Legendary Norwegian bands

Which of these deserves your deepest respect?

• Mayhem

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Darkthrone

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Satyricon

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Immortal

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Ulver

Votes: 15 27.3%

• Total voters
cheers Ulver fans!!! :D

I would say that Burzum is (probably) more legendary than Immortal due to Varg's naughty deeds ;)
Of course they are more interesting musically than immortal,since Burzum's career (sp???) is more varied,changing drastically in style etc ,but if it wasn't for his acts many of his works would have passed a bit unnnoticed....or at least less noticed than they deserve...

Originally posted by Lordenlil

Well have a more extended poll later, I think.

it's great idea ;)

Bye - leaving now, I cannot reply to this in a while (if u comment on it) :wave:

well, i'm in work... so i can't reply often to:p

I`ll go for Ulver their music is very innovative always evolving, I like also very much Satyricon but I think the took the wrong step with Rebel Extravaganza i expect that they redeem their self with the new Volcano Album

Might be, might be. Some of these bands are closing into eachother.
Like the new Darkthrone sounding more like Satyricon. I started
wondering if Satyr did the vox... just so damn similar.

Might be, might be. Some of these bands are closing into eachother.
Like the new Darkthrone sounding more like Satyricon. I started
wondering if Satyr did the vox... just so damn similar.

well, Snorre played on "Rebel", Satyr sang on "Thorns". little crazy:p anyway, i don't see nothing compared "Plaguewiedler" to Satyricon

You don't... listen to the vox, amongst other things...
I know I'm not the only one who've noticed that.

for me DARKTHRONE will be always DARKTHRONE:D maybe Satyricon is compared to Darkthrone, but not inversely

Don't u think I know Darkthrone enough to say the same? :)
But you just listen more carefully to Plaguewielder, and compare
to older Darkthrone. Then compare to Satyricon. You'll find it as
a mix of Darkthrone and Satyricon. Clearly.
Nothing wrong with that, I like it, but it's impossible not to hear it..
I don't even have to compare to hear it. It'a ll in the head. You should
hear it clearly as well....

And: Nocturno Culto did play guitars on Nemesis Divina....

hmmm... for me "Plaguewielder" still sounds like Darkthrone:D a little bit like "Panzerfaust". maybe i deaf or i'm too hard Darkthrone fan;) anyway, as i know Satyr sang on "Goatlord"? and together with Fenriz they recorded Storm album...

Originally posted by Kveldssanger
Since Eldzik mentioned the Storm album, is it good? I've seen it in the record store the last couple of times I went there and I was wondering if it was worth buying..

well, Storm "Nordavind" is cult album, first true folk-metal masterpiece:D for me is fantastic, if you like folk - buy now!

I simply can´t choose among these bands..:!

Mayhem are truly one the main pioneers -together with Darkthrone, but Satyricon and their (old) folk-a-like style revelutionated the scene as well.. Immortal and their famous & amazing holocaustmetal; and at least Ulver, which is just brilliant in all aspects...

I think I´d go for Emperor though... :)

Originally posted by Eldzik

well, Storm "Nordavind" is cult album, first true folk-metal masterpiece:D for me is fantastic, if you like folk - buy now!

Yeah - I agree. It's very cool. And at the same time it's humor in
a bizarre way. he he
Also get the Isengard records. I love them :D

Also get the Isengard records. I love them :D

second Isengard album "Hostmorke". first "Vinterskugge" is split demos and other stuff and is more death/black metal than folk. Isengard is Fenriz sideproject...

Originally posted by Eldzik

second Isengard album "Hostmorke". first "Vinterskugge" is split demos and other stuff and is more death/black metal than folk. Isengard is Fenriz sideproject...

I know that ;)
*kidding, I know u wanted to inform the others*