LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

so this is from the second recording...I was so lucky that I cut my fingers when finishing Jon's unit so I think you'll be able to hear it...
- using bedroom mod -
- playing in flat in my bedroom, GP Vol - 12 o'clock, Dist. as well, HI MID LOW max and pulled, Mid Shift - 3, 2. Master 9 o'clock...integrated JE max, EQ - 1 on, 2 off, 3 on
- playing PRS SE PA with ALX for dropped C

-imho, it sounds much better live...recorded with Shure PG58 but I think it wasn't able to capture all the frequencies, because it wasn't loud enough...live it has 30% more clarity...
- anyway, you still could hear that GPSPJE sound is there

hey guys

im in the need of an amplifier that i could play in my bedroom and could play live with and dont know but i forgot about the existance of this

im totally far away from whats going on right now, but i might be interested. basically i wanted a pre amp with power amp that i could play at bedroom volumes with the tones of those 2 clips. its fucking perfect! exactly what i wanted, that distortion and low end power with perfect perfect mids. its not too muddy, too trebly... balanced!

the sp1000 is solid state right? and what are the W possibilites? is one channel of SP enough for band rehearsal or live playing? the price for a totally modded gp+sp is 600e if i read correctly right? so it has both channels and is modded kinda like runes?

the project went great as i presume right? is everyone happy?

thats all man, thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The GPSP could have a mod on the back to filter the loudness of the power amp without taking away it's tone. I've got it and it works perfect.
I don't think that there are any better preamp/power amp combinations out there on the marked anyways. Axe-Fx and Kemper are still dependent on owning amps or models to get the sound perfect, and tweaking of various degrees.
Actually it sound a lot better than those clips, at least in room, I really need to get to capture it better some ways, but it is hard to do in the winter in my situation. And JonWoodworm is selling his so there isn't that many owning it yet.

It is perfect sound wise, but there marked for amps like that has dropped flat since: Alexi stopped using GP's/Modellers like Axe Fx/Kemper/Line6 has so good tones that if you're a master tweaker you could achieve a similar usable tone.
Also this board is kind of dead, even for the hardcore fans and guitar enthusiast.

One channel is plenty loud for both band practice and concert when miced up. But the sound would of course be fuller with a 4x12 with two channels. That's the only minus.

Don't know if TWCC and RR are so happy that there is so little interest, but I'm above the moon with the tone. Also combining it with my tube amps for more depth.

The GPSP could have a mod on the back to filter the loudness of the power amp without taking away it's tone. I've got it and it works perfect.
I don't think that there are any better preamp/power amp combinations out there on the marked anyways. Axe-Fx and Kemper are still dependent on owning amps or models to get the sound perfect, and tweaking of various degrees.
Actually it sound a lot better than those clips, at least in room, I really need to get to capture it better some ways, but it is hard to do in the winter in my situation. And JonWoodworm is selling his so there isn't that many owning it yet.

It is perfect sound wise, but there marked for amps like that has dropped flat since: Alexi stopped using GP's/Modellers like Axe Fx/Kemper/Line6 has so good tones that if you're a master tweaker you could achieve a similar usable tone.
Also this board is kind of dead, even for the hardcore fans and guitar enthusiast.

One channel is plenty loud for both band practice and concert when miced up. But the sound would of course be fuller with a 4x12 with two channels. That's the only minus.

Don't know if TWCC and RR are so happy that there is so little interest, but I'm above the moon with the tone. Also combining it with my tube amps for more depth.

really sad to hear that, cuz it really looks like something amazing. maybe the hardcore fans arent that hardcore after all. besides that it is annoying to know that twcc and rr worked so hard for so long and now the thread is kind of dead.. they pretty much made something that if someone told me it would happen 3 or 4 years ago i would go mad crazy of excitement

having an amp like this will definitely get me an identity on tone on stage, who has such an amp with such a tone? yes its alexis tone, but its alexis lost tone...

and the tone is perfect man, great prices, everything. seems amazing business. i thought on buying the laney ironnheart 15w head which is the same deal of price and has the possibility to play less than 1w and home, but i think this might be much better.

but yeah thats it, im thinking on selling my schecter loomis to buy one or to wait until my birthday (august) and with the sell of my bedroom amp get the 600e to buy this

jonwormwood is selling his but i think its too expensive and its in the USA, so it isnt a good deal for me at all, id rather buy a new one from the twcc guys

meanwhile i forgot to ask if it is possible to have headphone input like the engl e530 for headphone playing which is nowadays how i have to play.. might be asking tooo much

pure alexi valve tone + versatile enough and loud enough to play the same tone at home and live + able to play with headphones. <- couldnt ask for more.

what are all the mods the 600e version has together?

I would buy one if I had the cash. It's quite unique tone after all, if you keep in mind that everyone plays 6505 these days.

same here
i would like to ahve a GP/SP combo but i just dont have the money, im waiting for the JE-1000 since those would be around pretty affordable, it ust sucks that i dont ahve 600 euro to spend on it, otherwise i wouldve bought one already, im checking this regularely just for that purpose of nothing letting it die, its a great thrad, with great gear so far

same here
i would like to ahve a GP/SP combo but i just dont have the money, im waiting for the JE-1000 since those would be around pretty affordable, it ust sucks that i dont ahve 600 euro to spend on it, otherwise i wouldve bought one already, im checking this regularely just for that purpose of nothing letting it die, its a great thrad, with great gear so far

I'd sell that LTD for some cash, man.

The units mods:
5-6 gain mods on the 3-gainstages and one on the tube board.
2-4 tone shaping mods on the gainstages/and mid pot 5x bigger value
Bedroom mod on back with 3 settings (I think)
Possibility for a bypassable built in battery driven JE-1000 that works alright.
A bypassable full on second EQ for toneshaping with Mesa Boogie style circuit, could have metallica tone on one channel and Bodom on the other.
Also a footswitch for clean channel/Second EQ

It is a great price for the package, but if the marked for the tone and rack gear in general is quite dead, it is kind of a though sell...

A headphone mod is a possibility as I know there is space for it in the unit, on the other hand it would require another amplifier with transistor built in so it might be very crowded and probably cost €100 extra... Could give TWWC pics of my E530's headphone system and there might even be a schematic floating around. It dosen't hurt to ask him, but I can't predict the answer.

The units mods:
5-6 gain mods on the 3-gainstages and one on the tube board.
2-4 tone shaping mods on the gainstages/and mid pot 5x bigger value
Bedroom mod on back with 3 settings (I think)
Possibility for a bypassable built in battery driven JE-1000 that works alright.
A bypassable full on second EQ for toneshaping with Mesa Boogie style circuit, could have metallica tone on one channel and Bodom on the other.
Also a footswitch for clean channel/Second EQ

It is a great price for the package, but if the marked for the tone and rack gear in general is quite dead, it is kind of a though sell...

A headphone mod is a possibility as I know there is space for it in the unit, on the other hand it would require another amplifier with transistor built in so it might be very crowded and probably cost €100 extra... Could give TWWC pics of my E530's headphone system and there might even be a schematic floating around. It dosen't hurt to ask him, but I can't predict the answer.

my idea was really having the own amp power amp applied in the headphones, like the blackstar ht1 (i gave the engl e530 example because its a pre amp) but my idea was really that, and not having a separate amplifier transistor built in.

but if its 100e extra i think it might not even been a good idea though.

well im just curious to see when twwc appears to give his feedback in all :)

btw people i figured that (and this might sound obvious but i didnt realized it before at least) the best way to get the alexi tone out from any amp when you have like myself an emg alx alexi or something is to not shape the amp tone at all, letting the amp all 12 o clock (except gain as you prefer).

just because the guitar has a built in pre amp which already does that shape for its own, so letting the amp all 12 o clock is a good way to let the guitar sound for itself

No matter how it is done it requires some mod to the power amp section with probably another transistor to voice it and a completely separate output that is not meant for low omh's.
It could be cheaper of course, but I know that manufacturing the SP channel is quite easy compared to the rest and not so costy, but still, &#8364;100 is not much when you think about it in parts and work. Could be less too, I'm really just guessing.
Both blackstar and e530 has another transistor to feed the amplified tone to the headphone out, it is the same for all amps. Well some even have tubes to run it, but it is even more expensive.

He's online every week it seems, and I'm sure both him and RR are receiving notifications on us replying to this thread, so they'll be commenting sooner or later.

You have figured out that all amps that Alexi uses he is not tone-shaping much with the amp and that is correct. On the other hand all of his amps have some kind of a hot rodded marshall voicing. So it is not that strange that he can achieve the tone with all of them. GP's regular tone-shaping is very subtle and minor. E530 and 2203KK, JVM are all very flat set, comparing to how other uses the same amps. But nothing beats the modded mid voicing of a GP-1000, it is totally killer. So no matter what amp or modeler you use, it will have some differences, even if it is voiced similar.

Actually of all the preamps Alexi has had in his guitars the EMG ALX is the worst. It just sound a bit off and muddy. And he is in fact not using it for his regular models at least. He's still having his MM-04 made for them.

Hello, guys!
Actually, we don't get notifications regularly. There may be some problem at UM services...
Anyway, we are both abroad, so there is no time to play and test JE right now...I can just say it plays amazing and when I'll get home, I'll test the shit out of it with new GPSPs.

About the headphone output - I don't think it is that expensive...but that's a question for TWCC:)

About those quoted recordings...it sounds 60-80% better live :D...seriously.....and we have a new rehearsal place so expect much louder recordings & videos (I think we'll get home in April).

To sum up, we are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the tone(we are also:p), but you can really expect more from it - it sounds just astonishing, but as Rune said, it is hard to capture it.
For you, guys, we will make our GPSPJE perfect, record everything precisely and non shall stop us!

Oh feck,

so many replies and no email notifications, bloody hell. I am so sorry. And now I also see an email from Jon now, which I did not receive notification to my phone.. CRAP

So.. this will all be sorted as soon as possible. As RR said, we are abroad again for a few days, but we have parts and mechanical pieces for several GPSP's and PCBs and parts for JEs and so on.. RR already assembled one and told me there is some kind of issue with the bypass switch - I will have to investigate this evening and let you all know if it needs another batch of PCBs or if it is final and ready to ship.

I have the parts and PCBs with me, trying to do some soldering after my 10-12 hour workdays, expect some news in following days.

And again, so sorry for being quiet.. bloody notifications. Emails and questions I will find in unread comments and PM's here will be sorted today evening/tomorrow's evening.

TWCC

Soooo.. as promised - replies. I will take it from my previous post to avoid missing any comments.

Well.. it seems at least few people want JE's ASAP. I am at work away from home with RR for next 10 days, but have my electronics stuff and parts for JEs here.

We plan to do as much soldering as possible here, initially building at least 10 units, it seems they will go quickly. Parts for the remaining 40 or so PCBs are on the way. It seems Rune, Jon, Arystar, Motorbreath and others are waiting for them, so they should go quickly.

nunofrg - about the SP channels:
If you take GPSP, there is preamp - GP. And poweramp - SP, with one channel on poweramp only.
If you want separate SP, that can be made stereo (well, two separate channels to be exact), as original. It is not humanly possible to put full powered GPSP2 into one 1U case without making it very very long/deep. And I am not exactly sure where are the limits of Rack cases. GPSP is 300mm long/deep.

The bedroom playing is done with a simple switch on the back (actually three switches, so you can choose quiet/full power in several steps.

And yeah, it seems this board is a little dead, we can pretty much blame ourselves for part of it - not having enough time to make few amps at once and have them ready to ship is not very nice. But anyway, if anyone wants GP / SP / JE / combination, they can be done in approximatelly 2-3 week horizon.

I will have to see about the headphone output, but do not really see a reason why that should not work. I do not have a business motto yet, but it certainly will be something along the lines of "everything is possible" ;) Actually, it should (do not quote me on that) work directly with SP output with some parts that will make sure the headphones will not receive full output power. Should be a matter of a few resistors and one output jack - simple and cheap stuff really.

Let me know if I forgot something or someone.
_______
Meh.. I forgot to mention that the JE is in perfect condition after all - the issue we have been having with the bypass switch was a result of a communication problem between us - jumpers were set up incorrectly. now everything is perfect.

I've got some clips of the gsps through a marshall 1960b and a mesa os 412.

Matej, the eq that you built in is kind of awkward. I had to run the treble all the way down to get a more mid forward sound (yet less mids then the EQ off) but it sounds good. I have a clip for you comparing on/off.

Hey,

perfect, are you going to upload the clips somewhere or send via PM/email?

Also about the second EQ - yes, it has big influence on the sound and it can open it to more treble - which I have found also depends a lot on the amp and cab you have connected to it. But as you have said, it can be toned down with the second treble knob.

In my opinion the Second EQ has 10x bigger influence on the sound compared to the 1st EQ - it shapes the sound after distortion stage, so it works pretty much with final tone.

What about leaving 2nd treble in the middle (12 o clock) and turning up bass and mid up? You see, second EQ works passively - it can only turn down the three frequency ranges. So if you plan to go big with mid range, it is best to have 2nd MID on max and turn down bass and treble as needed.

I hope it was clear, if not, I can write better description :) I am tired as hell at the moment.

The second EQ is passive, but it doesn't just cut frequencies, it can boost frequencies or cut them, just as a regular amp, however the treble in the original EQ is overpowering everything in the amp. It has at least 8 capacitors controlling how it is shaped. People say it is a middle controlled amp, the truth is that it is just as based on the treble drive. Yes the treble washes the middle section out. But in what universe after all the extra mods in that department are you seeking more mids? It already cuts through every mix like a warm knife through butter, and with JE-1000 I keep the mids at 1 and get a perfect Bodom sound. Rather tell me what guitar and other setup you're using Jon.

Mids aren't the problem, however having the EQ engaged with bass/mids/treb all at noon being super shrill (and scooped sounding) just isn't natural.

You know that if you boost an already overdriven treble and middle section it becomes shrill. The first EQ section is still active while the second EQ is activated. So you are boosting a all frequencies by 50% at noon. No nothing about either the original GP or the clone is normal. It is an unique amp. Lee Jackson refuses to talk much about it to users and it seems like he is not very pleased about the product overall.

What I'm saying is (and you don't have to be so defensive about the gp1000...) is the EQ isn't natural. Let's not focus on the first EQ as I understand how that works but rather the 2nd EQ being very unnatural. Most amps with the EQ (being post-distortion) have a somewhat flat EQ curve (as in they aren't too bassy/middy/trebly or lack any there of) . However when the second EQ is engaged on the GSPS it is very shrill and scooped. I have a clip of the 2nd out disengaged compared to it engaged with the treble all the way down, mids all the way up and bass at noon (how it liked it sounding) and it's only slightly less middy/more bass then the EQ disengaged.

I think Matej did a wonderful job overall on the GSPS, it's just the EQ is awkward. If only it was smoother and had a tighter low end. The tone is harmonically rich and truly sings.

And whoever keeps saying the amp sounds X amount better 'live' then please stop, if it sounds like utter shit under the mic, then it isn't as great as you think. The human ear is much more sophisticated then any modern mic so of course it sounds good live. I could make an Art SGX2000 express sound awesome live.

Matej,
I'm just getting settled into my new place and construction crews have been renovating my kitchen so I"ll get those clips up. When can I order a je1000?

Yeah I actually played some with the second EQ today, and it sounds weird I give you that, and if you roll up some of the second EQ knobs the amp volume LEDs starts illuming more than they should on that volume level.
The EQ was just put in as a extra tone-shaping option, it can sound really bad, but I could make it sound awesome too. It has nothing to do with the Bodom sound, and really need its own gain stage to work. Sadly that is kind of hard.
The amp sounds great in room at all times, I just suck at micing amps and my SM57 isn't the best sounding mic for bodom tone, but I could get something similar. And I'm slowly learning some techniques and guidelines. Like the SP-1000 is so sharp sounding so you need a little more off axis or it gets too much. SM57 is already a sharp sounding mic.

Yeah I actually played some with the second EQ today, and it sounds weird I give you that, and if you roll up some of the second EQ knobs the amp volume LEDs starts illuming more than they should on that volume level.
The EQ was just put in as a extra tone-shaping option, it can sound really bad, but I could make it sound awesome too. It has nothing to do with the Bodom sound, and really need its own gain stage to work. Sadly that is kind of hard.
The amp sounds great in room at all times, I just suck at micing amps and my SM57 isn't the best sounding mic for bodom tone, but I could get something similar. And I'm slowly learning some techniques and guidelines. Like the SP-1000 is so sharp sounding so you need a little more off axis or it gets too much. SM57 is already a sharp sounding mic.

You are correct about sharp. Straight 57 on a gt75 maybe 1" off center on the grill or center57 angled directly on the grill in the middle will get you in the ball park of something usable. 906 is a little better fit for the gp.

Eq enabled probably has more bass which is eating up more headroom resulting in led's.

I am enjoying the emg hz more recently