LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

ive got an Edwards Arrowhead Alexi, EMG HZ with MM04, boost on, sounds supurb with an GP-1000, so maby the blackout pickup isnt that great afteral ?, why alexi went back to EMG after he tried blackouts

The Blackout is a good pickup it just doesn't work well with the MM-04. I guess Alexi got a better deal from EMG too, I doubt Saymour Duncan would make him a signature pickup.

Hello hello,

I am really fucking sorry for all these delays. Metal working guy is all "yes, it will be done tomorrow, call me tomorrow". Well.. I'll be there at 11:00 tomorrow and if the cases are not there, I will take all the material and do everything myself..

Idiots. Idiots everywhere.

On the positive side, I've found a replacement transformer, which is lighter while maintaining power ratings and quality etc etc. So the shipping will be less and the whole set should fit in even smaller case.

Take care.

Hello hello,

I am really fucking sorry for all these delays. Metal working guy is all "yes, it will be done tomorrow, call me tomorrow". Well.. I'll be there at 11:00 tomorrow and if the cases are not there, I will take all the material and do everything myself..

On the positive side, I've found a replacement transformer, which is lighter while maintaining power ratings and quality etc etc. So the shipping will be less and the whole set should fit in even smaller case.

Take care.

good news :D

Hello hello,

Take care.

Haha, I know the feeling of that kind of delays, lets hope it turns out all right.

And very important: Lee Jackson always bragged in all his interviews about amp building that he searched for years to find the most silent transformers and tubes for his amps to make sure that they would deliver only the tone that the guitarist desired and no noise/buzz.
So make sure the lighter ones are silent enough.
If they are, then great news!! GP And SP-1000 are quite heavey, mostly due to the transformers and the metal casings. Could easily made them under a kg if you made the whole thing out of plastic and light weight transformer. But I guess it wouldn't last for 25 years then. :p

Aaaand we have a liftoff!

As usual, if you want to have something done good, do it yourself. I was there at 11:00, cut the material, bent it to shape and after lunch I'll start drilling holes.

Found out, that the metal working guy has loads of work that he could not move to other date, so as an act of "sorry" I can come whenever I want and use the machines myself. In other words, "yaaay" :)

I will make sure to test replacement transformer very thoroughly, if there is even a slight buzz, I will revert to original setup.

KpM30Sz.jpg

GMhe8G2.jpg

just found that thread
great work...awesome
i owned a gp 1000 in the past but have sold it
i will buy one of yours for sure!

^^ thank you! :)

i have another update. Made basic shape of one case. It is VERY sturdy, and quite light. Me likes.

What I don't like is the look of the material - sadly, metal working guy managed to scratch it on various spots while he was moving it around his garage. I can't blame him though, it is very easy to make scratches (I did some too), after all, it is aluminium.

And also I got price estimate from anodizing company. They want around ~20 EUR for one case, or around 7 EUR for only front and rear panel. That is something I don't like very much - I can have finished case with durable black matte paint for 50-60.

Therefore, it seems that I will probably be ordering DIY anodizing kit from eBay.. just for the hell of it. Also, I've tried painting the aluminium with black pearlescent finish (the only black spray I had on hand) and it looks very good. So to sum it up, I was hoping, that anodizing would enable me not to paint it while being much cheaper. Well. You learn on your mistakes...

El cheapo surface finish would be front+rear panel painted black and the rest of the case brushed aluminium. Looks much better than this mirror finish with scratches. I will take some photos when I finish one case with holes, paint and everything.

About electronic progress - I have almost final versions (its v4.0 now and it will go further) of PCB with reduced sizes, switches and everything else. I want to finish them during the night and make PCBs tomorrow.

Also, we have a recording session tomorrow, not only two of us, but the whole band, so maybe we won't be able to get all the necessary equipment only for us :/ but hopes are high, we'll see.

oO9xdPk.jpg

Ailv00D.jpg

bs9M5tI.jpg

Great job! Too bad about the scratch, but I don't mind. Mine would be full if rack rash and scratches in no time anyways. Thats just how it is.

I've been waiting on some more recording stuff, would be exciting to hear how it sounds in a mix/band situation.

We should have contacted Alexis old tech guru which modified the GP-1000. I remember Nicotyr said that hos model was modded with a new gainstage just for low end distortion and used the bass knob as a second distortion knob. But he admitted his was more modified than Alexi's. The 825ohm 0.68uf mod was also made, but your model has a second mod on the tube pcb. How much does ut affect gain/distortion.

I am starting to like this aluminium finish when you brush it.. BTW these are 12mm knobs and I think I'll use 15mm.

About the recording - sadly, no luck. The band only recorded drums, it took ages and we did not get a turn at the recording equipment. I am tempted to make my own recording booth in my garage.

1h8fv9q.jpg

yjyXBTW.jpg

QqxaUBn.jpg

31445730.jpg

i just wanted to tell you that im very interested in buying a sp-1000, so here i am waiting for more news about it.

Make sure you consider tube heat dissipation. If they're in the middle of the chassis, you may need to add vent slots, and then becareful of leaving spaces in the rack. Prolly won't normally be a problem, but if used for a gig, driven hard, and complicated by hot weather, it could be a problem.

I'm definitely interested in a 1U rack mount! Have you set a price yet?

even though it might be heavier i honestly prefer the full 1U rack

Allright. Now I only need some answers:

Important stuff:
- Both channels, or only one?
- 110V or 230V?
- Rear input or front input? (Original is rear)
- front panel color (silver + black marks / black + white marks)

Not so important stuff:
- Type of knobs? (black aluminium, silver aluminium, silver/black with number plate)
- Colour of LEDs? (you can pick more colors, for example 7 green, 1 yellow, 1 red)
- Colour and type of main switch (round, rectangle, with/without light, light color)

//we can sort out the rest via PM, I just wanted to leave this here for everyone to see what is possible.

The price for 1 channel SP1000 is 280 EUR, 2 channel SP1000 is 500 EUR. If you won't use full 100 Watts, I could use a bit smaller transformer and shave the cost a bit. That is something we can continue in PM's

Make sure you consider tube heat dissipation. If they're in the middle of the chassis, you may need to add vent slots, and then becareful of leaving spaces in the rack. Prolly won't normally be a problem, but if used for a gig, driven hard, and complicated by hot weather, it could be a problem.

I'm definitely interested in a 1U rack mount! Have you set a price yet?

Yep, most definitely. I have found, that when using a GPSP combo in 1U rack, things are getting a bit warm. Not dangerously hot, but why bake the electronics when you don't have to. Therefore there will be a small quiet fan in the GPSP. And I will probably leave it there for the single GP and single SP too. The originals were getting hot too, there are two resistors on the original SP board that are always brown and almost damaged from the extreme heat.

Prices have been already listed few posts ago, but I don't blame you for asking, my post did not look like "these are final prices, you can order now".

Price for 1U GP1000 is 330 EUR without the mods (=original), or up to 360 depending on what mods you pick.

By the way:

We have managed to acquire some rare information about modding the GP specially for Alexi, Roope and other musicians.
Full mod list includes modding of three gain stages, modding the tone stack to allow more mids and stronger tone pass through, changing function of bass switch to add more significant bass, AND adding a second tone stack in a different place of the circuit.

Allright. Now I only need some answers:

Important stuff:
- Both channels, or only one?
- 110V or 230V?
- Rear input or front input? (Original is rear)
- front panel color (silver + black marks / black + white marks)

Not so important stuff:
- Type of knobs? (black aluminium, silver aluminium, silver/black with number plate)
- Colour of LEDs? (you can pick more colors, for example 7 green, 1 yellow, 1 red)
- Colour and type of main switch (round, rectangle, with/without light, light color)

//we can sort out the rest via PM, I just wanted to leave this here for everyone to see what is possible.

The price for 1 channel SP1000 is 280 EUR, 2 channel SP1000 is 500 EUR. If you won't use full 100 Watts, I could use a bit smaller transformer and shave the cost a bit. That is something we can continue in PM's

I think if you made some of these at 50 watts or even 20 watts would be great for those of us who only play in bedroom. I am interested in these when they are complete, but I know 100 watts would be overkill for my application.

I think if you made some of these at 50 watts or even 20 watts would be great for those of us who only play in bedroom. I am interested in these when they are complete, but I know 100 watts would be overkill for my application.

Would not recommend smaller transformer on a solid state amp. There is no tubes to overdrive/saturate, and therefore you can run them on 1 and get the same tone as on 10 (20). If you lower he transformer you might loose some of the tone of the original SP-1000

Would not recommend smaller transformer on a solid state amp. There is no tubes to overdrive/saturate, and therefore you can run them on 1 and get the same tone as on 10 (20). If you lower he transformer you might loose some of the tone of the original SP-1000

Ah...ok...I get ya. So the SP is solid state? Is it the GP that has tubes in it? I thought I saw some pics earlier in this thread that showed tubes.