Less than professional quality DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be suggesting the band bent to pressure from fans of this forum, which is utter nonsense. If Symphony X were that suggestible, we would have seen a horrific unfinished album years ago... It looks more like IO pushed for extra material for a special edition, rather than a concerted effort from the band to produce a DVD.
No one said "Please supply us with home footage" - people wanted a properly recorded DVD. I would still like a properly recorded DVD.

Well than stop beeing butt sore about it, after all this isn't an actualy dvd so there for you cannot be disapointed for asking for it since its not what you asked for! Kudose to symphony x for given your fans something better to look at than youtube shat movies! Fack the rest of them for beeing little bitches.

PS: I forgot to add, that yes it does suck they lied 'again', or management who ever, so feeling ripped off because of that is fine!

Well than stop beeing butt sore about it, after all this isn't an actualy dvd so there for you cannot be disapointed for asking for it since its not what you asked for! Kudose to symphony x for given your fans something better to look at than youtube shat movies! Fack the rest of them for beeing little bitches.
It's kind of funny when Zach misinterprets posts and brazenly insults people but he tends to do the former deliberately and the latter with an offensive eloquence.

PS: I forgot to add, that yes it does suck they lied 'again', or management who ever, so feeling ripped off because of that is fine!

I dunno, if I were "the band" I would be slightly upset at people whining about the insert of video material. They have always delivered when it comes to music and after one misunderstand like this fans immediately go nuts and call foul? That's just stupid. Just listen to the music for what it is (which is amazing) and as said before, go to YouTube or see them live with your hard earned money rather than wasting time QQing -_-

What a wonderful question. One I'd love to hear answered. It would certainly be more insightful to hear something about this from our beloved forum mods, rather than read their cutting sarcasm every time someone makes a SX related comment that deviates from the herd.

What are you referring to here? Me, Glenn, Jax? I've been pretty vocal about the way some things have been handled with this much anticipated release, and was bummed to hear that the doc footage & the exclusive track were absent. Since the DVD version was not any more than the single cd digi, you can take it, as Glenn said, for what it is. There IS some cool footage on there. I'm actually happy that there won't be (apparently) a seperate release as advertised on such sites as Impulse's. I too, would have felt duped if I either payed more for the DVD version and not gotten the mystery footage, or had to go out and buy a second copy to get the "better" version of the DVD. The band has issued a statement regarding it, and are obviously aware of what's going on. It's water under the bridge for me, as this is possibly thee finest Sy-X release thus far, IMO.....

What a shitty situation for the band. Here they are, probably completely psyched that their fans are getting the official release of the new CD, and they have to hear about how some people are upset about the freakin' DVD that is being given to them for FREE.

I got the DVD included version of the CD, watched the DVD, realized it was poor quality (which they say right at the beginning), and I'm not disappointed at all. I was waiting for the CD, not the DVD. The CD is amazing, and here the band has their day in the sun spoiled because of something extra they tried to do for their fans. They deserve better. Much better.

What a shitty situation for the band. Here they are, probably completely psyched that their fans are getting the official release of the new CD, and they have to hear about how some people are upset about the freakin' DVD that is being given to them for FREE.

I got the DVD included version of the CD, watched the DVD, realized it was poor quality (which they say right at the beginning), and I'm not disappointed at all. I was waiting for the CD, not the DVD. The CD is amazing, and here the band has their day in the sun spoiled because of something extra they tried to do for their fans. They deserve better. Much better.

Here Here!

Wasn't a freebie in the UK, or various places in the US as far as I can tell.

Can you guys also stop with the bizarre complaints about ungrateful whining. Every complaint with the DVD in this thread so far has been reasoned and compensated with praise.

Please read the actual posts before you start screaming. You only look incredibly foolish.

lol, what did you expect? some 5.1 surround version with different cam views and every band member being miced and mixed?

these are simply home videos with one camera and the sound that this cam offers. It's overall better than a lot of the youtube videos

Wasn't a freebie in the UK, or various places in the US as far as I can tell.

If anyone charged extra for the DVD, they were ripping you off. I'm sure InsideOut was not to blame for that screw up.

Can you guys also stop with the bizarre complaints about ungrateful whining. Every complaint with the DVD in this thread so far has been reasoned and compensated with praise.

Please read the actual posts before you start screaming. You only look incredibly foolish.

The fact that the band had to hear anything negative in regard to this issue is worthy of criticism. If everyone had just said "DVD quality stinks, oh well", none of this BS with Jax, the band, their management, etc. would have been necessary.

The fact that the band had to hear anything negative in regard to this issue is worthy of criticism. If everyone had just said "DVD quality stinks, oh well", none of this BS with Jax, the band, their management, etc. would have been necessary.

I think you & a few others are missing the point. The "press release" was more geared toward those that were looking for a documentary & a bonus track that was advertised in many places. Better control of released information at all levels would have negated the need for a lot of this. I can't see how anyone could argue with that...

I think you & a few others are missing the point. The "press release" was more geared toward those that were looking for a documentary & a bonus track that was advertised in many places. Better control of released information at all levels would have negated the need for a lot of this. I can't see how anyone could argue with that...

I just hope it all blows over soon and we can get back to talking about all the great things the band has done with this release and forget the BS misunderstanding / mistake.

Long Live Symphony X :headbang:

*The sloth with a pint.

I thought it was the Abominable Snowman from Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer playing the part of King Kong.

and for a second i thought scanner313's sig said "Support Ron Thal for president in 2008!" That would be win.

lol, what did you expect? some 5.1 surround version with different cam views and every band member being miced and mixed?

these are simply home videos with one camera and the sound that this cam offers. It's overall better than a lot of the youtube videos

i expected a 30 minute documentary and a bonus track, as advertised.

I paid extra for the dvd and was looking forward to the documentary and a bonus track. There is not a thing wrong with a consumer being frustrated for paying for something and not getting what they thought they paid for.

Since I started this particular thread, I figure I'll try and end it, or a mod could close it. I was not whining, just to set the record straight. I was just expecting something else, something that is still being advertised. That's it. I am fantastically happy with the CD.

Just so you know, I have checked a host of online (just online now, I did not go to Best Buy or Circuit City, etc), and every place that I checked has the DVD version for more that the regular. That is not starting anything, nor am I claiming to be ripped off, nor am I whining: I am simply making a true and correct statement.

So, as I said, fantastic job SX on the new CD itself and all the work the you poured into it.

"Why can't we all just get along?" - Jack Nicholson (twice ;) )

Tito

i expected a 30 minute documentary and a bonus track, as advertised.

Truth. Oh well, didn't happen. Things suck. I didn't get my cds from The End Records today :( No moonsorrow :(:( no manegarm :(:(:(:(

Just so you know, I have checked a host of online (just online now, I did not go to Best Buy or Circuit City, etc), and every place that I checked has the DVD version for more that the regular. That is not starting anything, nor am I claiming to be ripped off, nor am I whining: I am simply making a true and correct statement.

Truf.

Status
Not open for further replies.