonder the parts are high quality. 1986-87ish. How is the sound comapring to my old one?

It is perfect and done, instant Bodom tone, but remember that all bodom cd/live is through a mix and a senneheiser e609 or audix i5 mainly. But still really the best preamp for the price.

You could probably just order it right away and get one in a couple of weeks/up to a month.

Well to anyone whose interested, I might be selling mine. Gp1000 + sp1000 + built in (and by-passable) Je1000.

I've got an emergency and most of my gear has to go.

Too bad, well, sometimes you just have to get some cash. Hoping a forum member will pick it up. Might be a though sell on ebay since it is a custom amp for spesific fans.

Here is mine if anyone is interested. I'm hesitant as I'm not done getting all the sounds from it but I'm looking for $700 + shipping. Gp1000 (full mods) sp1000 + built in JE1000 that is by-passable.

Dude you know you could get a new one for about that price made in like a week? Other than that it is a very good unit. If I had the money (and the price was a tad better) I would get it just to have a second spare one. ;)