Leftover Song from Death Magnetic

I liked the faster parts. Too bad they think every time James opens his mouth everything has to slow down to a crawl... Also, its too fucking long, certainly longer than it needs to be (much like all the Death Magnetic songs really)...

Easy to see why it's a leftover. Was good in parts, but overall mediocre. They also played it live. Pretty interesting setlist...

1. The Call of Ktulu
2. No Remorse (Full Version)
3. The Shortest Straw
4. Leper Messiah
5. The Day That Never Comes
6. Carpe Diem Baby (Live Debut)
7. Hate Train
8. Please Don't Judas Me
9. Wherever I May Roam (w/ MetClubber John Dent)
10. Sad But True (w/ John Marshall)
11. No Leaf Clover (w/ Apocalyptica)
12. One (w/ Apocalyptica)
13. Harvester of Sorrow (w/ Jason Newsted)
14. Damage, Inc. (w/ Jason Newsted)
15. Motorcycle Man (w/ Biff Byford)
16. The Prince (w/ Sean Harris & Brian Tatler)
17. It's Electric (w/ Sean Harris & Brian Tatler)
18. Helpless (w/ Sean Harris & Brian Tatler)
19. Am I Evil? (w/ Sean Harris & Brian Tatler)
20. Seek & Destroy (w/ Jason Newsted, John Marshall, Sean Harris, Brian Tatler, Bif Byford, Apocalyptica, and the Soul Rebels Brass Band)

I like it. I think the lyrics are kinda crap and the song is too long for it's own good, but I like it.

After listening to it 2 or 3 times I have slightly changed my opinion. It's pretty good, just too long and a bit uninspired. I still think it's better than several of the songs on DM.

Carpe Diem Baby?! Did it really need a live debut? It's a stinker of gargantuan magnitude.

Disagree. One of the few decent songs from Reload.

They just debuted another new one called 'Just a Bullet Away'. Apparently a "non-Death Magnetic song", but I remember the lyrics they showed were from the old previews of Death Magnetic. Hetfield's titles and lyrics are getting more and more uninspired. The guy used to be the fucking man with lyrics and titles...

Pretty cool that they played Anesthesia though, I'll check it out now.