lesson learnt the hard way: running a studio

Feb 9, 2006
www.laruso.com
Hey guys thought i'd share this experiance with you as hopefully no one here will fall in the same hole i just did,

My studio is currenly based arround a m-audio project mix... yesterday it stopped working - and the light on the psu was flickering... after talking to the Tech guys at m-audio (who were excellent by the way) it tuned out i need a new psu

so i try to get hold of one.... they are like 20 quid - nothing. ANYWAY turns out their are none about so must be ordered from germany. This is going to take a week approx.

My studio is now dead in the water - i'm missing out on around a grand this week,

This is what it boils down to - this year i have spent the best part of 4 grand on cool stuff ... pluggs, software, outboard, mics @ treehouse (mystudio) But if i had spent 20 quid on a spare psu for my interface i would not be out of pocket...

I am now going round getting a spare psu for all essential equiptment... And I sugest some of you guys do too!

C.

Yeah, I've had a couple shitty psu's go down on me recently. It sucks! I now have a spare on hand. I've kinda rectified the problem though. I have a liquid cooled pc, so I forgot to look at the liquid level, and BAM. It's over. Happened twice.:oops: Yeah, now, I have a real bitchin one in there, and a spare just in case. PSUs are pretty common though. You should be able to pick one up anywhere, or rob one like I did.:heh: