Leftover Song from Death Magnetic

I doubt it... There was heaps of drum editing back then, it was just harder. The reason Exhorder were always so pissed off with the production of Slaughter in the Vatican (which I personally think sounds great) is that Scott Burns used all Sepultura's drum sounds he recorded for Beneath the Remains. If Exhorder were doing it then I highly doubt that Metallica weren't. Also if I recall there's a bit about the drum-editing on the Black Album on the Year And A Half videos.

Moving drums around would have been pretty impossible though. You have to splice the tape and shift it all around into perfect time and cross fades didn't exist then. So you'd hear the tape edits as plain as hell.

But yes forms of triggering have been around for a while. But it wasn't the same as how triggering is done now at all.

Basically, Lars was/is that good

Rumor has it they will release these songs on an EP entitled "Beyond Magnetic" via online digital retailers. Metallica are idiots if they are going to abandon the cd format for digital online bullshit.

Breaking news!! After almost three decades, Dave Mustaine will be playing with Metallica again on stage tonight in San Francisco for Metallica's fourth and final intimate sold out show at the Fillmore as part of the week-long celebration of its 30th anniversary as a band. Dave will be playing five songs with Metallica; "Hit The Lights", "Metal Militia", "Phantom Lord", "Jump In the Fire", and "Seek And Destroy".

Oh my fucking god... Mustaine with Metallica again, too fucking awesome!! Man that would've been amazing to see live...

To add on to the awesomeness:

The last new song from the Death Magnetic sessions. Man... easily the best of the four unreleased songs. Impressed. If they can write shit up to this quality and refine it some more, and trim the fat, I'll actually look forward to a new Metallica album for more than the fact that it's 'just a new Metallica album'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Metallica's longtime manager Cliff Burnstein is a wise man. He plans to take advantage of the weakened Euro by sending the band to Europe to tour again in 2012, despite the fact that 'Tallica already toured the continent rather extensively in 2011.

The embattled Euro has been nabbing its fair share of press lately, and Burnstein is smart enough to use that to his band's advantage. He's going to cash in now.

Burnstein told The Wall Street Journal that "I'm not an economist, but I have a degree, so it helps. You have to ask yourself, 'What's the best time to be doing what, when and where?' Over the next few years, the dollar will be stronger and the euro weaker, and if that's the case, I want to take advantage of that by playing more of these European shows now, because they will be more profitable for us."

That's exactly the job of a manager: to guide the band's decisions to generate the most revenue at the right time. Burnstein also likened the band to a major soft drink, in terms of marketability. He said, "We're a U.S. export the same way Coca-Cola is. We look for the best markets to go to. Right now, Indonesia is on my watch list."

Metallica are scheduled to play the Download Festival in England in June, where they will perform the self-titled 'Black' album from back to front. They have also booked other European festival dates through the summer.

Metallica will be performing 'The Black Album' at the following shows:

May 23 - Oslo, Norway - Vallehovin
June 01 - Nürnberg, Germany - Rock Im Park
June 02 - Nürburgring, Germany - Rock Am Ring
June 06 - Horsens, Denmark - State Prison
June 09 - Donington, England - Download
June 10 - Nickelsdorf, Austria - Nova Rock