Let's go retro !!

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
As the very old thread of Trixx turned up I was wondering if we can't get hold of some people that weren't here for years. Greeno, Fangface, Griffin, Nick and there must be many more I can't remember the names from????

Okay, send a bunch of messages (Wicked Child, MEtal Maiden, Metal Dog, Tedvanfrehley, IOFthe storm, Abryl, Murai, etc...) wonder who will get the messages ???

Psychonaut, AngelWitch73 (I know Cherylk won't answer :( ), Walter_Langkowski, USMC0341, Igor Cavalera, Tsorl, Baldyboy, Clammy, The saYer, Burkhard, #1_Droogie, StormSpell, MURAI, and more.

And frankly Wheezer, Sissxwine, Pabla, KittyBeast, JonnyD, Zeppelin, SickBoy, Trans-Siberian Outcast, Bryant, Delize, Unfaithfully Metalhead, SavaRon, No-Mercy and more had not been here lately at all :(

And the cry comes from some time http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/old-school/193293-m-i.html

Come back to the family (FB it's not all in the world).

Haven't been here in awhile. Just to much going on. What can I say. The analog world is getting in the way. How is everyone doing?

Yep, I even posted yesterday! Things are fair, now....better than the shitty they have been for the last few months. Hope everyone is doing well!

It has been a long time since I visited this wonderful place!

Dude I can honestly say I missed you. How are you doing buddy?

Haven't been here in awhile. Just to much going on. What can I say. The analog world is getting in the way. How is everyone doing?

I am doing great! How about you?

Yep, I even posted yesterday! Things are fair, now....better than the shitty they have been for the last few months. Hope everyone is doing well!

I am doing good. Good to see you are still alive and kicking! :)

JD, Bill, Dubya come on guys, I know time is a bitch and life's hard but come from time to time and drop a post.

This is still home to you all.

Damn, just typed out a big post and it didnt go try this again!

Haha Jonny, was diggin' thru some old threads were you really were kicking ass :)

I remember back ten years ago this was a pretty rough place, lots and lots of trolls but we told em all F*** You and made it a respectable place to gather!!

Dude I can honestly say I missed you. How are you doing buddy?

Henri, you are one of my best and oldest "Net" friends! its been long year man, and I am definately looking forward to it being over ... hahah I am trying to be positive but it has been very shitty ... atleast we got a new John Arch album this year!!

JD, Bill, Dubya come on guys, I know time is a bitch and life's hard but come from time to time and drop a post.

This is still home to you all.

Thank you for the warm welcome Rolando!! Gert and Henri as well, its nice to know I can disapere for a while and have a place to come back to, Bill and Dubya said it best, its been a hard year .... shit, its been a hard three or four years honestly, just seems like my Fam cant catch a break, its great to be back though

Great you guys dropped a message, how are you both doing these days ????

Aside from the fresh, new cold I just got, I'm not doing too bad. The last several years have been pretty rough, but things are starting to stabilize a bit now. I'm in the middle of starting a new job, in a field I've always wanted to get into (radio broadcasting), so that's currently a blessing and a curse (you know how starting new jobs are like, it's stressful). I still love hard rock and metal, but I'll be honest with you guys...over the last few years, I have been finding myself drifting over to other genres. So, I'm no longer hard rock and metal exclusively anymore, but rest assured, I still love it, and the other stuff I like now is still very old school. In some cases, older school! Man! It's cool to be back!

Nice to see you remember me even though I've never been very active on this subforum (and on Ultimate Metal in general).

Actually, I still do check this and three other subforums on UM at least about once per week or every two weeks, but I hardly find any topics I feel I could contribute to. By the way, it seems that nowadays a lot of music-related forums (at least those I'm a member of) are much less active than they were a few years ago and some have already gone.

By the way, it seems that nowadays a lot of music-related forums (at least those I'm a member of) are much less active than they were a few years ago and some have already gone.

Totally true. And it seems nowadays people prefer to languish at FB than to take a bit of time and post in a forum.

Good to see you around again.

Aside from the fresh, new cold I just got, I'm not doing too bad. The last several years have been pretty rough, but things are starting to stabilize a bit now. I'm in the middle of starting a new job, in a field I've always wanted to get into (radio broadcasting), so that's currently a blessing and a curse (you know how starting new jobs are like, it's stressful). I still love hard rock and metal, but I'll be honest with you guys...over the last few years, I have been finding myself drifting over to other genres. So, I'm no longer hard rock and metal exclusively anymore, but rest assured, I still love it, and the other stuff I like now is still very old school. In some cases, older school! Man! It's cool to be back!

Well, most of us often drift to other genres over the years, but most are still loving the old school of Metal ! I find myself listening much more to a bit softer progressive rock, lots of 70's stuff and even some classical music is enjoyed at times !
Just an example, one of my favorite non-metal albums of 2011 is Agnes Obel's "Philharmonics" . Probably boring to some but I just love listening to this album at a calm dark moments :)
Now playing some Van Halen though, so I guess I'm still okay :D

I still check in several times per week, but I seldom find posts I can contribute to (always participate in Warlord and John Arch discussions!). I just haven't been getting much new music lately, only have about 6 albums even released this year. I'm so stuck on Here Come The Mummies that metal has taken a back seat, and Mummies discussion would be off-topic here on UMOS.

I still love coming back and seeing familiar faces...er names. And I still love UMOS! Always will.